What's new

The “I’m a Mike Conley hating bitch” list

Conley's last 10 games: 16.5 points, 5.2 assists, 4 rebounds, 1.5 turnovers, 41% shooting, 39.6% 3 point shooting. Does that seem below average to you?

I don't care about 10 game averages. I want consistency game to game to weather through tough games. Mike is a vet that should be a stable, consistent contributor. I don't know where to find the numbers but I would bet from my memory that in our losses, Conley's efficiency on open shots is very low. He has had good looks on uncontested shots that any average PG should be making.

Over the past two games: Does 2-9 FGs sound average? Does 2-10 FGs sounds average? Does 1-7 3PT sound average? You should be able to get those kind of numbers from any PG on any roster bench in the NBA, not from a starting PG. Many of these attempts are uncontested.

I mean, one would think that you risk the chemistry that had been built over a couple of seasons if a $32 million contract is going to mean a significant improvement. Not only I see no significant improvement, I see less grit and effort. Rubio was much more exciting to watch imo.

Reactions: MVP
I mean, one would think that you risk the chemistry that had been built over a couple of seasons if a $32 million contract is going to mean a significant improvement. Not only I see no significant improvement, I see less grit and effort. Rubio was much more exciting to watch imo.

Do you remember Rubio's first season with us? He was really bad the first half of the season, then he turned it around and played very well the second half of the season. Lets be patient. Conley's clearly been a much better player than Rubio throughout his career. If he can turn things around similar to what Rubio did in his first season with us then we are in for some terrific point guard play the rest of the year.

Do you remember Rubio's first season with us? He was really bad the first half of the season, then he turned it around and played very well the second half of the season. Lets be patient. Conley's clearly been a much better player than Rubio throughout his career. If he can turn things around similar to what Rubio did in his first season with us then we are in for some terrific point guard play the rest of the year.
Yes I remember it well. As I remember the intangibles that he brought to the table.

Mike "twofer" Conley is officially a problem. 2-9, 2-10, 2-8. How long can coach stick with him as our starting PG?

Mike "twofer" Conley is officially a problem. 2-9, 2-10, 2-8. How long can coach stick with him as our starting PG?

Have you seen Quins eye twitching? He can look down the bench and see the same thing we see. He has no choice but to ride with Conley.

Still, I wonder if Conley wouldn't benifit from a little break. An 'injury' and some time away might let him reset the season.

Last edited:
He's very far from being an average offensive player right now, but he might start to turn it around. He can't possibly be this bad the whole season. What's clear to me is that he can't turn it around on defense. Defenses are targeting him and that's only going to get worse in the playoffs.

Seriously... Ingles has been struggling a little. The size in the starting back court seems to be an issue. Why can't we move Ingles to start at PG and move Conley to come off the bench.

I concur 100%!

This early season Mike Conley panic is gonna be funny asf to look back on come May/June.

I KNEW patience would pay off. Conley finally had another breakout game. He was mired in a bit of a slump going 2/9, 2/10, 2/8... But good things come to those who wait. Conley was on fire, ON FIRE I SAY, and is no longer "twofer". He went 3/13. Great things are on the horizon!!!

This early season Mike Conley panic is gonna be funny asf to look back on come May/June.
The sample size is speaking for itself at this point. I hope you’re right, but your statement is, with time, sounding more and more like a mantra in need of evidence.

At the 20-game mark, there is NO point in in the flow of the offense, NOR any spot on the floor where Conley is consistently creating for and feeding himself. Not one. He needs to get a toehold somewhere and start building his offensive identity ASAP.

Rubio was probably our best player in December of his first year here. Then he dipped into a protracted struggle. People forget this.

The sample size is speaking for itself at this point. I hope you’re right, but your statement is, with time, sounding more and more like a mantra in need of evidence.

At the 20-game mark, there is NO point in in the flow of the offense, NOR any spot on the floor where Conley is consistently creating for and feeding himself. Not one. He needs to get a toehold somewhere and start building his offensive identity ASAP.

Agree with everything. Look if I die on this hill, I die on this hill. We have to hope that not just Conley but the entire offense in general starts cooking. Otherwise the season we all hoped for will never materialize.

It all starts with Quin IMO. We need more off ball movement getting Spida/Bogey/Mike open for easy looks. We can't just keep giving one of them the ball at the top of the key, give them a screen from Gobert, and hope they can create a good shot while the other 3 players stand around the perimeter. It's too basic. It's too easy to defend. It's causing all of our offensive woes... The bad shot selection and turnovers because our guys are forcing too much. The lack of assists because the ball doesn't move, players don't move, it creates stickiness.

I don't know wtf happened with our offense but we used to run more plays and actions than we do now.

Agree with everything. Look if I die on this hill, I die on this hill. We have to hope that not just Conley but the entire offense in general starts cooking. Otherwise the season we all hoped for will never materialize.

It all starts with Quin IMO. We need more off ball movement getting Spida/Bogey/Mike open for easy looks. We can't just keep giving one of them the ball at the top of the key, give them a screen from Gobert, and hope they can create a good shot while the other 3 players stand around the perimeter. It's too basic. It's too easy to defend. It's causing all of our offensive woes... The bad shot selection and turnovers because our guys are forcing too much. The lack of assists because the ball doesn't move, players don't move, it creates stickiness.

I don't know wtf happened with our offense but we used to run more plays and actions than we do now.
Would old-school rep

• The trade and signing of Conley may go down as the worse move ever made by the Jazz front office! Had we kept the team we had at the end of last season and just added the hot shot shooter from Indiana.....we might have 1 maybe 2 losses right now and be the talk of the NBA! Our defense was solid as a rock, our offense was humming like a well-oiled sewing machine and we were dunking on everybody's head left and right! Everybody knew there role, where they should be and how they should function! A little more coaching and convincing Donovan of how to play team ball and we would have been that more difficult to beat!