What's new

The Jazz, David Lee, and Golden State

Lol. Thanks for putting words in my mouth.

I said one of the best. GS has the #1 offense and the #2 defense in the NBA. Only the 72 win Bulls have done that. They have the best shooting backcourt ever. Their defense is unreal.

Yes, they are one of the best of all time.

how about you wait until they win a few championships before you crown them one of the greatest of all-time.

The Warriors are apparently planning to pursue Durant in free agency next year. Just to add some perspective. Anyone still want to help them?

The Warriors are apparently planning to pursue Durant in free agency next year. Just to add some perspective. Anyone still want to help them?

I can't fathom anyone wanting to help that POS franchise. I need to bump my "GS sucks" thread. We helped them clear space and land Iguodala in that Randy Foye trade for a second round pick. Personally, I'd have gotten more satisfaction from setting that **** on fire and watching it burn than getting a second round pick. That franchised screwed is hard and this should not be forgotten for at least a decade.

We have their 1st-rd pick in 2017. We don't really want it to be #30. I don't think we're the team that wants to help them clean their books to retain Green and sign Durant.

Trading for Lee and Barnes will not help or hurt GS in getting Durrant. The cap will jump too much, and Lee will be gone after next summer anyways. Also, if Durrant will sign with GS but you can't because of Barnes...that's a quick trade for a Burke level player or just renounce his rights.

We shouldn't cut off our own nose to spite GS. It won't work. If they want Durrant and he wants them, he will end up there no matter what we do or don't do with him.

Trading for Lee and Barnes will not help or hurt GS in getting Durrant. The cap will jump too much, and Lee will be gone after next summer anyways. Also, if Durrant will sign with GS but you can't because of Barnes...that's a quick trade for a Burke level player or just renounce his rights.

We shouldn't cut off our own nose to spite GS. It won't work. If they want Durrant and he wants them, he will end up there no matter what we do or don't do with him.

So if they couldn't re-sign Barnes because they got Durant, whyu not just go after him then? Why give them pick(s) and/or players?

Taking David Lee off their cap and giving them an asset for Harrison Barnes (whom they've been trying to trade for a while) only helps GS build a better team next year to attract Durant in free agency.

Taking David Lee off their cap and giving them an asset for Harrison Barnes (whom they've been trying to trade for a while) only helps GS build a better team next year to attract Durant in free agency.

If Durrant goes to GS, it's to play with Curry and Thompson. This summer won't change that.

This sucks, they could easily afford him in 2016/17 and looks like the clearest path for him to get a ring.

This sucks, they could easily afford him in 2016/17 and looks like the clearest path for him to get a ring.

Yup. So we have to build a team to combat that, irrelevant of what GS does. They are in a great position and will be for the next forever. They have set themselves up right.

Yup. So we have to build a team to combat that, irrelevant of what GS does. They are in a great position and will be for the next forever. They have set themselves up right.

If we draft Looney he has the length to at least bother Durant's shot and maybe can stay in front of him. It's looking ahead far but something that must be considered.

Lee is a borderline all-star? Lmao. Do some of you even watch basketball? He plays no defense!

Got me, I don't watch basketball. I must have imagined seeing him play in the 2013 Allstar game, but heck, that was 27 months ago. (by the way, he wasn't playing much D that year either).

Got me, I don't watch basketball. I must have imagined seeing him play in the 2013 Allstar game, but heck, that was 27 months ago. (by the way, he wasn't playing much D that year either).

There is a difference between is ans was. Even in his AS year it is debatable whether he helps his team win.

What if we just package the OKC and GSW picks for KD and catch them all off guard?

Anyone notice Barnes' D on Randolph last game? Barnes is a hidden gem on GS. He would be huge for us. I stand by my trade idea. I think #12 and Burke would be an absolute steal for Barnes and Lee.