What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

What? Americans aren’t even saved from American prisons for drug possession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually heard something about americans being pardoned for marijuana charges or something.

I actually heard something about americans being pardoned for marijuana charges or something.
I’ve been told by a poster here that nothing was done about that. It was just a headline…

I’m somewhat surprised that there was this much support, but there is still no guarantee it would have made it through the democrat controlled congress. Why not vote to extend the cooling off period?
If you think the democrats are above BS games, you’re crazy.
The student loan forgiveness and dropping federal marijuana charges are just a few examples. One Biden made sure would be tied up in court for a very long time and the other did exactly nothing for anyone. They were good headlines for a day though.

“bUt StAtE’s RiGhTs!”
What is wrong with state’s rights?

Here in Florida, DeSantis has signed into law a harsher punishment for Meth and Fentanyl dealers.

Fentanyl is the leading cause of death in the 18-45 age group, more than Covid, Cancer or car accidents.

What has the federal government done?

“Customs and Border Protection (CBP) significantly increased the amount of fentanyl seizures along the Southwest border, seizing an average of more than 800 pounds of fentanyl each month in fiscal year 2021, over twice as much as fiscal year 2020 and four times the amount seized in 2019.”

The border crisis is not just about illegal immigration, but the deadliest drug is flowing over it. At first carrying it over the border, US citizens were the ones doing it at legal crossings.

But because of Covid legal border crossing lockdowns:
  • During the travel restrictions, fentanyl seizures at ports quadrupled from fiscal year 2019 to 2021. Fentanyl went from a third of combined heroin and fentanyl seizures to over 90 percent.
  • Annual deaths from fentanyl nearly doubled from 2019 to 2021 after the government banned most travel (and asylum).
If the federal government will not improve the border security for drugs and US smugglers, then I’m grateful for states rights and actions like Texas. Texas is using additional resources at the border to help out.

What has California done to improve their weak fentanyl laws…not much.

Mostly Misdemeanors.

So yeah “bUt StAtE’s RiGhTs”

Last edited:
I’ve been told by a poster here that nothing was done about that. It was just a headline…

From the article-
The move also is not expected to remove any individuals from prison.

The administration official speaking to reporters on Thursday said that “there are no individuals currently in federal prison solely for simple possession of marijuana.”

In state after state, the final turnout data shows that registered Republicans turned out at a higher rate — and in some places a much higher rate — than registered Democrats, including in many of the states where Republicans were dealt some of their most embarrassing losses.

Instead, high-profile Republicans like Herschel Walker in Georgia or Blake Masters in Arizona lost because Republican-leaning voters decided to cast ballots for Democrats, even as they voted for Republican candidates for U.S. House or other down-ballot races in their states.

Well done trump.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

In state after state, the final turnout data shows that registered Republicans turned out at a higher rate — and in some places a much higher rate — than registered Democrats, including in many of the states where Republicans were dealt some of their most embarrassing losses.

Instead, high-profile Republicans like Herschel Walker in Georgia or Blake Masters in Arizona lost because Republican-leaning voters decided to cast ballots for Democrats, even as they voted for Republican candidates for U.S. House or other down-ballot races in their states.

Well done trump.

That is a really good sign of the democracy working as intended. People will only suffer insufferable asses for so long.

Lol

Meaning "Drug possession" is a charge they tack on to the individual or in an effort to extend sentences by convicting them for "trafficking" or some other ****. Drug offenses still account for the incarceration of almost 400,000 people, yet nobody can be released with Bidens pardon? Biden had to have known his pardon wasn't going to do anything for those in prison for drug charges nor will it do anything for individuals charged after his pardon as it stated in the article. You can "lol" all you want, but any sane or sympathetic individual can see the prison system needs reform and WAY too many people are in jail/prison on drug charges.

Last edited:
See, we were discussing getting Griner out of prison for possessing a gram of marijauna.
Then mongoose said that we should focus on people in america who are imprisoned for drug possession.

So if we are making this comparison then lets make it apples to apples.

Griner was imprisoned for possessing a gram of marijuana. Are there americans in prisons in america for possessing a gram of marijuana? According to mongoose the answer is no. So his compaint of america having people like griner in american prisons was just a falsehood.
Glad we got that settled. Moving on……

See, we were discussing getting Griner out of prison for possessing a gram of marijauna.
Then mongoose said that we should focus on people in america who are imprisoned for drug possession.

So if we are making this comparison then lets make it apples to apples.

Griner was imprisoned for possessing a gram of marijuana. Are there americans in prisons in america for possessing a gram of marijuana? According to mongoose the answer is no. So his compaint of america having people like griner in american prisons was just a falsehood.
Glad we got that settled. Moving on……

According to Reuters - A U.S. official said on Thursday that U.S. basketball star Brittney Griner, who had been jailed in Russia in charges of possessing and smuggling illegal drugs, was now in U.S. custody

According to Reuters - A U.S. official said on Thursday that U.S. basketball star Brittney Griner, who had been jailed in Russia in charges of possessing and smuggling illegal drugs, was now in U.S. custody

Any time you bring a prohibited item through customs without declaring it you have "smuggled."

Other than that I'm not sure what your point is here.

Meaning "Drug possession" is a charge they tack on to the individual or in an effort to extend sentences by convicting them for "trafficking" or some other ****.
It's the other way around. Possession above a certain amount can be charged with trafficking, even if you've never sold a gram. Many people are in prison for "trafficking" when it really was just possession.

Any time you bring a prohibited item through customs without declaring it you have "smuggled."

Other than that I'm not sure what your point is here.
Did you read what I was responding to? He said she was in jail for possession in Russia and he wants to draw comparisons. I was showing that the possession charges even in Russia are drummed up and the possession charge is tacked on to other charges like smuggling.
She was not in prison in Russia for simple drug possession, just like folks in the US are not in prison for simple drug possession charges because the prison system wants to tack charges onto people to extend sentences, increase parole etc.