What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

So my dad went to his podiatrist on Thursday either dad said he wasn't feeling well or the podiatrist noticed, took his vitals and called an ambulance.

Dad got admitted to my old work yesterday, he went for dialysis this morning and had a heart attack. He had no pulse for 5 minutes before they could get his heart started again. If he had have been at home he would have died.

On the positive side it looks like he hasn't suffered a cognitive deficit or according to the test they've run any substantial damage to the heart muscle itself. On the flip side they're still not sure exactly why it happened.

**** day but could have been so much worse

So my dad went to his podiatrist on Thursday either dad said he wasn't feeling well or the podiatrist noticed, took his vitals and called an ambulance.

Dad got admitted to my old work yesterday, he went for dialysis this morning and had a heart attack. He had no pulse for 5 minutes before they could get his heart started again. If he had have been at home he would have died.

On the positive side it looks like he hasn't suffered a cognitive deficit or according to the test they've run any substantial damage to the heart muscle itself. On the flip side they're still not sure exactly why it happened.

Sorry to hear that bro. I hope he's ok. I'll send all the thoughts and prayers. And I'll even send the good prayers and not those satanic prayers I've been into lately. Seriously, hope you guys are doing all right.

Sorry to hear that bro. I hope he's ok. I'll send all the thoughts and prayers. And I'll even send the good prayers and not those satanic prayers I've been into lately. Seriously, hope you guys are doing all right.

Thanks mate, not made easier that ive started a new job so I just cant take time off whenever i want like I used to in the old job. Still there's not much I can do anyway, no point sitting in the waiting room at ICU. Hopefully they can work out why its happened I've already said to mum that we should buy a defibrillator for home and keep some adrenaline in the fridge. Anyway Im off to ICU then work. Thanks guys talk later.

Hotels that call me when I have the do not disturb sign on to ask if I want cleaning. Sometimes "nicer" hotels can't stop sending people to ask me something. I want to check in and be left alone unless I ask for something. Especially when I can't speak the language.

Hotels that call me when I have the do not disturb sign on to ask if I want cleaning. Sometimes "nicer" hotels can't stop sending people to ask me something. I want to check in and be left alone unless I ask for something. Especially when I can't speak the language.
I had one in a hotel in Germany. I was pretty sick so I was stuck in the hotel room and I had put out the do not disturb sign and called the front desk and told them I was not to be disturbed. I am in my underwear running into the bathroom to vomit when the front door to the room which I was passing at that exact moment, opened right up and in walked a guy with cleaning supplies. I yelled at him and he backed out really quickly saying something like "they told us to clean anyway, sorry sorry". Like they just either completely ignore it or the guy was taking advantage to snoop around and try to steal stuff maybe. I reported it to the front desk immediately. Well immediately after vomiting anyway. Not sure what happened to the guy but they comped me one night and meals for the rest of my trip.

Wow, that's terrible! Glad he is relatively okay. How scary for you all. Hope his recovery goes well.

My brother in law had a heart attack last Saturday. He is 11 days younger than me. After they put in a stent, he is doing well.

I had one in a hotel in Germany. I was pretty sick so I was stuck in the hotel room and I had put out the do not disturb sign and called the front desk and told them I was not to be disturbed. I am in my underwear running into the bathroom to vomit when the front door to the room which I was passing at that exact moment, opened right up and in walked a guy with cleaning supplies. I yelled at him and he backed out really quickly saying something like "they told us to clean anyway, sorry sorry". Like they just either completely ignore it or the guy was taking advantage to snoop around and try to steal stuff maybe. I reported it to the front desk immediately. Well immediately after vomiting anyway. Not sure what happened to the guy but they comped me one night and meals for the rest of my trip.
Sounds like a serious version of a home alone 2 incident. Did you have the guy say “I love you” before he left?

Those pesky Germans

Wow, that's terrible! Glad he is relatively okay. How scary for you all. Hope his recovery goes well.

My brother in law had a heart attack last Saturday. He is 11 days younger than me. After they put in a stent, he is doing well.

The ICU consultant told me last night they still don't know what happened, which is always reassuring. Think he'll get moved from ICU to the wards tomorrow and they'll probably put him on some heart monitoring.

I hate being an adult and having household responsibilities. I’m currently without a dishwasher. Mine broke and I can’t figure out what’s wrong with it. Replaced two parts already. I have some sort of animal burrowing in my front yard. Not a mouse or a vole,, but something bigger. The kind that leaves a pile of dirt outside the entrance. Just got done replacing my water heater. I’m so close to clearing the family out, grabbing the irreplaceable valuables, and having an “accidental” gas leak.

Start rowing again, big boy. You need that sweat.

#1, without question, is how HORRIBLE the mobile version of this site is. Pop up ads on the top AND bottom of each page? Brutal. I thought my lifetime Premium membership took care of that rubbish.

Go Cougs.

#1, without question, is how HORRIBLE the mobile version of this site is. Pop up ads on the top AND bottom of each page? Brutal. I thought my lifetime Premium membership took care of that rubbish.

Go Cougs.
Stop lurking and post something sometimes bish.

geez mate, sorry to hear about this. Best wishes for the old man's recovery