What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

I call it boardroom speak. Loathe it. But if you want to advance, learn it...

Advancement is a myth for wage slaves, I've probably got ten years left at work and have no interest in anything resembling management. I have some interest in developing training packages for work but the reality is most of my energies are directed toward increasing revenue from my own business interests.

Phillips screws are the worst.

Everything should be a square, and if not a square, then a torx.

Phillips screws are 100x better than flat head screws, imho.

If torx was more standard that'd be great, but it's not, so it isn't so common to have a set of torx wrenches or drivers.

Socket head (the ones you use "allen" wrenches on) are a good alternative, but those strip out, too.

Square sucks if you're in a tight spot where you can't rotate the wrench a full 90 degrees at a time. Well, it more than sucks in that situation. Especially if all you need it that bolt out and now you have to disassemble and entire assembly around it so that you can get access to it.

Advancement is a myth for wage slaves, I've probably got ten years left at work and have no interest in anything resembling management. I have some interest in developing training packages for work but the reality is most of my energies are directed toward increasing revenue from my own business interests.
Meh, it's worked for me ok so far.

Phillips screws are 100x better than flat head screws, imho.

If torx was more standard that'd be great, but it's not, so it isn't so common to have a set of torx wrenches or drivers.

Socket head (the ones you use "allen" wrenches on) are a good alternative, but those strip out, too.

Square sucks if you're in a tight spot where you can't rotate the wrench a full 90 degrees at a time. Well, it more than sucks in that situation. Especially if all you need it that bolt out and now you have to disassemble and entire assembly around it so that you can get access to it.

It sounds like you just don't know how to use your tools.

Shame, shame.

It sounds like you just don't know how to use your tools.

Shame, shame.
hahaha

So you know how to turn a square screw when you have 30 degree range of motion with only room for one arm extended as far as it will go in a small gap on a piece of machinery?

You'll have to show me that trick. I've been working as a mechanic/technician/mechanical technician (or whatever else you want to call it) on high tech automated equipment since 2000. Not me or any of the people I've ever worked with would be able to do that.

If you think you're going to use a square bit in a ratchet wrench, sorry, you lose, the space is too small as you're gonna typically need more than 2.5" from the fastener to the bulkhead blocking you to get that wrench in there. If you had more space you could use the ratchet and rotate the bit 1/72 rotation at a time until you got it in. But in my scenario, one I deal with often enough to worry about it, you don't have that luxury. It can be hard enough with a hex head or a hex socket. Square? **** that! I have 3 more calls to get to before I can take my first break. I don't want to mess around with that BS.

hahaha

So you know how to turn a square screw when you have 30 degree range of motion with only room for one arm extended as far as it will go in a small gap on a piece of machinery?

You'll have to show me that trick. I've been working as a mechanic/technician/mechanical technician (or whatever else you want to call it) on high tech automated equipment since 2000. Not me or any of the people I've ever worked with would be able to do that.

If you think you're going to use a square bit in a ratchet wrench, sorry, you lose, the space is too small as you're gonna typically need more than 2.5" from the fastener to the bulkhead blocking you to get that wrench in there. If you had more space you could use the ratchet and rotate the bit 1/72 rotation at a time until you got it in. But in my scenario, one I deal with often enough to worry about it, you don't have that luxury. It can be hard enough with a hex head or a hex socket. Square? **** that! I have 3 more calls to get to before I can take my first break. I don't want to mess around with that BS.

It was a joke, you sensitive Sally.

hahaha

I think you just reach in there and turn it. It's not rocket surgery.

People who sneeze then refuse to do anything about it. Like they sneeze then spend the next 15 minutes sniffing snot, but they refuse to use a tissue and just blow their nose. Had a guy in a conference call that sneezed, then again, then snorted snot, then sneezed again. I pushed the tissue toward him and he said "oh I don't need to blow my nose" then immediately sneezed again and snorted more snot. I finally told him he was disrupting the call and needed to take care of it so he took a tissue and just kind of lightly wiped his nose. Took him 15 minutes to get past it. I could have easily punched the guy in the face. My mother in law is like this. She'll sneeze a dozen times in a row with a box of tissues right next to her, and if you say anything she just says "oh blowing my nose doesn't help". Yeah ********. If you sneeze it's your body trying to get rid of something. Just get a tissue and get the **** rid of it and the sneezing stops. Good hell.

I've never had a slotted get so worn that the driver just spun around in the head. I've had that happen on Phillips, torx, and Allen.
First off, if you strip screw/bolt out that's user error.

There is nothing at all more frustrating than being in some contorted position attempting to unscrew something and having the screwdriver slip off the screw, slip off the screw, slip off the screw, slip off the screw, slip off the screw, over and over and over.

If you've got any sense of feel at all you'll know well before you're about to round out a phillips head screw and then it's on you to STOP, back up and decide what to do next. Do you just go ahead and round it out? No. You can use a different size phillips, you can push MUCH harder into the screw as you turn. Or, you can use a drill and a bit of the right size and just drill that ****er out.

I think flat head screws should be illegal.

Pirate Goofy.

Holy **** balls, my son is addicted to that episode of the MMCH.

My 2 year old daughter absolutely loves a show called Goldie and Bear. It’s a Disney show on Netflix, but they only did two seasons. She watches that **** non stop. I don’t even sit in the same room as her when it’s on, but I can probably recite word for word a few of the episodes.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I just got some new next door neighbors. Instead of parking in front their own house, in their driveway, or heaven forbid in their garage (where cars are supposed to go) they are parking in front of my house.
I hate people parking in front of my house. Like hate, hate it. Since I technically can’t do anything to prevent it, I started leaving my garbage can out at the curb all week (another pet peeve of mine, but the lesser of two evils). Doesn’t phase them. I moved it down to a point where they wouldn’t be able to get their car in the space. They moved it back.
I’m going to throat punch someone.

I just got some new next door neighbors. Instead of parking in front their own house, in their driveway, or heaven forbid in their garage (where cars are supposed to go) they are parking in front of my house.
I hate people parking in front of my house. Like hate, hate it. Since I technically can’t do anything to prevent it, I started leaving my garbage can out at the curb all week (another pet peeve of mine, but the lesser of two evils). Doesn’t phase them. I moved it down to a point where they wouldn’t be able to get their car in the space. They moved it back.
I’m going to throat punch someone.

Thats some bull **** bro. Sorry man

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app