What's new

Taylor Hendricks Hype Thread

I could be wrong (and please provide the receipts if I am), but I don't think there was any of us who were saying right after the DM trade, "damn, a Lauri/Gobert duo would have been so great if we had just kept Gobert."
Maybe not right after but pretty soon when we saw what we really had in Lauri. Mostly right after the trades we were mostly in shock and just trying to fathom what just happened.

Your support of Henny is admirable. Let's hope it pays off.
I haven’t been awe struck by his play so far either tbh. I like his length, and he has shown some offensive board work, otherwise pretty meh so far. I’m ok being labeled on his bus or whatever lingo is used for that though lol. We drafted off potential knowing he needs to refine skills. He needs a year or two. His value from prior posts id agree may be dropping but like all players, a few positive games and he’d shoot right back up. Needs time

I haven’t been awe struck by his play so far either tbh. I like his length, and he has shown some offensive board work, otherwise pretty meh so far. I’m ok being labeled on his bus or whatever lingo is used for that though lol. We drafted off potential knowing he needs to refine skills. He needs a year or two. His value from prior posts id agree may be dropping but like all players, a few positive games and he’d shoot right back up. Needs time

The bus needs suspension work ASAP, possibly 4-point harnesses. We're going off-roading.

On Whitmore, I just don’t feel strongly about our decision to pass on him because I know we’re working with incomplete info on our side. I know this has made people extremely butthurt before, but there are things we don’t know and the actual decision makers did not make the same decision we’re making from our couch. Some take this to mean that FO people must always be right and get upset when I say things like this….but that’s not what I’m saying. It’s just an acknowledgement that there’s something we don’t know and our thoughts may be different if we knew what they knew.

Maybe not right after but pretty soon when we saw what we really had in Lauri. Mostly right after the trades we were mostly in shock and just trying to fathom what just happened.
I think it was obvious to most that the Cleveland deal was much, much better than what New York was offering. I watched Lauri play in college and I was probably higher on Sexton than most, so I was pretty stoked.

The bus needs suspension work ASAP, possibly 4-point harnesses. We're going off-roading.
The bus has no brakes, no rear view mirrors (we don’t look backwards) and there are no safety belts. We have one speed and there will be no more stopping… you want on or off? Gonna have to jump!

1708046559065.gif

So much negative poured on the dude that its time to give some back. This is an overreaction for sure, but we all shoud want him to pan out so its nice that we got this flash.

MAN was Hendricks impressive in the 3rd quarter against Hornets. The touch he had in those tip ins including the one where he got fouled pretty hard was great and his rebounding was strong and effective. But for me the most impressive sign was him getting in front of and trying to contest a few straight line dunks. That showed that he has some guts and is willing to take hits.

The bus may not be running smoothly yet, but at least the tires are back on.

So much negative poured on the dude that its time to give some back. This is an overreaction for sure, but we all shoud want him to pan out so its nice that we got this flash.

MAN was Hendricks impressive in the 3rd quarter against Hornets. The touch he had in those tip ins including the one where he got fouled pretty hard was great and his rebounding was strong and effective. But for me the most impressive sign was him getting in front of and trying to contest a few straight line dunks. That showed that he has some guts and is willing to take hits.

Vroom vroom

Then Hardy got out his shotgun and started shooting at the tires lol

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk

Then Hardy got out his shotgun and started shooting at the tires lol

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk
The bus got going a little fast and almost pulled out a victory. Hardy understands the assignment now and threw out a few speed bumps to make sure we got a crucial L. It will all be worth it when we have Kyle Filipowski as our third big of the future.

The best thing I can say about Hendricks is that he seems to be willing to do stuff he isn't good at in efforts to try and make a play.

Bad thing about Hendricks, his shot needs to be fixed. As a guy who was sold as a shooter, he's definitely further away than even I thought he'd be.

Bad thing about Hendricks, his shot needs to be fixed. As a guy who was sold as a shooter, he's definitely further away than even I thought he'd be.
At least he isn't as far away as JHS who is shooting 24% from the field and 14% from 3. Hendricks is at 41% and 31% currently. Keyonte is at 39% and 35%. Could be just be a rookie kind of thing.

At least he isn't as far away as JHS who is shooting 24% from the field and 14% from 3. Hendricks is at 41% and 31% currently. Keyonte is at 39% and 35%. Could be just be a rookie kind of thing.
JHS is shooting 41% from 3 in the GLeague. His sample size is way too small in the NBA. His shot looks good. Hendricks shot currently does not look good.

JHS is shooting 41% from 3 in the GLeague. His sample size is way too small in the NBA. His shot looks good. Hendricks shot currently does not look good.
G league. lololololololololol. Some guys just shrink when they get to the big time.

If we were to combine NBA and G League numbers, JHS is 19/55 (34.5%) and Hendricks is 45/36 (33.1%). JHS puts up 4.97 threes per 36. Hendricks puts up 7.23 threes per 36. Hendricks skews better in NBA, JHS skews better in G League. JHS shot 33.3% in college on 4.2 attempts per 40. TH shot 39.4% in college on 5.3 attempts per 40.

Make of that what you will.

The cool thing last night was you saw the formula I've been talking about. Shoot threes and get a few hustle baskets and you can have 15 efficient point per game... and build from there. If he goes 2-5 from three he's right there. Its the Hornets... I get it, but last night he showed why I thought he could exist on a basketball court as a rookie and not kill you. He did it while still figuring out what the hell he's supposed to be doing.

I think he will oscillate between 1-5 and 3-5 from three on any given night likely falling in the 35% range. He's much more active on defense and the glass than he was early in the season. If he can do what he did last night activity wise then he is less reliant on the good shooting nights... and the nights the shot is falling it will be more like 20 points with 8-9 rebounds than 12/9.

He also avoided having the tragic offensive sequence when dribbling and passing last night.

The cool thing last night was you saw the formula I've been talking about. Shoot threes and get a few hustle baskets and you can have 15 efficient point per game... and build from there. If he goes 2-5 from three he's right there. Its the Hornets... I get it, but last night he showed why I thought he could exist on a basketball court as a rookie and not kill you. He did it while still figuring out what the hell he's supposed to be doing.

I think he will oscillate between 1-5 and 3-5 from three on any given night likely falling in the 35% range. He's much more active on defense and the glass than he was early in the season. If he can do what he did last night activity wise then he is less reliant on the good shooting nights... and the nights the shot is falling it will be more like 20 points with 8-9 rebounds than 12/9.

He also avoided having the tragic offensive sequence when dribbling and passing last night.

I've always believed the bolded....but when he didn't meet that expectation I got flamed for saying I expected him to do this. When he wasn't playing, people were acting like I was crazy for thinking this.