What's new

Summer League

Trade or cut Dok. Keep Kofi, Kessler, and Bruno. I would trade Bojan and Conley for draft capital. Try something new even if we suck.

Personally, I think Bruno pairs well with Vando. And if Aaron Baynes comes out of retirement then try to sign him.

My dream lineup.

Baynes
Bruno
Vando
Beasley
Mitchell
A great risk with our all-B lineup is that Cy's Bitchell nickname will stick.

I get that summer league is exciting when not much else basketball related is happening and I’m as susceptible as anyone to having great hopes for any player that has a half decent game, but Bruno should only get near any sort of role with the Jazz if we’re 100% tanking. He’s been in the league since 2014 and hasn’t done anything anywhere outside 30 or so games with Memphis some years ago. He wasn’t in the league last year. There’s a reason for that. Exum’s career is more impressive. And his summer league certainly was.

I get that summer league is exciting when not much else basketball related is happening and I’m as susceptible as anyone to having great hopes for any player that has a half decent game, but Bruno should only get near any sort of role with the Jazz if we’re 100% tanking. He’s been in the league since 2014 and hasn’t done anything anywhere outside 30 or so games with Memphis some years ago. He wasn’t in the league last year. There’s a reason for that. Exum’s career is more impressive. And his summer league certainly was.
Remember when everyone was over the moon with Eric Griffin based on summer league? Even Brantley had a nice line for the Clips yesterday.

Trade or cut Dok. Keep Kofi, Kessler, and Bruno. I would trade Bojan and Conley for draft capital. Try something new even if we suck.

Personally, I think Bruno pairs well with Vando. And if Aaron Baynes comes out of retirement then try to sign him.

My dream lineup.

Baynes
Bruno
Vando
Beasley
Mitchell
Vando? That's what we're going with? Can we at least get a vote on this? How about some other nickname suggestions for him.

Van the Man? Nah, that's too trite.
Vanity Fear? (notice the spelling of "fear")
The MaxiVan? (as opposed to the Minivan)
Spider-Van? (Donnie may have a problem with this one)
The Van of Steel
Action Van
Vanguard
Jarred Van Go

Any other ideas? Let's get him the kind of nickname deserving of a future star.

Vando? That's what we're going with? Can we at least get a vote on this? How about some other nickname suggestions for him.

Van the Man? Nah, that's too trite.
Vanity Fear? (notice the spelling of "fear")
The MaxiVan? (as opposed to the Minivan)
Spider-Van? (Donnie may have a problem with this one)
The Van of Steel
Action Van
Vanguard
Jarred Van Go

Any other ideas? Let's get him the kind of nickname deserving of a future star.
Twolves fans are calling him Vando. Sounds like a power Rangers villain name. Hurry come up with something different!

Ho hum.....the Knicks won again.

And we won by 30. We beat the Bulls...you know Jordan, Pippen, Phil and all that. We beat them by 30!
Knicks are strong. Very strong. Jericho Sims is definitely the league MVP right now.

This team is one for the ages:

1657498744692.png

And we won by 30. We beat the Bulls...you know Jordan, Pippen, Phil and all that. We beat them by 30!
Knicks are strong. Very strong. Jericho Sims is definitely the league MVP right now.

View attachment 12586

Woof! I hope the Jazz don't end up with any of those players when the Knicks give us all of their picks. Actually, Keels has some back-up potential maybe.

Woof! I hope the Jazz don't end up with any of those players when the Knicks give us all of their picks. Actually, Keels has some back-up potential maybe.

Keels has shown not much thus far. But no joke, that Jericho Sims is really impressing all. He's young and his ceiling is very high. He's so good, he's already getting the rep as being...

1657500541267.png

Jericho Sims is also interestingly odd. He just runs the court expressionless. After a highlight dunk, no reaction. Just getting back on defense. The word is he is very quiet even amongst his teammates. Word is he is terribly shy.

Trade for Mac McClung. Idk if he's on a contract with GS, but that kid is killin it in summer league! He'd represent Utah excellently lol.

Keels has shown not much thus far. But no joke, that Jericho Sims is really impressing all. He's young and his ceiling is very high. He's so good, he's already getting the rep as being...

View attachment 12588

Jericho Sims is also interestingly odd. He just runs the court expressionless. After a highlight dunk, no reaction. Just getting back on defense. The word is he is very quiet even amongst his teammates. Word is he is terribly shy.
The walls of Jericho.

View attachment 12588

View: https://twitter.com/SBondyNYDN/status/1546294495712489472

Twolves fans are calling him Vando. Sounds like a power Rangers villain name. Hurry come up with something different!
it's not twolves fans. that's just his nickname - period. hell, it's is instagram handle, so even he calls himself that.

Last edited:

View attachment 12586
They actually are really good and entertaining but I saw Thibs at the game trying to sub in Elfrid Payton and Taj Gibson… he wasn’t even coaching just watching and neither guy is on the roster…. Sadly this dynamic Knicks team will never see the big stage.

Kenny Lofton Jr was a player I wanted the Jazz to get during the draft. He did really well in all the draft combines but the one thing that hurt him was his height and weight which got him undrafted. I'm sure after the 1st round, he might've told his agent or his agent told nba teams not to draft him so that he could decide what team to go on his own, which is a smart decision nowadays.

I totally forgot the best moment from summer league. My nephew was trying to get a signature from Draymond was reaching out and this other kid hit his ball and it ended up hitting Draymond in the head. I told him I ain’t even mad.

Kenny Lofton Jr was a player I wanted the Jazz to get during the draft. He did really well in all the draft combines but the one thing that hurt him was his height and weight which got him undrafted. I'm sure after the 1st round, he might've told his agent or his agent told nba teams not to draft him so that he could decide what team to go on his own, which is a smart decision nowadays.
Don't worry. a PF coming out of Louisiana Tech is always destined to play for us at some point of his career as long as he's talented enough for the NBA

Only in the summer league can a team shoot 31% for 2pt and 29% for 3pt. Jared Butler with a horrible shooting night but passed the ball well. He has shoot better if he wants to make it in the NBA.