What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

In movies and TV shows, when the "driver" of a car looks away from the road for FAR longer than you can do without getting in an accident. Completely knocks me out of the suspension of disbelief, every time.
A close correllary to this is when they are swinging the steering wheel from side to side when they are just casually driving straight. Like a child pretending to drive.

Auto correct is a huge pet peeve of mine.

And here is how my phone wanted to type that...

Auto correct if a huge per peeves if line

Especially when it chooses some bizarre obscure word instead of the statistically more likely word. Like it will for some reason choose pyres instead of piece. It did it right there. Don't think I've ever typed pyres on purpose until just now. Irritating as hell.

And it is supposed to get better over time, AI amirite? But it just keeps getting worse. I've changed keyboards several times. They each start out not too bad and just get worse and worse. I miss my blackberry keyboard.

Last edited:
Liberals/Trump haters on this site that are so smug and uptight and can never say anything is going right in our country.

In movies and TV shows, when the "driver" of a car looks away from the road for FAR longer than you can do without getting in an accident. Completely knocks me out of the suspension of disbelief, every time.

Well I mean, I can look away for probably 10 seconds and be fine. My peripherals are too notch. But yeah, it bothers me in movies, especially if it’s like freeway scenes with decent traffic around.

Change I get. But my credit card. Or cash. People don’t have to touch me to hand those types of things back to me.
Someone once put my wife's credit card right on the magnetized section of the checkout instead of handing it back to her. Needless to say she had to go get a new card.

The kids coming into our bedroom at 6:15-6:30am most days sometimes even at like 5:45am to wake us up, like wtf.

Auto correct is a huge pet peeve of mine.

And here is how my phone wanted to type that...

Auto correct if a huge per peeves if line

Especially when it chooses some bizarre obscure word instead of the statistically more likely word. Like it will for some reason choose pyres instead of piece. It did it right there. Don't think I've ever typed pyres on purpose until just now. Irritating as hell.

And it is supposed to get better over time, AI amirite? But it just keeps getting worse. I've changed keyboards several times. They each start out not too bad and just get worse and worse. I miss my blackberry keyboard.
Mine loves to correct "yeah" to "yippy"

Morons driving tiny little cars who can’t just pull into a generous sized car park first time. Who have to back in and out 5 tines even when they have a metre clearance both times. And take 2 mins to do it

Morons driving tiny little cars who can’t just pull into a generous sized car park first time. Who have to back in and out 5 tines even when they have a metre clearance both times. And take 2 mins to do it

Bet your missus has similar thoughts about your sex life.

I remember watching some bird in Essendon mount the curb 21 times, (it took us a while to start counting) in her soccer mum mobile.

Bet your missus has similar thoughts about your sex life.

I remember watching some bird in Essendon mount the curb 21 times, (it took us a while to start counting) in her soccer mum mobile.

I don’t need to back in and out 5 mins or take 2 min I’m much more time efficient