What's new

Suns @ Jazz, 10/28, TNT, 8:30PM

CJ has officially won my vote for whipping boy. The kid is a headcase and I have pretty much lost my patience with the kid. 5 years is too long to wait for a guy to show up consistently.

Wait 2 more years. He is our Ray Allen

This is getting embarrassing. We all know it takes time to adjust to the new system or new group of guys, but we're not blind. I will not buy the "wait and see" s***.
- Deron failed to lead his team. His defense was beyond terrible. He has the talent but he looked totally lost at times.
- AK was just having fun. Brick 15-20 footers and shoot a couple of threes as if he were a good shooter. I did start to think that he is playing for another heavy contract. Well, I hope it's not the case.
- Big Al indeed is a black hole. He does not read the defense and react to it. He just try to execute what he knows, regardless of defensive schemes. He knows by rote. That's the last thing we need in this offense. He has a long way to be as good, efficient as Carlos in this system. It's easier said than done. However, his defense and rotations were not good enough for me to say that he is an upgrade over Okur. He should be thankful to Paul for making him look decent. He made Channing Frye look like Speedy Gonzales.
- CJ Miles screwed up a late run in the third quarter alone by doing what he has been criticised for: Chucker Miles at work. No defense at all. Suns reserves dominated ours. He looked like all he cared for was bricking a couple of Js and getting his stats.
- Millsap and Hayward were the only ones that showed effort, and deserved to wear that jerseys. Fes was also decent. He, actually played a lot better than Big Al.
- Players do not need to waste 5-10 games to learn how to play defense together. It's Ok to have offensive execution struggles but the terrible defensive performance of the team is inexcusable.

It sucks to see my team lose especially in a day that I had to wake up at 5:30 AM to watch.

CryingIndian.jpg

You are a wise man.

This is getting embarrassing. We all know it takes time to adjust to the new system or new group of guys, but we're not blind. I will not buy the "wait and see" s***.
- Deron failed to lead his team. His defense was beyond terrible. He has the talent but he looked totally lost at times.
- AK was just having fun. Brick 15-20 footers and shoot a couple of threes as if he were a good shooter. I did start to think that he is playing for another heavy contract. Well, I hope it's not the case.
- Big Al indeed is a black hole. He does not read the defense and react to it. He just try to execute what he knows, regardless of defensive schemes. He knows by rote. That's the last thing we need in this offense. He has a long way to be as good, efficient as Carlos in this system. It's easier said than done. However, his defense and rotations were not good enough for me to say that he is an upgrade over Okur. He should be thankful to Paul for making him look decent. He made Channing Frye look like Speedy Gonzales.
- CJ Miles screwed up a late run in the third quarter alone by doing what he has been criticised for: Chucker Miles at work. No defense at all. Suns reserves dominated ours. He looked like all he cared for was bricking a couple of Js and getting his stats.
- Millsap and Hayward were the only ones that showed effort, and deserved to wear that jerseys. Fes was also decent. He, actually played a lot better than Big Al.
- Players do not need to waste 5-10 games to learn how to play defense together. It's Ok to have offensive execution struggles but the terrible defensive performance of the team is inexcusable.

It sucks to see my team lose especially in a day that I had to wake up at 5:30 AM to watch.

Awesome post.

So have the Jazz have not lead at any point so far this season? Cause that's a bummer.

Another terribly slow start, we were trailing 2-11 before we knew it. I believe we started 0-9 at denver.

I don't know what it is, lack of preparation or what, this team is just not ready to play

Raja and Deron both 3-12. Good gawd; we ain't gonna win many games like that.
CJ and AK are salary dumps at the deadline.

Well...

Last time the team made so many changes, it took them 2 years to go from winning 32 games to 51. For what that's worth.

I didn't watch the game and I said I'll be patient, so I will be. If I have to blame anything it's Deron getting baptized.

People need to calm down...

We'll get it going. Al actually began to show life in the 2nd half...

However, this lineup needs to change. Unfortunately, AK47 clogs the lane too much with Millsap and AL. With our starting lineup, only two of our players have range outside of 10-15 feet. And even then, Deron hasn't shot very well at all. We need to put CJ back into the starting lineup and hope he gets out of his funk to stretch out the defense.

Put AK back into the 2nd unit will hopefully give them more of a punch.

Wait a sec I see 2 game thread implying there have been 2 games played but I have yet to see the Utah Jazz play a game.
After the World Series I turned it to TNT and saw what I thought was the Globe Trotters playing the Washington Generals but I turned it cause I thought the Generals mailed it in and made it too obvious that they're supposed to get blown out.

What jumps off the screen is the Jazz have a lot of wing players who can't shoot or create their own shot. Jazz are not going to win games if they can't make shots. I thought the effort was somewhat better but still the Jazz got out worked. I saw improvement with AJ but the Jazz have no chance if DW Bell, AK and CJ play as bad as they did tonight.

Exactly. I really think the potential is there to have a good run, but things aren't clicking yet.