What's new

Summer League

There's a lot to like about his game. He's a good ball-handler and passer for his size, seems to be a solid defender as well. His glaring weakness is shooting.

He seems similar to Rubio. There are going to be spots and situations where he can score, and others where he can't. He's okay going to the rim. He's okay from the elbows. He's going to need to hit some 3s though.

Positives for Bruno. He was stuck behind quality wings in Toronto. Playing behind Khawid Leonard, and other wings. Normally age is a big red flag but he could follow the Ingles path. Also, he was not without accolades. He won the Brazilian MVP and played well against Giannis. And lastly, aside from Vanderbilt, we have no wings. Nor do we have depth in the frontcourt. The Jazz are a desperate team, we should sign anyone who shows promise, skill, and has good metrics. We can't be picky. Sign Bruno to Vet minimum contract and see if he can perform.

Last edited:
Ho hum...my Knicks just beat the Holy Hell out of, get this, the NBA Champions Golden State Warriors!

Be afraid, be very afraid, the Knicks (and OKC) are the best team on the floor. We just beat the champs! You know the team with Kuminga. We beat them! Knicks are the top team.
Hey you're back! That's great, I haven't yawned in a while.

James Palmer is shooting 37% from 3pt in three Summer League games (7/19).

Xavier Sneed is shooting 38% from 3pt (5/13).

There's a lot to like about his game. He's a good ball-handler and passer for his size, seems to be a solid defender as well. His glaring weakness is shooting.
His shoot looked okay today… I think he will shoot enough. The rest of his game looks solid too… not crazy high on him but should be a rotation level wing.

So how big is Bruno
He's listed at 6' 9" 218 lbs
But some have said he's much taller and bigger
Maybe he's grown like Giannis last few years
If so he could maybe play center
He has a 7 foot frame and rats along his back.

Report from summer league… Bruno looks great. JB had a decent game… slipped on the floor like 12 times.

Watched OKC. Chet is decent but not the guy from Utah summer league today. Giddey is pretty nice… sat behind him yesterday and holy hell that hair is nice.. I wanted to take a sniff or tuck it behind his ear… all in a completely heterosexual way.

Jaylin Williams… the SF is going to be damn good… like really damn good. They were running everything with Chet and Giddey kinda force feeding stuff and he kept making perfectly timed cuts with amazing finishes. He also has a confidence about him and control that is weird.

Met Isiah Thomas yesterday… didn’t think he’d acknowledge us… he talked with my son and had a funny back and forth… signed his ball and asked if he’d sell it… he said no… Thomas said I think you should and laughed. So now Stockton is an anti vaxxed and Thomas might be a good dude and everything about my childhood seems upside down.

Obi Toppin had a man purse.

Tyler Herro is kinda like the coolest white guy… if he lands in Utah it will be out of control. Wore a super hot pink shirt and dark shades while inside.

Met Vanderbilt he seems cool.

Was talking with some Hawks people… the guy said that Okongwu was the real deal and will be better than Hunter… I didn’t ask he just volunteered it when I pointed to the boys that Hunter was right there.

Everyone seems to like talking with Ainge when he walked in… Dell Demps is everywhere and everyone always stops him… might want to have him back.

I saw Chuck Person and he’s like 400 lbs.

Chris Haynes retreated at one point behind the stands to take a call… a source was clearly pissed about something he said… couldn’t quite hear the whole convo.

Ohhhhh and yesterday my nephew accidentally dropped his ball on Draymond ‘s head.

Are we on the Kenny Lofton jr hype train yet, or is it just a summer league thing?

I watched a bit of him into the draft, my question was can he play NBA level defence? He is not going to be a rim proctor but his footwork is solid and he has good hands, that may just be enough for him to stick. I think could turn out to be a decent rotation player in the league.

Watched OKC. Chet is decent but not the guy from Utah summer league today. Giddey is pretty nice… sat behind him yesterday and holy hell that hair is nice.. I wanted to take a sniff or tuck it behind his ear… all in a completely heterosexual way.

Dude? What? As always Blackadder has the answer...

UM9nz5r.jpeg