What's new

The “I’m a Mike Conley hating bitch” list

I don't think a single person said they preferred having Crowder over Conley directly, most just felt we overpaid and that we could have used crowder the way he was playing all this season and for most of the playoffs. Also he was an asset that got misused. No one wants to trade Conley for crowder straight up.

Who should have been used in the trade in place of Crowder to make the salary work?

Are we a better team with Grayson Allen and two first round picks? Jae bolted from Miami after making the Finals. Why would he have re-signed here?
I'm not sure what you are arguing about. I wanted them to go after someone like Brogdon when they went after Conley. Keep trying though, I'm sure you'll find someone to throw fists with.

Hey you could go on and on about how Brogdon wouldn't have been any good either, and when I point out I said "someone like Brogdon" you can say who? Who the **** else would we get? See, there's always a fight to be had if you try hard enough.

I'm not sure what you are arguing about. I wanted them to go after someone like Brogdon when they went after Conley. Keep trying though, I'm sure you'll find someone to throw fists with.

Hey you could go on and on about how Brogdon wouldn't have been any good either, and when I point out I said "someone like Brogdon" you can say who? Who the **** else would we get? See, there's always a fight to be had if you try hard enough.

I like Brogdon. I actually think he’d fit better next to Donovan than Conley does. My whole point is people point to Crowder as being the sole reason why we lost the trade. That is laughable to me.

Nobody has said that

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
I think what he's going after is he doesn't like Crowder, but a few people have pointed to how well Crowder was playing this season and even in the playoffs for the most part and were saying we could have used something like that. Hell I think we could have used something like that, with the aggression he was showing, not sure why he faded so hard in this series. Tougher matchups I assume.

I think what he's going after is he doesn't like Crowder, but a few people have pointed to how well Crowder was playing this season and even in the playoffs for the most part and were saying we could have used something like that. Hell I think we could have used something like that, with the aggression he was showing, not sure why he faded so hard in this series. Tougher matchups I assume.
Every role player fades in and out of relevance. Thats why they aren't stars. What he does always provide is toughness, hard work and a sharp edge of competitiveness. That's what we have lacked.

I wouldn't trade Crowder for Conley straight up, but I do think we would have beaten Denver if we had had Crowder instead of Conley last postseason. This season and postseason 1st round, an argument could be made for Conley. 2nd round, we really needed a Crowder. Badly.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Haven't read the thread, but is it better to be a Mike Conley hating bitch, or a bitch hating Mike Conley?
When you address me, I prefer to go by the former. Has a nice ring to it tbh
Maybe I can ask the mods for a name change

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I like Brogdon. I actually think he’d fit better next to Donovan than Conley does. My whole point is people point to Crowder as being the sole reason why we lost the trade. That is laughable to me.
I don't think anyone points to the crowder as being the sole reason we lost the trade.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Maybe we tried that and the Grizzlies said no.
Which is going to be the excuse given. For what we gave up for Conley (who really didn't seem to have that strong of a market), we should have insisted on sending Favors instead of Crowder. I've been saying that from day one.

I was really, really opposed to including Crowder just like I'll be really, really opposed to including Royce or Ingles in any deal this summer. A team simply cannot have too many wing defenders in this day and age. And especially guys who can at least to attempt to guard 1-4.

Since this is the Conley hating thread I'll throw this out there anyway.... Crowder and even Allen for that matter have proven to have at least one ability that Conley does not and that is avail-ability. I think everyone that hated the trade felt like it was an overpay- no one player made it too much to pay, it just never should have happened. The grizzlies overpaid an aging broken down player and they should have had to face the consequences.

Which is going to be the excuse given. For what we gave up for Conley (who really didn't seem to have that strong of a market), we should have insisted on sending Favors instead of Crowder. I've been saying that from day one.

I was really, really opposed to including Crowder just like I'll be really, really opposed to including Royce or Ingles in any deal this summer. A team simply cannot have too many wing defenders in this day and age. And especially guys who can at least to attempt to guard 1-4.

I still would have traded for Conley if Memphis wouldn’t budge on Crowder. You don’t pass up an all-star caliber player because of Jae Crowder lmao.

It’s common sense that we need perimeter defenders but for some reason DL thought we didn’t.

I still would have traded for Conley if Memphis wouldn’t budge on Crowder. You don’t pass up an all-star caliber player because of Jae Crowder lmao.

It’s common sense that we need perimeter defenders but for some reason DL thought we didn’t.
Memphis turned and traded Crowder by the deadline. I don't think he was deal breaker. I could be wrong, but it doesn't matter.

It was stupid to trade Crowder. One could argue, like I have, that Crowder would have taken us as far as Conley did. And that's not even counting Grayson, Korver, picks.

Memphis turned and traded Crowder by the deadline. I don't think he was deal breaker. I could be wrong, but it doesn't matter.

It was stupid to trade Crowder. One could argue, like I have, that Crowder would have taken us as far as Conley did. And that's not even counting Grayson, Korver, picks.

We are not a 52-win team in a 72-game season with Crowder instead of Conley lmao. You have gone off the deep end.

We are not a 52-win team in a 72-game season with Crowder instead of Conley lmao. You have gone off the deep end.
Read my other posts. C'mon man.

I have said that we don't have the same regular season success or probably the same success against Memphis if we switched Conley for Crowder.

Read my other posts. C'mon man.

I have said that we don't have the same regular season success or probably the same success against Memphis if we switched Conley for Crowder.

We don’t play Memphis in the first round without the regular season success though man.