What's new

The Dunk Archie Said Was Just OK is Now a Dunk of the Year Candidate

Think about it. It is harder than hell to keep your cool and concentration through that dunk. You could get seriously hurt with a player up underneath you like that. Especially grabbing a one handed alley oop full speed. There was no planning like a dunk contest.

There is a danger factor for sure, but most young adults feel they invincible anyway.

I was not ever, not over it. It's nothing. Like DM winning the dunk contest or ROY other than some recognition for him and the team.

What's to get over is for you to get over your bias against DM. It began in October with you and evidently is still there. I'm fairly new here and reading into your past a bit makes it seems that your are mostly a reasonable, likeable and respected fan of the Jazz. Your DM reactions puzzling though. Get over it!

Lol

You think I have a bias against Mitchell because I said he couldn't shoot worth **** during his first 10 or so games?

Problems with reality much?

Gtfoh.

Lol

You think I have a bias against Mitchell because I said he couldn't shoot worth **** during his first 10 or so games?

Problems with reality much?

Gtfoh.

Not because of that but because you then sabatoged the post game threads and made all about you and your bias against DM.

His dunk wasn't the dunk of the year. Get over it
Seems like it was nominated for dunk of the year though. I would assume that means that it was a bad *** dunk.

Here is a dunk really jumping over the other player. GAs dunk was just a fluke. LBJ played this one right over the guy. He meant it. That is a statement, not an accident.

Good lord, king james indeed

Seems like it was nominated for dunk of the year though. I would assume that means that it was a bad *** dunk.
It was a great dunk, like I said. I mean, I guess it could be dunk of the year, but in my humble and always right opinion, it wasn't that amazing for an in game, NBA dunk. This is not ******** on Mitchell either. Just my two cents.

Threadsss.

And the bias against him is still with you today. So what's up that? You're obviously not a troll. Yet you conveniently forget what you posted about him to begin his career. It would be better to just admit that you were wrong.

Pretty subjective stuff. Trey Lyle's dunk on Tatum would be #2 if balls on the defenders head was a thing. If disrespecting the opponent, DM will never stand a chance.

DMs dunk was supreme because it came out of nowhere, and in the faces of a stunned Lakers nation.
Yeah, but Lyles only got his balls on his head because he hung on the rim.

Man sometimes the depth of your idiocy shocks me. Take the other guy out of the picture and does the dunk change at all? No. It was just happenstance the guy ran past him as he jumped. Yes, GA can jump. We all knew this. Take the other player out of the mix and this is just another dunk from GA. Put Ball in front of DM on his dunk and you have nearly the same situation. So one step one way or another by a player that had no impact on the dunk makes it otherwordly? I want what you been smoking.
Are you kidding me? The guy was there. He jumped over him. That is the dunk.

Guys there are a lot of NBA breakaway dunks in garbage time that are windmills or 360s, which are technically harder than any dunk here. That doesnt make them great dunks. In-game dunks are about the obstacles in your way of getting to the rim and dunking on them.

Giannis jumped over someone.

Guys there are a lot of NBA breakaway dunks in garbage time that are windmills or 360s, which are technically harder than any dunk here. That doesnt make them great dunks. In-game dunks are about the obstacles in your way of getting to the rim and dunking on them.

Giannis jumped over someone.

And DM crashed the rebound through THREE Lakers.

Yeah, and it's rightfully in the top 5. No one attempted to box him out tho.

What defensive play exactly did Hardaway Jr do on the Giannis dunk? He didn't attempt to take a charge that's for sure. He just backed into G a little and sort of ducked.

It was a great play. Full head of steam, a great jump and an overall beast of a jam, but Hardaway was a traffic cone.

What defensive play exactly did Hardaway Jr do on the Giannis dunk? He didn't attempt to take a charge that's for sure. He just backed into G a little and sort of ducked.

It was a great play. Full head of steam, a great jump and an overall beast of a jam, but Hardaway was a traffic cone.

Giannis jumped over him. If Donovan literally jumped over Lonzo, we would be freaking out. Jumping over a guy vs jumping really high next to a guy matters.

How are we downplaying this?

Giannis jumped over him. If Donovan literally jumped over Lonzo, we would be freaking out. Jumping over a guy vs jumping really high next to a guy matters.

Why can't you just say DM had the best dunk bruh? This doesn't matter.

Giannis jumped over him.

Downplaying it? No it's easily top 5. Monster jump. (But the award isn't for monster jump of the year). Unbelievable power dunk. Maybe it wins.

He had time to anticipate the play though. And it was a puff lob from Middleton.

DM's dunk was more of a bam-bam play. Which took more timing and coordination. Similar, but not nearly on the same level, as Ronaldo's bicycle kick goal.

Downplaying it? No it's easily top 5. Monster jump. (But the award isn't for monster jump of the year). Unbelievable power dunk. Maybe it wins.

He had time to anticipate the play though. And it was a puff lob from Middleton.

DM's dunk was more of a bam-bam play. Which took more timing and coordination. Similar, but not nearly on the same level, as Ronaldo's bicycle kick goal.
Yeah, but none of that is as impressive as jumping over someone.