What's new

Tank Comandoes

Wouldn't thst hurt attendance.........?
I mean, possibly a bit more than just losing, but hey, that's more time for t-shirt cannons and Bear sliding down the steps without all that pesky basketball in the way.

I mean, possibly a bit more than just losing, but hey, that's more time for t-shirt cannons and Bear sliding down the steps without all that pesky basketball in the way.
Only the old Bear would sled down the stairs. The new one is almost invisible. I did catch a T shirt out of the cannon last season, though.

If we moved Mike, JC, and maybe 1 or 2 others and it was Sexton, Lauri, Beasley, Ochai, Kessler, Vando, Simone, etc. that ended up driving us to the 6th or 7th worst record... then it is kinda okayish because those guys are more likely to be part of a competitive team and it means they turned out to be good guys to get... and you might be a couple steps ahead of the game... and then you cross your fingers and hope to get some luck.

If its Mike/KO/JC that move you from 25 to 30+ wins... what did you really accomplish?

THT might actually be the product of Ainge playing 12D quantum chess.

Still doesn't explain not getting a second round pick.

He was on ayahuasca, opening a portal to another universe, and got the Lakers on the phone to complete the deal. His human impulse drove him to ask for seconds, but before he could, a quiet, calming voice from beyond the portal whispered, “no seconds.” Danny was left with the ultimate mortal dilemma: yield to his human appetites or put his trust in the truth and light he had yet to behold. The rest was history.

I hate watching him. I think he's a totally useless project. That is my only reservation. He had one drive then tried to go up with the right hand on the left side and it looked honestly like a finish attempt from a HS player... was absolutely getting blocked with no effort at all.

He is like broccoli... you don't have to like it... but you need to eat it... its good for you long term. THT is basketball Broccoli
Thing is (in my rose-colored glasses), he was doing many of the same things in the past but actually succeeding. He has decent efficiency as a driver, if I'm not mistaken (could be wrong, and I don't have time to check now); his inefficiency is largely a result of him not having enough opportunities to drive with Lebron and Westbrook last year. I think what we've seen so far in preseason is almost entirely a function of him being out of shape.

Thing is (in my rose-colored glasses), he was doing many of the same things in the past but actually succeeding. He has decent efficiency as a driver, if I'm not mistaken (could be wrong, and I don't have time to check now); his inefficiency is largely a result of him not having enough opportunities to drive with Lebron and Westbrook last year. I think what we've seen so far in preseason is almost entirely a function of him being out of shape.
I mean he wasn't great the year before that. I think he had a good like 6 game stint as a rookie and got in the Lakers hype machine. The scouting report on him being a ****** shooter and a one handed finisher caught up with him. He's just not good. He hasn't improved as a shooter and came into an important season where he might have an opportunity and looked like he'd been hitting the crumble cookie real hard.

He gets some deflections but is slow footed as a defender. He's just so uninteresting to me. He will help the tank though.

Limit Mike, JC and KO at 20/22 min per game and we will not win much. Put the bad players like THT at crunch time. If we win too much find some mystery injuries for the 3 and we might ended with 20 win. This year is strategic, we have to reach the bottom and get a good chance to get Victor.

Trade Mike and JC to Philly for Harden and I can't get no vaccination Thybulle. Then install a Wendy's and a branch of Exotic Kitty Gentlemen's Club in the practice facility and let James eat and whore his way to a 10 win season.