What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Complete failure. What an embarrassment.

Nobody is hating on the pull out... It's the absolute failure of how this administration went through with it.

Damn... If Elder wins the recall in California, I can only imagine the hate, racism, and downright Tempur tantrum Democrats will have about a black Republican not bowing to their plantation thought and winning.

Hell the racist already illegally tried to stop him from running.

“Foreign intelligence officials said they are detecting signs that the Taliban’s victory has energized global jihadists, a threat that may only grow as the Taliban releases al-Qaeda operatives who were imprisoned by the Afghan government,” the Washington Post reported Tuesday,

Meanwhile our boarders are completely open... "Dumb" isn't even close to the word us Republicans use towards you. The dumbest most uneducated moron understands the importance of protecting borders.

You don’t. Even if you did, another splinter group would eventually rise up.

The Middle East is never going to play nice.
I agree.

That makes American politics right now so funny. People literally less than one month ago were arguing for getting out of Afghanistan are today deleting past tweets in an effort to attack Biden. Trump just last month at a rally was whining about how he wasn't getting credit for pulling the troops out of Afghanistan. Today? He's demanding that Biden should resign. What a joke.

The truth is, we could've stayed there for 100 more years and I doubt it would have significantly changed the final outcome. I think one could argue that 100 more years of occupying Afghanistan might have been a reasonable price to pay considering how awful the Taliban are, how this is going to destabilize the region further, and the refugee crisis will likely trigger more nativism in western democracies. Not to sound insensitive, but we lost 2,500 troops in 20 years in Afghanistan. That sucks, but we'll see more people die this week from covid in Florida alone than 20 years of combat in Afghanistan and Florida can't even bother to wear masks.

But I also understand that it's difficult to continue to pour money into a country that isn't exactly providing results (other than relative peace and calm) and no matter how much money you pour into it, will never result in a stable democracy. Americans checked out of Afghanistan 10+ years ago. I think Trump probably does deserve some credit for ending this thing and I wish the Biden administration had been better prepared for the resulting collapse. Did they really think Afghanistan could hold out against the Taliban for long?

The Thriller, your takes in this thread have been very Pro-Biden; I take it you voted for him.
You started out saying:
“Biden deserves credit for delivering on campaign promises; solid legislation that provides covid relief, financial help to cities and states, and stimulus to re-start the economy”
The credit should be given to him for these accomplishments. But you refuse to acknowledge or criticize him when he makes mistakes or creates issues with his decisions”
If you want to have an honest debate in this forum, be open to both sides.

Like you said:
“This is why Americans need to turn off the teevee, read a damn book, and try and see things from other people’s perspectives.”

To have an honest debate, is to not have "no-thinking" loyalty to Biden and the Democratic Party.
“All that matters is loyalty to Trump. No thinking necessary. Just loyalty.”

Biden is having problems with all the major issues going on right now:
https://news.yahoo.com/biden-creating-worst-conditions-thousands-105100641.html
https://thehill.com/opinion/finance...n-instead-of-reckless-spending-as-approval-on
https://www.motherjones.com/crime-j...far-the-federal-prison-population-is-growing/
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/me...ghanistan-covid-have-come-back-haunt-n1276895

Where is he and where is his mouth piece:
“Did it ever occur to you that President Biden isn’t doing press conferences because his press Secretary is holding them instead?”
“Let the press Secretary do their job.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/top-biden-spokeswoman-jen-psaki-024000523.html

This is not leadership, this is not what you expect from the Potus. But he is not sending mean tweets, or memes but he is:
“It begins with Biden. He’s not flaming states that didn’t vote for him.”
https://www.reviewjournal.com/opini...ination-rates-in-attacks-on-desantis-2419109/

Yet he is blaming every state that didn’t vote for him, even though the states that did vote for him, gets cover from Jen Psaki and Biden.

The last thing you need to do is stop your bellyaching about Trump:
“Yet we read nonstop the bellyaching from Trump supporters STILL.”
“Does this guy sound like he knows anything about routers?”
“What a loser. He’s so weak and impotent, just like his followers.”

I don’t know why it’s so hard for people on both sides to not criticize your parties’ leaders, decisions, leadership, hires, policies and mistakes. We complain about the decisions of the Jazz leadership but we still support them.

It’s a waste breath to discuss politics with you because you have a closed mind when it comes to your party. There are a ton more examples from you, but I spent enough time making my point.
I don't know who you are but I'm flattered that you'd use one of your 25 posts in 10 years to waste on a mindless rant I barely read through and will never respond to. Which burner account do you belong to? I must have really angered your other account. My guess is Jazzy, Babe, or Hack. I know you're not getting the attention that you used to get back when OB was here. But it's okay, there's more to life than trolling people. Besides, you should know that I’m not one who appreciates trolls and will block them. So here’s your chance, going out in a “blaze of glory.” Mind spilling the beans before I block you?

