What's new

Supreme Court Justice Kennedy to Retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s looking more and more like K has helped his buddy craft this smear campaign. If K was involved in any way he needs to be immediately disqualified from serving on the SC and charged with libel.

The more and more I read about K the angrier I get. Sound like he bragged nonstop about being a “100 kegger” guy and having 3-somes.

His lack of character fits perfectly with Trump’s deplorable GOP.

Someone plz answer, if you’re guilty of fabricating this whole accusation of rape, why would you demand that it be investigated by the FBI? If you’re innocent, why wouldn’t you want this to be investigated to clear your name and bring to justice the person who falsely accused you?

Can anyone answer me this?

It’s looking more and more like K has helped his buddy craft this smear campaign. If K was involved in any way he needs to be immediately disqualified from serving on the SC and charged with libel.

The more and more I read about K the angrier I get. Sound like he bragged nonstop about being a “100 kegger” guy and having 3-somes.

His lack of character fits perfectly with Trump’s deplorable GOP.

I was just about to post this. This is Orrin Hatch's Deputy Chief of Staff and Communications Director:

This is starting to get very out of control.

"Ford dismissed Whelan’s theory in a statement late Thursday: “I knew them both, and socialized with” the other classmate, Ford said, adding that she had once visited him in the hospital. “There is zero chance that I would confuse them.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...132ee8-bcf5-11e8-8792-78719177250f_story.html

The man they tried pinning this on apparently signed an alumni letter in support of Kavenaugh lol. This is just insane to me, what a giant **** show.

Oh. I meant to include this quote from that washpo piece.

Whelan has been involved in helping to advise Kavanaugh’s confirmation effort and is close friends with both Kavanaugh and Leonard Leo, the head of the Federalist Society who has been helping to spearhead the nomination. Kavanaugh and Whelan also worked together in the Bush administration.

Kavanaugh and his allies have been privately discussing a defense that would not question whether an incident involving Ford happened, but instead would raise doubts that the attacker was Kavanaugh, according to a person familiar with the discussions

Kavenaugh will need to be questioned about this.

Last edited:
Quick question for someone who knows, can't Trump turn around and appoint someone else if this gets too hot & heated?

Quick question for someone who knows, can't Trump turn around and appoint someone else if this gets too hot & heated?

Yes.

And any other president would’ve already.

But trump lives by the mantra of “never apologizing.” Turning back now would be admitting defeat. In his mind, it would be giving democrats a boost right before the midterms. And I think republicans are too invested now to backtrack too.

They’re going to ride this horse all the way.

Once confirmed, repubs will hope to endure the midterms and then move onto the next stupid thing trump does. They’ll probably lose the house, hold the senate, have K on the SC for the next generation, and maintain the ability to ramrod judges through until at least 2020.

This should anger all decent Americans, especially women, against the repubs. Their treatment of Dr Ford has been deplorable. (Yet, predictable under trump and Mitch McConnell).

Vote these bastards out. Every single one.

Find me a single anti-choice congressperson who also supports comprehensive sex education and accessibility (even if it’s taxpayer funded) contraception. :D

I understand that you might not be as rigid as others. But when the GOP’s entire platform, every congressperson, and every republican of importance emphasizes taking away choice without emphasizing education and contraception, it’s pretty obvious then what the root of the issue is about.
And find me a single anti life congressperson who supports limiting abortion in any way. It's pretty clear they just want to kill more babies.

Someone plz answer, if you’re guilty of fabricating this whole accusation of rape, why would you demand that it be investigated by the FBI? If you’re innocent, why wouldn’t you want this to be investigated to clear your name and bring to justice the person who falsely accused you?

