What's new

Tell us who got banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Franklin has been banned for seven days due to three infractions within 180 days.

Franklin has been put on ice for two weeks after receiving a fourth infraction within the last 180 days.

Franklin has been put on ice for two weeks after receiving a fourth infraction within the last 180 days.

And he also received his fifth infraction (for something he did before the two week suspension took place), so he has been permanently banned.

gasol_stopper_ante_tomic just received his third active infraction. He's out a week.

Gasol_stopper_ante_tomic just was banned for the double act of creating a new account and posting yet another post with a misleading headline. His new account was deleted as well.

Trout is out two weeks (again) for his fourth active infraction. There, are you happy Gameface? heeheepeepeecaca

A few people asked me what Dutch was suspended for. I didn't write it the violation in the above post because it defies easy description and I was feeling a little lazy.

This all stems out of a comment he made in the lockout thread referring to what a good "Jew negotiator" should do. For that he received a warning and we edited the word "Jew" out of the post. In response, Dutch sent some of the mods a series of very abusive and profanity-soaked private messages. In addition he repeatedly re-edited his post to reinsert the word "Jew." During this period of time he also repeatedly demanded an apology from the mods while simulataneously comparing us to Nazis, the KKK, and various other unsavory groups.

One moderator suggested the problem may be the result of the language barrier and that dutch didn't understand the connotations of his use of the word "Jew" in English. This explanation was floated to dutch, and he responded by calling the moderators Anti-Semitic and again reinserting the word "Jew" into the original post.

Faced with over a week's worth of steadily abusive communiques and repeated flouting of moderating decisions, the team decided to delete Dutch's posts on the subject entirely so that he could not re-edit them and assess him a double infraction and a two week suspension. That is how you turn a warning into a two week suspension. Hopefully it is sufficient cool down time.

two recent suspensions/bans

DutchJazzer - I believe his is two weeks

Chitownjazz - One week suspension

Among the infractions for both posters were infractions for inappropriate content in Reputation Comments that they left other posters. Just a word of warning, even though PM's and Rep Comments and the like are not on the "public" part of the forum, they are still subject to the same rules for content, filter avoidance etc. and infractions may be issued when they violate the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.