Last edited:
I don't know who you are but I'm flattered that you'd use one of your 25 posts in 10 years to waste on a mindless rant I barely read through and will never respond to. Which burner account do you belong to? I must have really angered your other account. My guess is Jazzy, Babe, or Hack. I know you're not getting the attention that you used to get back when OB was here. But it's okay, there's more to life than trolling people. I'd slightly curious which burner account you're for. Mind spilling the beans before I block you?
Lol I was going to tell the guy what a worthless waste of time he spent thinking he'd get an intelligent response.

I don't need an alt. You read every single one of my post and respond. You just think you're clever by answering but not quoting me.

Not to sound insensitive, but we lost 2,500 troops in 20 years in Afghanistan. That sucks, but we'll see more people die this week from covid in Florida alone than 20 years of combat in Afghanistan and Florida can't even bother to wear masks.
Someone tell Thriller that basic math is not difficult. For hell sakes this is 1st grade math and he can't even get it close. There would have to be 357 deaths per day for 7 days. The most Florida has had in a single day this entire pandemic is 242.

Uneducated deflecting liar.

Last edited:
Let's do basic math.

August 8th -14th here are Florida's deaths. Now it's not amazing but we must fight against ardent liars and misinformation like Thriller put fourth. If you have to lie. You have no point.

8th-103
9th-65
10th-79
11th-52
12th-45
13th-31
14th-11

No mask but the numbers are dropping?!?!? Derp

So his unscientific "mask" Nazi lunacy has no bearing and he flat out lied. Why?

Last edited:
I agree.

That makes American politics right now so funny. People literally less than one month ago were arguing for getting out of Afghanistan are today deleting past tweets in an effort to attack Biden. Trump just last month at a rally was whining about how he wasn't getting credit for pulling the troops out of Afghanistan. Today? He's demanding that Biden should resign. What a joke.

The truth is, we could've stayed there for 100 more years and I doubt it would have significantly changed the final outcome. I think one could argue that 100 more years of occupying Afghanistan might have been a reasonable price to pay considering how awful the Taliban are, how this is going to destabilize the region further, and the refugee crisis will likely trigger more nativism in western democracies. Not to sound insensitive, but we lost 2,500 troops in 20 years in Afghanistan. That sucks, but we'll see more people die this week from covid in Florida alone than 20 years of combat in Afghanistan and Florida can't even bother to wear masks.

But I also understand that it's difficult to continue to pour money into a country that isn't exactly providing results (other than relative peace and calm) and no matter how much money you pour into it, will never result in a stable democracy. Americans checked out of Afghanistan 10+ years ago. I think Trump probably does deserve some credit for ending this thing and I wish the Biden administration had been better prepared for the resulting collapse. Did they really think Afghanistan could hold out against the Taliban for long?
I agree with everything you said here with the exception of the Florida Covid death count. It's spiking, but is currently around 170 on a moving 7 day average.

Not a number to be proud of, but it's not 2,500. We'd be in a world of hurt if we had 2,500 deaths in one state in a week from this variant.

Inheriting the mistakes of previous administrations must be one of the worst things to deal with as a president. Biden has done what needed to be done. I agree that we can't keep fighting for a people who will not fight for themselves. It would have been like expecting the French to do all the fighting for us in the Revolutionary War. We need to stay out of the Middle East's problems. We obviously can't fix it, and we need to keep trying. I feel terrible for the innocent people who are going to be hurt by this. But this was going to happen 10 years ago, 5 years ago, now, 10 years from now, 20 years from now. Nothing would ever change, and following up bad decisions with more bad decisions will not help.

People can insist that we should have gotten all the interpreters and their families out ahead of time (and I wish we would have), but we are also a country who at present doesn't want refugees coming in. People would have been screaming about that if it had happened. It was a mistake to think that the Afghan forces could hold off the Taliban for more than a minute. But I can't blame the military for assuming that after 20 years of training and giving resources and doing all we could to build them up that they could handle their own defense long enough for our evacuation of the troops and those that gave us aid.