Can anyone answer me this?
First of all let me be clear that I think it's likely Ford is telling the truth. I'm not sure what percentage I think it is, but maybe 90%? But that being said, I do think there's a chance that she is mistaken, and I do think there's a chance that she is lying. Mistaken, because people's memories are not always reliable, even about something this traumatic. Lying, because some people feel so strongly about the abortion and maybe some of his other positions that they would do radical things to sabotage his nomination. Either one could explain her calling for an FBI investigation. In the mistaken case, because she really believes what she's saying. In the lying case, because she's just trying to stall for time. Or thinks that calling for an investigation will help sow doubt on Kavenaugh with little risk of permanent negative ramifications on herself, at least when compared to the greater good (in her mind, in this scenario) that she is serving.

And find me a single anti life congressperson who supports limiting abortion in any way. It's pretty clear they just want to kill more babies.
Dont most anti life people support there being a point at which you can no longer do an abortion? Like i dont think the anti life congresspeople support abortions a week before the due date. that would be a limit imo.

First of all let me be clear that I think it's likely Ford is telling the truth. I'm not sure what percentage I think it is, but maybe 90%? But that being said, I do think there's a chance that she is mistaken, and I do think there's a chance that she is lying. Mistaken, because people's memories are not always reliable, even about something this traumatic. Lying, because some people feel so strongly about the abortion and maybe some of his other positions that they would do radical things to sabotage his nomination. Either one could explain her calling for an FBI investigation. In the mistaken case, because she really believes what she's saying. In the lying case, because she's just trying to stall for time. Or thinks that calling for an investigation will help sow doubt on Kavenaugh with little risk of permanent negative ramifications on herself, at least when compared to the greater good (in her mind, in this scenario) that she is serving.
Good post. I feel the same way

Dont most anti life people support there being a point at which you can no longer do an abortion? Like i dont think the anti life congresspeople support abortions a week before the due date. that would be a limit imo.
I think this becomes such a polarized issue where people entrench themselves so hard into the particular means to the ends, that they forget completely about the ends and care only about the means. This played out in one of the presidential debates, where they brought up what was essentially a false scenario of a full-term abortion. Clinton referenced “the life of the mother” and having talked to these women, or something like that. Anyway, she was basing this on a hypothetical and supported abortion, even though realistically there’s no scenario where a full-term abortion is safer than a C-section. But it wasn’t really about that. It was about being in support of abortion for the sake of abortion that pushes one into irrational positions without having any idea what they’re talking about and simply taking that position because they think it’s “on their side.” People on the left rightfully complain when those on the right, particularly the religious right, becomes so blinded by a small application of their belief that they miss the bigger picture. So whether or not congresspersons support late-term abortion is likely more a function of whether or not they feel opposing late-term abortion is a slippery slope for opposing abortion, or if they frame it as an attack on women’s rights, which in that case all bets are off regarding what position they may take.

I feel like anyone coming forward in politics believing in abortions up to or past the 38 week mark would bring a national spotlight on them self. I don't recall anyone supporting. The following was as close as google gets me on the first page. It doesn't really answer the question, but there is data to show where we are as a nation right now with fetal age and abortions.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/boycott36-clinton-sanders-late-term-abortion/

Abortion is one of those hard difficult issues that will never be fully agreed on.

Choice and life are both hugely important. For me personally I’m not a fan of abortion. But it should be legal, up to a point at least. I do believe that an unborn child is a life. But a woman’s right to choose is also important. The closest I can get to rreconciling those to is allow it up to 20 weeks with the obvious exceptions like life endangerment for abortions after that.

Isn’t it at 26 weeks that that a child can survive outside the womb?

Abortion is one of those hard difficult issues that will never be fully agreed on.

Choice and life are both hugely important. For me personally I’m not a fan of abortion. But it should be legal, up to a point at least. I do believe that an unborn child is a life. But a woman’s right to choose is also important. The closest I can get to rreconciling those to is allow it up to 20 weeks with the obvious exceptions like life endangerment for abortions after that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preterm_birth#Classification

24.5 weeks since last menstruation provides 50/50 odds. Give or take two weeks?

Good post. Pretty much how I see it too. (I'm probably a little more on the pro choice side than you but we are in the same ballpark)

Status
Not open for further replies.