What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

There is actually a city ordinance here that if you park in front of a house that isn't yours for so long you can get fined or even towed. So like a day, or maybe 2 or 3 if you have guests, is ok but constantly it gets reported and you get ticketed. Consequently we don't have many people who do that. And of me neighbors most of them will let you know if they need to or apologize.

I just got some new next door neighbors. Instead of parking in front their own house, in their driveway, or heaven forbid in their garage (where cars are supposed to go) they are parking in front of my house.
I hate people parking in front of my house. Like hate, hate it. Since I technically can’t do anything to prevent it, I started leaving my garbage can out at the curb all week (another pet peeve of mine, but the lesser of two evils). Doesn’t phase them. I moved it down to a point where they wouldn’t be able to get their car in the space. They moved it back.
I’m going to throat punch someone.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
It is odd how much it bothers people to have someone park in front of their house. But I guess I have just lived downtown long enough that its just normal to me. You park where you can. I guess it would be odd if they had a spot in front of their own house and always parked in front of yours.

Do you want to park in front of your house? Or you just hate seeing their car?

We built our house last year. Across the street, there's a house that rents out their basement. Their first tenant owned a big *** cruiser van from the early 90s and it looked crazy white trash and was an eye sore. They parked in front of our house for the first year. Now, they have a highway patrol officer that parks his big *** truck in front of our house. He parks it facing the wrong direction and 10 feet from a crosswalk (he breaks 4 laws every time he does it.) The ******* always comes home late and honks the horn when he locks it and it makes my dogs go wild. If he's not doing that, he's blasting music or his truck is just loud af.

I told my gf as soon as I see him, I'm calling his *** out. If you write traffic tickets for a living, you better follow simple traffic rules. ****ing assholes.

People who drive on the freeway in the merge lane and aren't exiting any time soon. Usually, it's the dumb, oblivious person that just shouldn't drive in general. You know, like the person that stops at a stop sign well before you and freezes up because they're timid, careless and short circuit so they wait for you to go.

On a motorcycle, this person is the damn worst. They usually drive a minivan, have 5 kids, and no job. You can find them in line at any of the soda/pop shops (in the drive through of course because heaven forbid they actually walk.)

I hate that person.

There is actually a city ordinance here that if you park in front of a house that isn't yours for so long you can get fined or even towed. So like a day, or maybe 2 or 3 if you have guests, is ok but constantly it gets reported and you get ticketed. Consequently we don't have many people who do that. And of me neighbors most of them will let you know if they need to or apologize.

Jesus that’s a stupid ****ing ordinance.

Do you have driveways?

We built our house last year. Across the street, there's a house that rents out their basement. Their first tenant owned a big *** cruiser van from the early 90s and it looked crazy white trash and was an eye sore. They parked in front of our house for the first year. Now, they have a highway patrol officer that parks his big *** truck in front of our house. He parks it facing the wrong direction and 10 feet from a crosswalk (he breaks 4 laws every time he does it.) The ******* always comes home late and honks the horn when he locks it and it makes my dogs go wild. If he's not doing that, he's blasting music or his truck is just loud af.

I told my gf as soon as I see him, I'm calling his *** out. If you write traffic tickets for a living, you better follow simple traffic rules. ****ing assholes.

Call the cops. Leave a note on the windshield. Knock on his door. Problem solved.

It is odd how much it bothers people to have someone park in front of their house. But I guess I have just lived downtown long enough that its just normal to me. You park where you can. I guess it would be odd if they had a spot in front of their own house and always parked in front of yours.

Can your wife park her car there instead?

Or maybe park your car in front of their house?

Jesus that’s a stupid ****ing ordinance.

Do you have driveways?
Dude it's general LA area. Everyone has a pickup 2 low-riders, 3 broken down cars, 2 commuters that are half primer colored and one Mercedes. An no one can use their garage as a garage.

But I've been told they they instituted that about a decade ago and there hasn't really been any problems since. It was aimed primarily at broken down and non-registered cars and the fact that to afford a house here there are often 3 generations or extended families, with their requisite cars. My neighbor is a household like that and they have no fewer than 10 vehicles. They have the end house in a cul-de-sac so they have more street space than most but they are constantly shuffling cars in their driveway and on the street.

I absolutely can not stand to see someone in a patrol car not following basic driving rules. I'm talking about normal, non-emergency driving and things like using a turn signal, turning into your corresponding lane, staying in your lane, etc. I agree that if you write people tickets you need to set the example. I understand there are times when that doesn't apply, but in normal driving it should apply.

People who drive on the freeway in the merge lane and aren't exiting any time soon. Usually, it's the dumb, oblivious person that just shouldn't drive in general. You know, like the person that stops at a stop sign well before you and freezes up because they're timid, careless and short circuit so they wait for you to go.

On a motorcycle, this person is the damn worst. They usually drive a minivan, have 5 kids, and no job. You can find them in line at any of the soda/pop shops (in the drive through of course because heaven forbid they actually walk.)

I hate that person.
Yeah, I hate timid, low-confidence drivers in general. If you're scared to drive... don't drive.

Leaving work I have a 4-way stop at the end of the street my factory is on. People pull up and sit and wait for me to get there and come to a complete stop before taking their damn turn, like I'm just going to blast through the stop sign while they go through and t-bone them when I'm going 35-40mph until I start slowing down for the stop.

I absolutely can not stand to see someone in a patrol car not following basic driving rules. I'm talking about normal, non-emergency driving and things like using a turn signal, turning into your corresponding lane, staying in your lane, etc. I agree that if you write people tickets you need to set the example. I understand there are times when that doesn't apply, but in normal driving it should apply.
This. In spades. Regularly see cops in patrol car swerving lane to lane, not signaling (already a pet peeve of mine), and otherwise driving like asses when they are obviously not headed anywhere that would require it.

Asses
Asses

Edit: hmmm interesting

We park both our vehicles in the garage. You know, the space made for parking vehicles. I get people use the garage as storage, or a workshop, or a beer brewing facility. Whatever. I don’t care about that, until you put your car in front of my house.
The main reason it bothers me is because of my kids. They suddenly become a lot less visible to cars driving down the street and vice versa. I can’t look out the window and check on them in the neighbors yard. But there’s more to it than that. Suddenly people coming to my house now have to park in front of someone else’s house. It affects where I can put my garbage cans. It affects my ability to mow my lawn for **** sakes.
In this particular case, the neighbors don’t even park in their garage or driveway. They just pull up in front of any random house and park.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app