What's new

The Ashes

Usman Khawaja is mine atm. He's out though.
Rubashov - Khawaja has been screwed by the selectors. Agree or disagree?

Think he needs to be dropped, they've talked about his potential for years but he's never lived up to it, time to move on.

I've played both, cricket is better to watch and play in my opinion. Its a much harder game to be good at, there is a lot going on, for starters the field of play is 360 degrees, so the ball can go anywhere, there is an awful lot more technique involved in batting in cricket as well.

What do people who like Cricket think about Baseball?

I know there are a lot of crossover cricketers who play baseball as well.
I know I was really into baseball 15 years ago - but that was more because of the strategy involved. I think baseball is far and away a more strategic game. But I would perhaps agree with Rubashov that certain skills required in cricket are more difficult.

The biggest difference is that with batting in cricket its do or die. No do overs. You can be out the first ball you face, or as the Australian captain did yesterday - you can bat for over 8.5 hours and score 140 not out. He faced over 300 balls (pitches). Some say that is fantastic, some say meh - too long..

Cricketers don't chew tobacco so the hygiene is a whole lot cleaner

Yeah, but they collectively spit on the ball and shine it on their groins for hours at a time.
And think about club cricket - I remember sharing 'boxes' with teammates in junior years!!!

I know there are a lot of crossover cricketers who play baseball as well.
I know I was really into baseball 15 years ago - but that was more because of the strategy involved. I think baseball is far and away a more strategic game. But I would perhaps agree with Rubashov that certain skills required in cricket are more difficult.

The biggest difference is that with batting in cricket its do or die. No do overs. You can be out the first ball you face, or as the Australian captain did yesterday - you can bat for over 8.5 hours and score 140 not out. He faced over 300 balls (pitches). Some say that is fantastic, some say meh - too long..
yeah, cricket sounds ****.

Poms have been beaten like a gong, we roll onto to Adelaide to pile on the misery. The barmey army can go suffer in their jocks.

The English touring party is descending into a farce, curfews for players have been introduced. Their vice captain who was originally left out of the squad due to concerns that he could not fly after he assaulted a war veteran and was awaiting criminal charges, has now flown into New Zealand on a "family holiday." They are looking more and more like a rabble each day.

And now a former England star who actually seemed like a decent bloke has come out and said this

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/4986857/andrew-flintoff-freddie-world-flat-conspiracy-group/

Nut Job

The English touring party is descending into a farce, curfews for players have been introduced. Their vice captain who was originally left out of the squad due to concerns that he could not fly after he assaulted a war veteran and was awaiting criminal charges, has now flown into New Zealand on a "family holiday." They are looking more and more like a rabble each day.

And now a former England star who actually seemed like a decent bloke has come out and said this

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/4986857/andrew-flintoff-freddie-world-flat-conspiracy-group/

Nut Job

Yeah but that's the alcohol poisoning he's suffered talking