What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Who said what?

I have no idea who you're talking about making statements on the record.

And if they knew it was Hunter's laptop but said this was a Russian psy op, what is the consequence we should impose? I say that having no idea who said this.

I really fell like this laptop doesn't matter. Reason #1 is that Hunter is not in any official position, never has been as far as I know. I mean Trump's thirst lust, also known as his daughter, had an official position in his administration. His crush's (his daughter) husband also had an official position. Jared Kushner and Ivanka were wheeling and dealing all over the planet while "daddy wants some" was the President.

Oh I agree with that last part. Didn’t the Trump kiddies get the Saudi’s to invest like a billion dollars with them ? Ridiculous

Lied? Are we sure we're using the correct word here? Making incorrect statements and lying are two different things. Well, I mean there's overlap, but one thing does not necessarily mean the other.

Who said what? Being "on the record" doesn't mean you are attesting to facts. You can express opinions and assumptions "on the record."

And if we punished people for saying false things on the record I have a Donald Trump I'd like to nominate for punishment.

Besides all that, the laptop is not the bombshell many people seem to think it is. Hunter is a literal crack head, a whore monger, and essentially a trust fund baby. We knew that before the laptop, we now know it with the benefit(?) of seeing Hunter's little weapon being sucked on for money. We didn't learn anything new.
All lies are incorrect statements but not all incorrect statements are lies. Unless the person making the incorrect statement is someone I disagree with or do not like, in which case everything they say is a lie. Fundamental law of the universe.

All lies are incorrect statements but not all incorrect statements are lies. Unless the person making the incorrect statement is someone I disagree with or do not like, in which case everything they say is a lie. Fundamental law of the universe.
I think it is technically possible for a person to lie while inadvertently telling the truth.

I think it is technically possible for a person to lie while inadvertently telling the truth.
Again, unless I disagree with them or hate them. Then it's all lies all the time.

has there been any blowback or consequences for all the officials who went on record and lied that the laptop was Russian disinformation ?
Wait, officials lied and didn't get punished for it!? I don't believe you

So, was Archer’s testimony devastating for the “Biden crime family”?

“…..but at the heart of Stefanik’s argument was an unstated assumption: Archer’s testimony was a disaster for Democrats and a triumph for Republicans desperate to tear President Joe Biden down. Of course the latest Trump indictment came on the heels of Archer’s testimony, the argument went, those rascally Democrats and their allies are terrified of the public learning what the witness had to say. It’s all one big “distraction.”

This turns reality on its head. Democrats don’t want to hide Archer’s testimony, they want to brag about it.”

Link to partial transcript, which includes a link to the complete transcript…

So, was Archer’s testimony devastating for the “Biden crime family”?

“…..but at the heart of Stefanik’s argument was an unstated assumption: Archer’s testimony was a disaster for Democrats and a triumph for Republicans desperate to tear President Joe Biden down. Of course the latest Trump indictment came on the heels of Archer’s testimony, the argument went, those rascally Democrats and their allies are terrified of the public learning what the witness had to say. It’s all one big “distraction.”

This turns reality on its head. Democrats don’t want to hide Archer’s testimony, they want to brag about it.”

Link to partial transcript, which includes a link to the complete transcript…

Its funny cause republicans always tie Biden to these trump indictments. I have yet to hear biden say "lock him up" or anything of that nature in regards to trump.

Reactions: Red
Its funny cause republicans always tie Biden to these trump indictments. I have yet to hear biden say "lock him up" or anything of that nature in regards to trump.
I don't think you understand. According to Republicans, Joe Biden is both a capable of subtle manipulations without leaving any kind of trace and is also a doddering old man who has trouble remembering the names of his cabinet.

I don't think you understand. According to Republicans, Joe Biden is both a capable of subtle manipulations without leaving any kind of trace and is also a doddering old man who has trouble remembering the names of his cabinet.
...almost as if Joe Biden was only a puppet head for other people who are doing the actual work (and leaving a boatload of traces such as laptops that need massive efforts to cover up or discredit).

...almost as if Joe Biden was only a puppet head for other people who are doing the actual work (and leaving a boatload of traces such as laptops that need massive efforts to cover up or discredit).
I support you in your decision that Joe Biden is not involved.

According to trump biden himself literally arrested trump.

why doesn’t Biden just declare the 2024 election fraudulent and have Kamala make him president for a new term? After all, it’s free speech and the VP has this type of power anyway.

why doesn’t Biden just declare the 2024 election fraudulent and have Kamala make him president for a new term? After all, it’s free speech and the VP has this type of power anyway.
exactly.

Republicans who for months have accused President Joe Biden without proof of crime and corruption thought that a former business partner of his son’s could be the key to finally substantiating their most serious allegations.

But the testimony this week of Devon Archer, Hunter’s ex-business partner, fell well short of that, shooting down a bribery allegation Republicans have long promoted and generally rejecting the idea that the elder Biden had any material involvement in his son’s business dealings. It was the latest instance of House Republicans promising far more than they could produce in terms of proof of their allegations against the president. (though im sure they will keep trying their hardest. Such patriots! lol)

“Are you aware of any wrongdoing by Vice President Biden?” Archer’s lawyer asked him at one point during the closed-door testimony before the House oversight committee, a transcript of which was released Thursday.

“No, I’m not aware of any,” Archer replied.

In particular, Archer debunked an anonymous, unverified allegation that Republicans have trumpeted for months that Joe Biden, while vice president, and his son each accepted a $5 million bribe from an official with Ukrainian energy company Burisma.

Archer, who sat on the Burisma board along with Hunter Biden and handled his payments from the company, told lawmakers that he had never heard of any such transaction, and said the claims were most likely false boasting.

That testimony was consistent with evidence put forth recently from Lev Parnas, an associate of Rudy Giuliani’s, who served as the personal lawyer to Trump and who was assigned to dig up dirt on the Bidens in Ukraine.

House Democrats released an interview Parnas conducted with Mykola Zlochevsky during his investigation in which the Burisma co-founder wrote in all caps: “NO ONE FROM BURISMA EVER HAD ANY CONTACTS WITH VP BIDEN OR PEOPLE WORKING FOR HIM DURING HUNTER BIDEN’S ENGAGEMENT.”

Archer also undercut another Republican argument that the elder Biden had pressured Ukrainian officials in 2016 to fire Viktor Shokin, former prosecutor general of Ukraine, because he was investigating the company.

On the contrary, Archer said, he heard from associates in Washington that Burisma had Shokin “under control” and that his replacement could be more damaging to the company.

“He was getting paid a lot of money, and I think, you know, he wanted to show value,” Archer said, adding: “It’s clear that he’s not bringing his dad, but he’s saying, you know, ‘I’m going to get credit for it.’”

Archer concluded that Hunter Biden was attempting to wield the appearance of influence beyond what he was actually delivering.

Asked by Rep. Dan Goldman, D-N.Y., whether it was “fair to say that Hunter Biden was selling the illusion of access to his father,” Archer responded, “Yes.”

But hunters laptop! something something something