What's new

Suck It Conley Haters

Actually defense is exactly why we need a different running mate for Mitchell. It's obvious Mitchell is not a defensive stopper, but he is our primary offensive player and star player, and he got the big contact, so let's face it, he will be playing, period. In that case, pairing him with an undersized and defensively meh ball-dominant guard makes zero sense, even with Conley's excellent start to this season. It was heavily exposed in the playoffs when's we made Murray look like Michael jordan because our guards couldn't hang. Big guards and wings will eat us alive in the playoffs. We absolutely need a bigger guard who can defend and create a little playing alongside Mitchell to overcome these weaknesses. I love Conley's play so far this season, but he will need to amp it up will beyond where he is even now to get us past the teams that play dynamic guards and wings in the playoffs. This becomes even more important when Gobert has to focus on a substantial opposing big. Against the spurs Gobert could feast because his opposing centers basically sucked. We won't get away with that against a team like the Lakers. And even if they had Aldridge it would have at least been a closer game. This goes far beyond Conley having a hot start making up for Mitchell struggling early on. Again it's like many of us have said, we are built to be a regular season hero, playoff zero, with the personnel we currently have. We'll have a much tougher time of it in the playoffs.

Yeah again the Conley trade never really made much sense to me for that reason - we now have an undersized backcourt with aging role players. It’s like the Jazz started the rebuild before they even knew what they had. They advanced too far in that first year with Donovan for their own good...

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

God you’re an idiot. This is a guy who had to change the way he played to fit in. In that alone he had a **** ton of obstacles to overcome, and on top of all that he dealt with injuries that kept him out a good portion of the season. He was a starter then sent to the bench and then starter again, and just as he started to get into playing shape from all the time he missed, Covid happened in spite of all this, and missing time in the bubble due to Covid restrictions and he came back, remade himself and was an impact in the bubble. He never complained, quit, or stopped being a leader and was always a good teammate, and yet you need him to prove even more, just eff off!!!
I'm an idiot sometimes but my statement is correct. Despite all the excuses, he was still our 5th best player last year when we all expected more. He was a disappointment.

Don't let it hurt your feelings so much. Its over. Let's all move on. Seems like he has.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Because I like Conley but think he's a bad fit? Dude, you are next level loser.

Look for solutions, not internet arguments. Grow up man.
Look for solutions? Bruh, we are on an internet board talking about basketball. Quin aint calling me up for solutions. (Though my DM's are open DL if you want some draft advice, you really need it)

I'm here to argue, voice my opinion, and clown on posters with trash opinions who are willing to engage with me.

Because I like Conley but think he's a bad fit? Dude, you are next level loser.

Look for solutions, not internet arguments. Grow up man.
What games have you been watching? You claim to like Conley, in fact you say it here all the time, almost as if you are covering yourself, but you have no problem mentioning his faults or coming up with some bs that he’s lazy, or he doesn’t fit in, well he sure as hell seems to be fitting in just fine. Not once have you just complimented him, or recognized how he’s sacrificed to fit in. All of your compliments of him here are backhanded ones on here, like I’m glad he’s playing well but I need to see more before you can trust him. It’s all bs, I feel like you’d be happier if he’d start playing like ****.

What games have you been watching? You claim to like Conley, in fact you say it here all the time, almost as if you are covering yourself, but you have no problem mentioning his faults or coming up with some bs that he’s lazy, or he doesn’t fit in, well he sure as hell seems to be fitting in just fine. Not once have you just complimented him, or recognized how he’s sacrificed to fit in. All of your compliments of him here are backhanded ones on here, like I’m glad he’s playing well but I need to see more before you can trust him. It’s all bs, I feel like you’d be happier if he’d start playing like ****.
I have said numerous times that I'm happy with how well he's playing this year. He seems to have better focus, understanding of the system and his role. I'm impressed with how he has played considering how poorly I thought he performed on the whole of last year.

With the level of play he has provided throughout his career, I expect him to continue to play at this year's level and not last year's. And I'm willing to bet he would say the exact same thing.

I don't think Conley addresses our main need areas which is why I think he's a poor fit for what we paid to get him. That doesn't mean I dislike the guy. Also doesn't mean I don't appreciate his great play this year.

I have said numerous times that I'm happy with how well he's playing this year. He seems to have better focus, understanding of the system and his role. I'm impressed with how he has played considering how poorly I thought he performed on the whole of last year.
More of those backhanded compliments.

If Conley maintains his current level and DM/Bojan pick up their play we will be so good on offense the defensive deficiencies will somewhat disappear. We can inject a little Shaq and be about as good as reasonably can be expected. If we had a great two-way wing that could guard 1-4 that'd be amazing... that's a pipe dream. Like if we added PG (or maybe a version of him without the weird stuff).

Conley, Bojan and Joe are all basically 25min (+-10) a game type of guy at this point. You simply can't trust them to produce every night.

Old players that fell off a cliff need to be treated as such. If they seem to be feeling it during a game, good, give them 10 more minutes. If not, sub them out immediately. They simply do not deserve the superstar kinda treatment that Lebron or Kawhi get for staying on the floor when playing like absolute crap.

How dare people rip players for sucking when they suck or praise them when they don't.

If you don't understand this, your brain is really that small.

Yeah, suck it, moron.
Difference between current Mitchell slander and last season Conley is quite obvious.

Almost everyone believes Mitchell will be back. Last season, everyone wanted Conley's head and didn't think he would play as he did every other season.

Gotta love how non nba players expect nba players to transition to a new team and system after 11 years quickly, efficiently, and perfectly.

If Conley maintains his current level and DM/Bojan pick up their play we will be so good on offense the defensive deficiencies will somewhat disappear. We can inject a little Shaq and be about as good as reasonably can be expected. If we had a great two-way wing that could guard 1-4 that'd be amazing... that's a pipe dream. Like if we added PG (or maybe a version of him without the weird stuff).
We are on the right path. It seems that Oni will be our option when perimeter defense is needed.

Conley, Bojan and Joe are all basically 25min (+-10) a game type of guy at this point. You simply can't trust them to produce every night.

Old players that fell off a cliff need to be treated as such. If they seem to be feeling it during a game, good, give them 10 more minutes. If not, sub them out immediately. They simply do not deserve the superstar kinda treatment that Lebron or Kawhi get for staying on the floor when playing like absolute crap.
Do you still believe Conley is a washed up midget who can't rebound, defend, pass, dribble, shoot? A ball hog who makes the team worse? A pg who can't be efficient playing off the ball (because he CaN't ShOoT)?

Fell off a cliff? Can't trust him to produce every night? Can't play more than 25min?. Conley is having a tremendous season on 30mpg. He is producing every night, effortless and efficiently. You can compare Conley's current season to prime Conley (see below), oh but with better shooting splits (actually, his best shooting season ever: 0.571 eFG):

2013-2014: 17.2 ppg, 2.9rpb, 6apg on 45%/36% splits
2020-2021: 17.1 ppg, 4.3rpb, 5.8apg on 45%/43%

And besides the numbers, he is playing smart and defending well. Let me know when you finish eating crow.