What's new

The Celtics

Bump. Bump bump bump. I told y’all. Not sure they can beat the Warriors but how can you not appreciate the way this team plays. Nothing but respect.

Lmao they almost blew it. Zero killer instinct. The Warriors will smack them. Why would you milk the clock and let Marcus Smart take every shot to close the game?

After their rookie year, who would you have thought would get to the Finals first - Tatum or Mitchell?

I would have taken Mitchell and am sad.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app

Yeah, the Mike Conley trade ruined the chances of that.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

You mean Donovan not playing defense ruined that right? Have you not watched the playoffs this year? The Celtics and Warriors are two of the best defensive teams in the league. Their star players put in effort on both sides of the ball. Donovan would be the worst defender on either team.

You mean Donovan not playing defense ruined that right? Have you not watched the playoffs this year? The Celtics and Warriors are two of the best defensive teams in the league. Their star players put in effort on both sides of the ball. Donovan would be the worst defender on either team.

To be fair man the Celtics and warriors players all play superior D not only compared to most of the league but by far better than pretty much any jazz player sans Gobert. Mitchell wasn’t the only one that didn’t play D. Just the most disappointing because everyone knows he probably could if he put in more effort. It’s just frustrating when you know the skill set is there but it doesn’t translate to the court.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Celtics are built really well. Didn’t swap out all their picks for players and kept drafting and developing guys. It’s how you have steady sustained success even if you lose a couple key parts along the way. Helps they had a stockpile of assets and were able to select two two-way wings… really three if you count Smart.

Lame response.

Conley sapped all our cap space, cost us 3 good perimeter defenders (Rubio, Allen and Jae), and picks that could have helped us.
L

Lame response.

Conley sapped all our cap space, cost us 3 good perimeter defenders (Rubio, Allen and Jae), and picks that could have helped us.
L

And yet despite all of the bs you spew if Donovan decided to play defense we’d be in the Finals right now.

Lame response.

L

How is Allen even in the conversation here? He was damn near unplayable in the playoffs.

Personally, I don't think Rubio is much better than Conley defensively, at least the same weaknesses that were with Conley are still there (Versatility and being able to hide a weak defender) but there is an argument there. I can imagine being convinced but Allen? How?

And yet despite all of the bs you spew if Donovan decided to play defense we’d be in the Finals right now.
Donovan carried us on both ends against Denver in the 2nd half. Only so much one man can do when Missing Mike is so unclutch and nobody else on our team can create offense (except Clarkson but he's not on the floor in the clutch because Missing Mike has to play and not do ****).

How is Allen even in the conversation here? He was damn near unplayable in the playoffs.

Personally, I don't think Rubio is much better than Conley defensively, at least the same weaknesses that were with Conley are still there (Versatility and being able to hide a weak defender) but there is an argument there. I can imagine being convinced but Allen? How?
I think Rubio and Conley are similar defensively. Thing is, Rubio would have cost us less than half the salary, and we would still have Grayson, Jae and others.

It's not about 1v1. It's about having a number of players to combat other teams.

We have zero depth. WHY? THE CONLEY TRADE

A lot Hinges on health. Brooklyn probably beats Boston if Simmons plays. Denver becomes a player in the west if their two stars are healthy. Same could be said about the clippers. Golden state goes down if Klay and/or Steph aren’t healthy.

We were healthy this playoffs and still sucked.

So Brooklyn goes from getting swept and showing no heart or will to win to winning the series all because of Ben Simmons? Gtfo.

So Brooklyn goes from getting swept and showing no heart or will to win to winning the series all because of Ben Simmons? Gtfo.
You know Ben Simmons, he's the ultimate heart and soul of a team type of guy. His unselfishness, his drive to make himself and his teammates better, his kindness and empathy, it is the ultimate glue for any team. Had Simmons been on the court that team would have gelled more than a Mormon family reunion pot luck.

Last edited:
Simmons is a bad person. However, I do think if he had been healthy and playing that last month or two there’s definitely a chance that the Nets advance. He’s a hell of a player when he wants to be. The premium talent is there. Talent in this league wins.