What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

I use a foodsaver a lot. I think they should give them away with costco membership, but anyway.

The bags are ****ing expensive. That sucks all by itself. But my pet peeve is that they make it very hard to seal if you don't use 2-3 extra inches of bag. On the model I'm currently using there is a bar below the bag that acts as the activation button. But you can't just hit the bar anywhere, you have to press both ends in for the vacuum to turn on. This makes it even harder to use the right amount of foodsaver bag because you're trying to hold the bag up while hitting the button with both hands.

I know there are other options out there and when this foodsaver is done I'll be moving to a different brand.

When people who do reviews use the 5-star scale as a Yes or No, either 5 stars or 1 or 2.

5 and 1 should be your LEAST common scores given. 5 is for something that is truly special and stands out, 1 is for something that is particularly awful. 3 should represent "good", 4 is "very good", 2 is "bad" and/or "disappointing".

80%-90% of things should fall into 2-3-4 star ratings. If you do reviews and this is not true for you you're doing it wrong.

I work in a hotel and we have been trained to say " my pleasure " when thanked.

A little strange at first, but after awhile it's nice and guests seem to like it.

The worst is " no probem "

You're welcome is also acceptable or sod off you scrote, depends on the customer

When people who do reviews use the 5-star scale as a Yes or No, either 5 stars or 1 or 2.

5 and 1 should be your LEAST common scores given. 5 is for something that is truly special and stands out, 1 is for something that is particularly awful. 3 should represent "good", 4 is "very good", 2 is "bad" and/or "disappointing".

80%-90% of things should fall into 2-3-4 star ratings. If you do reviews and this is not true for you you're doing it wrong.
I view them more as quintiles.

Okay, looked it up. I could help the rest of you out but you'll just have to do you're own work.

I disagree. Each choice further from the center (3) requires exponentially greater justification.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

Screenshot_20190703-224503_Chrome.jpg