What's new

The Ashes

Wow.. what a shambles of a day. How could that have been out?!?!

England well and truly on top though... maybe the Aussies were dispirited because nobody turned up to watch them on Boxing day?!?!

you douchebag, 95,000 people rocked up boxing day, 65,000 showed up today for day 3, i'm going tomorrow there will likely be 65,000 again. go interfere with the sheep

you douchebag, 95,000 people rocked up boxing day, 65,000 showed up today for day 3, i'm going tomorrow there will likely be 65,000 again. go interfere with the sheep

Yeah but half of the 95,000 on boxing day left after the morning session to go shopping.... empty seats galore.

Whats not to like about a singles party in the country? if you strike out with the sheilas you can always try your luck with the wildlife.

I dunno man, I've never been all that popular with the ladies, what if I'm stuck in a train for days and days and nobody wants me?

OL the Pom’s are lucky it rained otherwise they’d be chasing 300 on a 5th day MCG pitch and be in more trouble than the early settlers

I dunno man, I've never been all that popular with the ladies, what if I'm stuck in a train for days and days and nobody wants me?

meh if the train has wifi you'll be alright, have you guys got wifi over there?

Well Cook's 244 came out of nowhere, for most of the series he looked more like Stevie Wonder walking out to the crease than one of the highest run makers in cricket history. Not only saved the POMs from losing the series 5-0 but probably saved his career, which was looking just about done 7 days ago.

Australia lost the first ODI to England ... England with a fantastic chase.

A sign of things to come?

Australia lost the first ODI to England ... England with a fantastic chase.

A sign of things to come?

meh one day cricket only matters at the world cup, they should bring back the old triangular series, we could have had the kiwis over, think we play you guys a couple of times after the Poms

meh one day cricket only matters at the world cup, they should bring back the old triangular series, we could have had the kiwis over, think we play you guys a couple of times after the Poms

I agree. I used to love those triangle series even when NZ isn't playing. Why did they take it out? Is it because when Aus isn't playing they cannot sell the tickets?

It's so nostalgic, such an occassion and a fantastic celebration of cricket, but I guess $$$ comes first nowadays.

I agree. I used to love those triangle series even when NZ isn't playing. Why did they take it out? Is it because when Aus isn't playing they cannot sell the tickets?

It's so nostalgic, such an occassion and a fantastic celebration of cricket, but I guess $$$ comes first nowadays.

I think the argument was with twenty20 they were playing too much cricket, (but i think they changed the format before that anyway.) most of the main grounds have been enlarged over the last 10 years so they probably cost more to hire, but the television numbers are still very strong for the 50 over game and they used to play the non australian games at smaller venues, like Hobart or Adelaide or Perth, i can't remember a non Australian game at the MCG for instance. I think it was a much better format, the mini tournament every year helps set the mindset for the world cup. And you know it was always good to see great players come over from overseas, even if we weren't playing them in Test cricket.

I think the argument was with twenty20 they were playing too much cricket, (but i think they changed the format before that anyway.) most of the main grounds have been enlarged over the last 10 years so they probably cost more to hire, but the television numbers are still very strong for the 50 over game and they used to play the non australian games at smaller venues, like Hobart or Adelaide or Perth, i can't remember a non Australian game at the MCG for instance. I think it was a much better format, the mini tournament every year helps set the mindset for the world cup. And you know it was always good to see great players come over from overseas, even if we weren't playing them in Test cricket.

What were they used to call? Benson & Hedges Series? Aww man, those were the days... No IPL, no Twenty20 bull crap. Just pure cricket with big names battling it out. All the legends, they just had so much more character compared to now.