What's new

Summer League Notes And Discussion

Fultz may not be explosive, but he looks to be a tremendous mover. Efficient, precise and versatile as he makes moves. Good looking handle, and that friggin scorers mentality.

If Simmons is as advertised, that Philly team could push for home court next season.

I mean, Reddick is quite simply the perfect get for that core.

Saric and TJ off the bench are pretty solid too.

True. But X is literally the worst guy to compare anyone too.
Given his basketball playing time, he is almost 22 going on 20.

All I can say is that Mitchell has some amazing athleticism. I could foresee him becoming a starter before the season's over. Bobby Hansen said during half-time that he will soon make us forget Hayward and I would have to agree. I haven't ever seen a Jazz rookie this good -- been following the team since 1995.

All I can say is that Mitchell has some amazing athleticism. I could foresee him becoming a starter before the season's over. Bobby Hansen said during half-time that he will soon make us forget Hayward and I would have to agree. I haven't ever seen a Jazz rookie this good -- been following the team since 1995.

My only question is despite his gigormous wingspan, he may not be able to see over the defense - especially if he is more a SG. Might struggle with his shot when he has similarly long wings in his face.

My guy Exum should probably call it a summer league and go back to working on whatever he's been doing with Baron Davis. It's working.

He is also playing against a bunch of scrubs and some talented rookies who dont know how to play defense yet.

Cautiously optimistic. Glad his shot looks better and more fluid though.

True.
It's just reassuring to know that he can elevate himself above the scrubs and rooks.

I was not a fan of Bolden in the draft process, but he looks a lot bigger than I thought. Dude could be a center. That was an impressive block on NWG.

I grew up watching his old man play, they used to live about 5 minutes from my house, Bruce used to own a sports collectable store at the local shopping centre, would organise 3 on 3 tournaments, nice family.