Would that have been bad? We’re not leaving South Korea, Japan, or Europe anytime soon. And it’s not like we had a large force there. From what I’ve read, less than 3,000 troops. That’s nothing. And fewer than 2,500 died in the 20 years there. 2,500? You’ll see more death on Florida and Texas from covid in one weekend.
Those countries are not in the middle of an endless civil war. We aren't having to fight there.

a) go on vacation
b) hold a press conference announcing that Kamala will fix it
c) blame the previous administration for decisions either made by the current administration or within the power of the current administration to make
d) rely on the media for friendly coverage to paint a happy face or blame Trump voters

I joke. It is a joke. There is a kernel of truth to it in how the Biden administration has handled inflation, the border, and vaccine hesitancy, but for sure there is no placard sitting on Joe Biden's desk saying "The Buck Stops Here". It always seems to be someone else's fault and someone else will fix it.
main-qimg-edc462fee894f545efa2db00e65b86c9.webp
This didn't age well.
It would be really nice if the Taliban decided they want to be a legitimate government and actually follow through with the things they are saying today.

https://apnews.com/article/afghanistan-taliban-kabul-evacuation-88db88ca25d33ceff43072c885ed04f9

https://apnews.com/article/afghanistan-taliban-kabul-1d4b052ccef113adc8dc94f965ff23c7

Inheriting the mistakes of previous administrations must be one of the worst things to deal with as a president. Biden has done what needed to be done. I agree that we can't keep fighting for a people who will not fight for themselves. It would have been like expecting the French to do all the fighting for us in the Revolutionary War. We need to stay out of the Middle East's problems. We obviously can't fix it, and we need to keep trying. I feel terrible for the innocent people who are going to be hurt by this. But this was going to happen 10 years ago, 5 years ago, now, 10 years from now, 20 years from now. Nothing would ever change, and following up bad decisions with more bad decisions will not help.

People can insist that we should have gotten all the interpreters and their families out ahead of time (and I wish we would have), but we are also a country who at present doesn't want refugees coming in. People would have been screaming about that if it had happened. It was a mistake to think that the Afghan forces could hold off the Taliban for more than a minute. But I can't blame the military for assuming that after 20 years of training and giving resources and doing all we could to build them up that they could handle their own defense long enough for our evacuation of the troops and those that gave us aid.

Those countries are not in the middle of an endless civil war. We aren't having to fight there.

This didn't age well.
It would be really nice if the Taliban decided they want to be a legitimate government and actually follow through with the things they are saying today.

https://apnews.com/article/afghanistan-taliban-kabul-evacuation-88db88ca25d33ceff43072c885ed04f9

https://apnews.com/article/afghanistan-taliban-kabul-1d4b052ccef113adc8dc94f965ff23c7
Bidens military generals disagree and told him not to do this but by all means call it the last administrations "mistake" whole claiming it's the right thing because it's Biden. No double standards there.

You admit it's a mistake under Trump...

You say it should happen under Biden...

That's called picky choosy. You're trying to convince yourself.

So... If this was never ending and there's nothing we can do, why don't the hypocrites say the same about illegal immigrants? Is Central America suddenly going to get it's act together? Hell no. But you all INSIST we help them. By your own standards Central America will always be terrible so we should just stop everything...

I didn't say it was a mistake by Trump any more than Obama. Bush is the one most responsible. It was the one decision Trump made that I approved of, although I wasn't crazy about how he went about it (not involving the Afghan government in the "peace" agreement with the Taliban, etc).

Please don't put words in my mouth. I used the words "previous administrations" for a reason. I rarely, if ever, make political decisions based on who is the president. Joys of being Independent.

This didn't age well.

I think it's a little naive at best to think the Taliban and a pending strict Islamic law really give two hoots about women's rights. By definition under Sharia law women are worth diddly squat

I didn't say it was a mistake by Trump any more than Obama. Bush is the one most responsible. It was the one decision Trump made that I approved of, although I wasn't crazy about how he went about it (not involving the Afghan government in the "peace" agreement with the Taliban, etc).

Please don't put words in my mouth. I used the words "previous administrations" for a reason. I rarely, if ever, make political decisions based on who is the president. Joys of being Independent.
Remember, Biden voted FOR this war. He bears plenty of guilt himself. Not Bush level, that moron is a war criminal, but he did say yes and wanted it.

The pullout was necessary, no doubt. The execution was one of the biggest failures in American military history. No matter the past administrations this was Bidens choice. He spent his first week signing 50+ executive orders overturning past administrations policy but not this so the excuse his hands were tied is laughable. It was his decision and his only. Even after being told by everyone, even reporters that this Saigon moment will happen and he bold faced said it wouldn't. Average humans had a better grasp on foreign policy over POTUS, that's absolutely insanr. Past administrations didn't pull out without even knowing how many Americans there were, Biden did. He failed. Just like he failed overturning Trump's border policy.

I think it's a little naive at best to think the Taliban and a pending strict Islamic law really give two hoots about women's rights. By definition under Sharia law women are worth diddly squat
They've already kidnapped children to make them their brides.

Last edited: