What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Politicians at their finest - everyone wants to own the success but nobody wants to take accountability when it doesn't.

Here's the thing: Trump and his admin authorized the withdrawal and started the process. When Biden came aboard, they could have issued a reversal if they believed it was the right thing to do.

They didn't which leads me to believe that's because they agreed with the Trump admin that it was time to exit Afghanistan. They took over a plan that was doomed to failure as a functioning middle east has never worked, but they didn't take steps to correct it.

We all know Trump would have taken credit if things would have gone swimmingly and so would have Biden. Now that things have gone to hell, it's always someone else's fault. It's a tired charade that we as citizens continue to accept time and time again.

Can we get someone not named Trump or Biden in 2024, please?

Trump would've handled this. He already had everything in place and told the Taliban that it was their friends, families, and villages if they so as much as looked at an American wrong. This is why hes presidential like abd has already put out many comments.

Biden had no plan. This is why he, Kamala, and Psaki are in hiding.

Y'all aren't blaming Trump this time.

Last edited:
Trump would've handled this. He already had everything in place and told the Taliban that it was their friends, families, and villages if they so as much as looked at an American wrong. This is why hes presidential like abd has already put out many comments.

Biden had no plan. This is why he, Kamala, and Psaki are in hiding.

Y'all aren't blaming Trump this time.
It's all Monday Morning Quarterback, but no, he wouldn't have handled this. How do I know this? Because I was alive between 2016 - 2020.

From border conflicts (Mexico's paying for it) to Covid 19 (gone in April '20, right?) to health care plans that are 'just two weeks away', Trump had a long and well-documented history of talk without action to follow it. Nothing in his presidency demonstrated whatsoever that we should have expected anything differently especially with a withdrawal plan that was created by his administration. The Taliban isn't listening to DJT, they're not listening to anyone. They are going to do what they want to do. It's foolish to think that anyone is going to bow to the wishes of a Westerner to talk about their own intentions for a country.

But enough about Trump, we've spent more than enough time and energy on that song and dance.

Biden and his team absolutely own the failure of this crisis right now - when you're the pilot at the controls, that's just how it goes. They should have corrected timelines if they didn't feel comfortable with how things were going and they didn't. That's on them.

The real question now for this administration is this: what are you going to do about it?

The Thriller, your takes in this thread have been very Pro-Biden; I take it you voted for him.
You started out saying:
“Biden deserves credit for delivering on campaign promises; solid legislation that provides covid relief, financial help to cities and states, and stimulus to re-start the economy”
The credit should be given to him for these accomplishments. But you refuse to acknowledge or criticize him when he makes mistakes or creates issues with his decisions”
If you want to have an honest debate in this forum, be open to both sides.

Like you said:
“This is why Americans need to turn off the teevee, read a damn book, and try and see things from other people’s perspectives.”

To have an honest debate, is to not have "no-thinking" loyalty to Biden and the Democratic Party.
“All that matters is loyalty to Trump. No thinking necessary. Just loyalty.”

Biden is having problems with all the major issues going on right now:
https://news.yahoo.com/biden-creating-worst-conditions-thousands-105100641.html
https://thehill.com/opinion/finance...n-instead-of-reckless-spending-as-approval-on
https://www.motherjones.com/crime-j...far-the-federal-prison-population-is-growing/
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/me...ghanistan-covid-have-come-back-haunt-n1276895

Where is he and where is his mouth piece:
“Did it ever occur to you that President Biden isn’t doing press conferences because his press Secretary is holding them instead?”
“Let the press Secretary do their job.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/top-biden-spokeswoman-jen-psaki-024000523.html

This is not leadership, this is not what you expect from the Potus. But he is not sending mean tweets, or memes but he is:
“It begins with Biden. He’s not flaming states that didn’t vote for him.”
https://www.reviewjournal.com/opini...ination-rates-in-attacks-on-desantis-2419109/

Yet he is blaming every state that didn’t vote for him, even though the states that did vote for him, gets cover from Jen Psaki and Biden.

The last thing you need to do is stop your bellyaching about Trump:
“Yet we read nonstop the bellyaching from Trump supporters STILL.”
“Does this guy sound like he knows anything about routers?”
“What a loser. He’s so weak and impotent, just like his followers.”

I don’t know why it’s so hard for people on both sides to not criticize your parties’ leaders, decisions, leadership, hires, policies and mistakes. We complain about the decisions of the Jazz leadership but we still support them.

It’s a waste breath to discuss politics with you because you have a closed mind when it comes to your party. There are a ton more examples from you, but I spent enough time making my point.

It's all Monday Morning Quarterback, but no, he wouldn't have handled this. How do I know this? Because I was alive between 2016 - 2020.

From border conflicts (Mexico's paying for it) to Covid 19 (gone in April '20, right?) to health care plans that are 'just two weeks away', Trump had a long and well-documented history of talk without action to follow it. Nothing in his presidency demonstrated whatsoever that we should have expected anything differently especially with a withdrawal plan that was created by his administration. The Taliban isn't listening to DJT, they're not listening to anyone. They are going to do what they want to do. It's foolish to think that anyone is going to bow to the wishes of a Westerner to talk about their own intentions for a country.

But enough about Trump, we've spent more than enough time and energy on that song and dance.

Biden and his team absolutely own the failure of this crisis right now - when you're the pilot at the controls, that's just how it goes. They should have corrected timelines if they didn't feel comfortable with how things were going and they didn't. That's on them.

The real question now for this administration is this: what are you going to do about it?
Yeah, the longest tenured without a soldier dying had nothing to do with Trump. The peace treaties. The stabilization. The dismantling of ISIS, peace between Israel and Hamas that wilted the second he was out if office.

Taliban knows Biden is weak. He's so weak he's literally hiding. T

100% Trump wouldn't be forcing the embassy to burn flags in fear that it'll make him look bad like Beijing Biden. Coward.

Pretty sad Democrats. Pretty sad. Humanitarian crisis at our border with people majorly suffering and a world wide humanitarian crisis that's going to lead to a lot of really terrible things.

Where the f* is your president btw?! It's almost noon in his area. Is he getting pumped full of his ant Dementia drugs? Another facelift? Is he on hospice? Or is he just a flat out coward?

a) go on vacation
b) hold a press conference announcing that Kamala will fix it
c) blame the previous administration for decisions either made by the current administration or within the power of the current administration to make
d) rely on the media for friendly coverage to paint a happy face or blame Trump voters

I joke. It is a joke. There is a kernel of truth to it in how the Biden administration has handled inflation, the border, and vaccine hesitancy, but for sure there is no placard sitting on Joe Biden's desk saying "The Buck Stops Here". It always seems to be someone else's fault and someone else will fix it.
main-qimg-edc462fee894f545efa2db00e65b86c9.webp

Biden said he stands by his decision then goes on blaming every single person besides himself. At least he owned that this was his decision and he stands by it. Dumb people were blaming Trump.

I had never heard of Matt Zeller before today. Just heard him speak of his reaction to Biden’s speech. It was scathing, He knows thousands of translators, etc. will be killed. Co-founder of No One Left Behind. If that segment gets put up on YouTube or wherever, I’m going to post it. As powerful a speech as I’ve heard in a long time. Made the moral case as well as it can be made. Meanwhile, I did find this from earlier today.

Well, did find a 49 second segment of the several minutes he spoke…

His plan for evacuation, which he spoke of at length in his reaction to Biden’s address, and for which reason he was scathing in his reaction, since this is something he’s apparently been pushing to the administration for months.

Last edited:
It is quite comical that everyone that is now asking for Biden and military officials to resign were 100% onboard with the plan until it didn’t work. Real pieces of work our politicians are.

It was destined to fail as the Taliban was never eliminated.