What's new

Suck It Conley Haters

I've been a long-time supporter, not a defender. Sure, I can see people not liking how many pieces we gave away, the fit or the salary but I strongly disagree with posters like jom2003 who claim that Conley is a "washed up midget who can't defend, score, pass, rebound, shoot, dribble", who is also "a selfish ball hog" who makes the team worse. Those type of absolute statements are just dumb. I just hope he plays well, as I would with any Jazz player.

Last edited:
Didn’t want to trade for him but have supported him since he’s been here, never thought he should come off the bench, and we need him if we are going to go far, also never thought trading him was a good idea.

I've always been neutral. I think he can do what he did last night on a consistent basis but at the same time he's been pretty disappointing collectively. To be fair to him he has played pretty well since coming back in February and through I the bubble.

Fun fact: In the 2007 draft Horford, Conley and Jeff Green were the 3, 4 and 5 picks. The Jazz drafted Mo Almond and Fess.
Yep, we picked Fess ahead of Marc Gasol, who later triggered the deal that gave Lakers Pau Gasol and pretty much ended the championship dream for Coach Sloan. Pretty sure Grizz wouldn't do the Pau Gasol deal with the Lakers if it was Fess who's going the other way

Fess was one of those guys who was physically gifted, but couldn't never put it together mentally. Loved the guy though.

Sent from my CPH1907 using JazzFanz mobile app
Would try to like the guy if he wasn't picked ahead of Marc Gasol, which resulted in the super team Lakers that ended the Sloan/D will/Booz era. Not to mention how insanely good we would have been if we had Marc Gasol on that Jazz team. A super team Jazz instead of the super team Lakers.

Last edited:
I noticed in the transactions page a team in Spain signed Josh Sarma who played Summer League for the Jazz a couple of years ago. He didn't do much but ride pine until his last couple of games when he summoned his inner Spencer Butterfield and lit it up. The article said he was averaging about 10 ppg and 7 boards for another Euro team. I wondered why they didn't make a Stars spot for him. Stanford grad and is seven feet tall.

Man, he has looked good through 3 games. I'm so glad we get awarded that "4th or 5th best player on a 2-1 team" championship trophy banner at our next home game.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

I think people underestimate the value of a steady veteran influence. Mike has been a very good player for a very tough Memphis team for a long time. I love Rudy and Donovan but they can't provide the type of leadership he can (yet). There's no one on the Jazz with half his playoff experience and he's got a good head on him. Say what you will about what we gave up for him or his underwhelming start with the Jazz, but I think he's a Jazz type player on and off the court and I'm glad he's here.

Mike has been really good. I hope he keeps it up. This is the guy I thought we traded for. Our best offensive player has been off for two games and we went 1-1 and could have gone 2-0. That’s what Mike brings. If everyone clicks in we get more games like Portland.

Thrilled with how Mike has rebounded. It isn’t even just the numbers. He isn’t just making shots. He looks like he gets it and fits in. Last year when he had it going it was still kinda my turn your turn. He’s not forcing things and looks really comfortable.