What's new

The Big Ken Lofton Watch Thread

FWIW, I did see a comment from someone who watched the game and they said Lofton displayed some big immaturity issues. So he might have to sort some of that out.

Can anyone convince me that he shouldn't see some time with the pros before the end of the year?

How's his passing?
He should get a chance because why not, but I don't personally believe he's an NBA player.

If you have access go and watch his November 1st game against us when he was on the Grizzlies. It's actually one of his most productive games of his career, but his complete lack of defense made it so he was still a negative on the court.

Twenty years ago the dudes probably an all star. It seems his game would fit perfectly in that era.
The way that he dismantled Chet in Summer League, I can’t believe that there’s not a role he could play somewhere. Sadly, Micah Potter does his thing maybe better for this team.

What we sorely need on this squad are a couple of Uber athletic rim runners ala Daniel Gafford and possibly Washington and Jones to a lesser extent. But Gafford is the prototype and hard to believe that Hendricks or Sensabaugh has anywhere close to that potential.

A guy I think would fit in with the Jazz is WSU's Issac Jones 6'9"240. He's older but has the game of a young Ed Davis. He once scored 61 points in a junior college game.

Twenty years ago, most of today's players are All-Stars. It's hardly a ringing endorsement.
In a vacuum sure. In reality most of them are no better than anyone from 20 years ago given the differences and advancements in game style and training, coaching, development, etc.

So he's like a shorter Zach Randolph? He's just pushing over guys.
He was bulldozing over his opponents in the paint. Like a High School bully taking lunch money from a 3rd grade kid.

Bulldozer, Big Rig, Beer Truck, Freight Train, Ken Dog, The Lofton Express, The Incredible Bulk (J/K), The Beer Delivery Guy, Kenweiser, Anheuser Ken, The All You Can Eat Buffet, Cheeseburger Ken, Breaker 19, Truck Stop, Long Haul Lofton, Lofton may be the easiest person to give a nickname. When he scores a point I'd like for the PA crew to blast either train horns or the air horns of a semi truck. Gotta let the NBA know the big boy is our centerpiece.

Last edited:
He was bulldozing over his opponents in the paint. Like a High School bully taking lunch money from a 3rd grade kid.

Bulldozer, Big Rig, Beer Truck, Freight Train, Ken Dog, The Lofton Express, The Incredible Bulk (J/K), The Beer Delivery Guy, Kenweiser, Anheuser Ken, The All You Can Eat Buffet, Cheeseburger Ken, Breaker 19, Truck Stop, Long Haul Lofton, Lofton may be the easiest person to give a nickname. When he scores a point I'd like for the PA crew to blast either train horns or the air horns of a semi truck. Gotta let the NBA know the big boy is our centerpiece.
Chuckarama Ken.

So he's like a shorter Zach Randolph? He's just pushing over guys.
When I think of Randolph I dont think of him bowling guys over. I think of him with crafty post moves and a strange shot that was affective at shooting over guys.
I don't remember Randolph getting rebounds and going coast to coast like I saw loften do multiple times in that highlight video

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

When I think of Randolph I dont think of him bowling guys over. I think of him with crafty post moves and a strange shot that was affective at shooting over guys.
I don't remember Randolph getting rebounds and going coast to coast like I saw loften do multiple times in that highlight video

Yeah cuz when Randolph played bigs were bigger and more abundant.

Lofton is playing in the G which is a very small league in terms of bigs.

His career trajectory only makes sense to me if I assume he's a terrible defender. Is that a safe assumption?

If he can make plays in scenarios like dribble handoffs (where he is the primary ball handler and makes a read about whether to hand off or not), AND if he can defend, then he's obviously an NBA player. So... one or both of these things hasn't been true in the past, and may not be true today. Dude is young, though.

In short.... I'm intrigued and confused.

A center that can initiate some offense and shoot threes would look fantastic next to Lauri.
Yep he's always been talented offensively but he undersized (height wise) and has an awkward NBA fit. I didn't even know that Memphis let him go. He's too small to defend in the front court and way to big (weight, body mass) to be a perimeter player.

Yep he's always been talented offensively but he undersized (height wise) and has an awkward NBA fit. I didn't even know that Memphis let him go. He's too small to defend in the front court and way to big (weight, body mass) to be a perimeter player.
Kind of surprised OKC/SAS wasnt interested. The easiest way to make him work is next to a guy like Wemby or Chet

Yeah cuz when Randolph played bigs were bigger and more abundant.

Lofton is playing in the G which is a very small league in terms of bigs.

Exactly.

Lofton is leading the GLeague in scoring at the moment, Jason Preston is 2nd in assists to Efrid Payton, Kinsey leads the league in 3 point percentage and Bazely is 3rd in blocked shots and Lofton and Preston are first and second in fantasy points.
So shall we just rebrand the forum to Starzzfanz and enjoy the rest of the season then?