What's new

Summer League Notes And Discussion

Stoked

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
Andy Larsen twitter: "Just spoke to Tyrone Wallace. I'm told he has impressed the Jazz with his improvement since being drafted. Showing well in practice now."

Tony Jones: Alex Jensen will coach the Utah Jazz in summer league next week, sources tell the Salt Lake Tribune. Zach Guthrie will coach in Las Vegas 3 days ago

Andy Larsen: Just talked to him! It sounds like he's playing relatively well, matching up against Bolomboy. Both said they want to lead team in rebs.

Will update as SL things come up.

Andy Larsen twitter: "Just spoke to Tyrone Wallace. I'm told he has impressed the Jazz with his improvement since being drafted. Showing well in practice now."

Tony Jones: Alex Jensen will coach the Utah Jazz in summer league next week, sources tell the Salt Lake Tribune. Zach Guthrie will coach in Las Vegas 3 days ago

Andy Larsen: Just talked to him! It sounds like he's playing relatively well, matching up against Bolomboy. Both said they want to lead team in rebs.

Will update as SL things come up.

Who is Andy Larsen talking about in these statements? I see the word "him" and "he" but have no idea who that is without a name.

Marcus Paige is playing on the OKC summer league team. Not sure if that means Williams-Goss has replaced him in the Jazz's heirarchy or not.

Who is Andy Larsen talking about in these statements? I see the word "him" and "he" but have no idea who that is without a name.

Here is the tweet he was responding to

@andyblarsen Haven't heard much about the T Bradley since he arrived. D Mitchell getting all the love. How is he adjusting?

Makes more sense. I thought Tyrone Wallace was saying he wanted to lead the team in rebounds, which wouldn't happen.

Bolomboy and Bradley leading in rebounding ain't happening either unless they start
They will probably start. This is a summer league discussion. Who would start ahead of them?

They will probably start. This is a summer league discussion. Who would start ahead of them?

Depends on how they view Bolomboy. They might start him at center and put a PF next to him like Griffin or Holmes. If they view him as a potential PF, maybe they start him with Bradley.

Andy Larsen article. Has info on Mitchell and Exum from SL practice.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=44862558&nid=294
That article makes it sound line exum still sucks for the most part. It did say he hit 20-24 threes but also missed 8 mid range shots in a row and is struggling with ball handling. Plus usually I think we hear more about the positives stuff than the negative.

Sounds like Donovan is killing it though.

Depends on how they view Bolomboy. They might start him at center and put a PF next to him like Griffin or Holmes. If they view him as a potential PF, maybe they start him with Bradley.
Either way at least one of them should start right? I think they each will play a lot though and each be near the tops on the team in rebounds per game. Thee was saying that they have no chance to lead the team in rebounds. I think that is way off.
I'm pretty sure he was somehow confused that this thread is about summer league.

Mitchell is really a 2-guard. His catch-and-shoot game is so strong that it's better to play him off the ball. Exum is more of a combo than Mitchell at the moment. It sounds like Dennis is still very high on Exum, but people generally think their roles are different.

If Mitchell is really strong in summer league and pre-season, the Jazz might end up moving Hood rather than giving him a big extension.