What's new

Suck It Conley Haters

Thanks for taking time from your personal Conley parade to once again make zero contribution to the conversation.

I bet you'll be the exact same next year....

Fact:
We won at a better rate without Conley last year than we did with him. And yes, that includes maybe a softer regular season schedule, but also includes our playoff series.

Fact:
We are only 3 games into the season. Conley has played well. Kudos to him. He's playing in a very low stress role since he's playing off the ball. It's new to him and opponents. Let's not overexaggerate.
Hi Lopo. I don't think there should be a "maybe" regarding the strength of schedule. It was simply way easier so it's not comparing apples to apples. Idiot did an interesting analysis some months ago that took into account strength of schedule.

Mike has been playing well for months, including the bubble and playoffs. Even in game 7, he wasn't as dreadful as you claim. He ran the offense and provided good playmaking despite a poor shooting night. He also played some good defense on Murray when matched up, going over screens and contesting shoots.

Hi Lopo. I don't think there should be a "maybe" regarding the strength of schedule. It was simply way easier so it's not comparing apples to apples. Idiot did an interesting analysis some months ago that took into account strength of schedule.

Mike has been playing well for months, including the bubble and playoffs. Even in game 7, he wasn't as dreadful as you claim. He ran the offense and provided good playmaking despite a poor shooting night. He also played some good defense on Murray when matched up, going over screens and contesting shoots.
Lopo only uses context to hate on the players he dislikes.

The criticism Mike got last year...he deserve it. Before his injury he was missing open shots, when he came back he was still missing open shots. He did play better in the bubble though and he looks really good now. Time to move on and hope that bogie and dm play better. Thats 3 headed monster!

This is so crazy. Just a couple weeks ago, we were all thinking of ways to unload him for anything in a trade. Now, he is our best player through 5 games. Will we actually end up re-signing him?

Lopo only uses context to hate on the players he dislikes.
I never said I disliked Conley. I always said he was a terrible trade.

Regardless of how Cy wants to twist his stats and start his season on 2/1, he wasn't worth his contract last year. He definitely wasn't worth his contract PLUS losing Crowder and picks for him.

I'm glad he has had a great 5 game start to the season. He is earning his $34.5 million salary. I'm still not going to say he is worth his contract PLUS the trade assets it took to get him.

I will gladly own up to it if Conley earns it. So far, he isn't close. If you can be objective, you would see the same.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

This is so crazy. Just a couple weeks ago, we were all thinking of ways to unload him for anything in a trade. Now, he is our best player through 5 games. Will we actually end up re-signing him?
For the record, I was hoping for any way the Jazz could open up about $15 million in cap space to go after Christian Wood and Conley’s salary and poor play/fit last year made him an obvious candidate. Was actually hoping more that he’d use his player option to take a haircut this year for a longer contract in pursuit of that goal.

I would have done it then and with hindsight, saying nothing of if Wood ever would’ve come here. He is killing (and young).

But thank god we’ve got Mike F-ing Conley cuz our two top scorers have been trash.

I never said I disliked Conley. I always said he was a terrible trade.

Regardless of how Cy wants to twist his stats and start his season on 2/1, he wasn't worth his contract last year. He definitely wasn't worth his contract PLUS losing Crowder and picks for him.

I'm glad he has had a great 5 game start to the season. He is earning his $34.5 million salary. I'm still not going to say he is worth his contract PLUS the trade assets it took to get him.

I will gladly own up to it if Conley earns it. So far, he isn't close. If you can be objective, you would see the same.

lmfao.

No one thinks Mike Conley is worth his contract. It's irrelevant. NBA contracts are guaranteed. You can either have nice things and pay extra for it, or be a try-hard negotiator who only pays fair value for everything and ends up with scrubs in the end (this is doubly true when you are in Utah).

ANd yeah, everyday I cry over losing Grayson Allen, Jae Crowder, a late first rounder, and Brandon Clarke so we could have a starting caliber PG. *Sarcasm*

No one thinks Mike Conley is worth his contract. It's irrelevant. NBA contracts are guaranteed. You can either have nice things and pay extra for it, or be a try-hard negotiator who only pays fair value for everything and ends up with scrubs in the end (this is doubly true when you are in Utah).

ANd yeah, everyday I cry over losing Grayson Allen, Jae Crowder, a late first rounder, and Brandon Clarke so we could have a starting caliber PG. *Sarcasm*
But don’t we want our starting PG to ultimately be Donovan Mitchell? That’s why I was never fully behind the whole Mike Conley trade. I’m not a big fan of small starting backcourts (e.g., Dame and CJ), at least somewhat cuz of the obvious defensive deficiencies. And you saw a little bit of that against the Clippers - the torture chamber post ups and easy kick outs for open threes are killers. Height/length/size obviously still matters.

But right now Mike Conley is ballin out and is really the only guy playing really well on the offensive end. Has really saved us in games so far this year - which is obviously so weird given his start last year. Man basketball can be frustrating... **last year if we only had this brilliance of Mike Conley AND Favors + Clarkson... lol**

Last edited:
But don’t we want our starting PG to ultimately be Donovan Mitchell? That’s why I was never fully behind the whole Mike Conley trade. I’m not a big fan of small starting backcourts (e.g., Dame and CJ), at least somewhat cuz of the obvious defensive deficiencies. And you saw a little bit of that against the Clippers - the torture chamber post ups and easy kick outs for open threes are killers. Height/length/size obviously still matters.

But right now Mike Conley is ballin out and is really the only guy playing really well on the offensive end. Has really saved us in games so far this year - which is obviously so weird given his start last year. Man basketball can be frustrating... **last year if we only had this brilliance of Mike Conley AND Favors + Clarkson... lol**
I want bpa backcourt.

I don't care about cost or size. Just the best two players.

I want bpa backcourt.

I don't care about cost or size. Just the best two players.
Then you wouldn't have wanted Conley last year because he was lazy, didn't shoot well and flat out didn't play well.

But hey, two great playoff games and a good start to the season (in a contract year mind you) has Cy pushing for a statue.