What's new

The market for Enes Kanter

Hedda Gambler

This off season the following team have the cap space to sign Enes Kanter to a max or near max deal without moving any of their pieces:

Philadelphia
New York
Milwaukee
Lakers
Boston
Orlando

Philly have Embiid and Noel. New York are going after way bigger fish than Enes - so are the Lakers. Boston have plenty of young, promising forwards and Orlando have Vucevic who they really don`t want to pair with Enes. I`m not sure how Enes would fit with Jabari Parker, but Milwaukee seem to be the only team in real need of a big that could offer him a lot of money.

There are other teams that could create cap space, but if they do, Enes Kanter would not be their first choice to spend on. I don`t see San Antonio replacing Duncan with Enes Kanter, Dallas Chandler with him or Memphic Gasol.

So - who are going to make him this ridicoulous offer we are talking about all the time? The Knicks? The Lakers.

So thats the one million dollar question. I have no clue if there is a market for Enes.Maybe Hornets (If Big Al declines his PO) and the Hawks or Pistons if Monroe leaves them?depending on Millsap. It's maybe too early to answer.

Of course the knicks and the lakers wants to get bigger fishes but i doubt if they could land them. They have nothing thats promising success. Kobes Career is in jeopardy but he will still get paid. If Marc Gasol wants to be succesfull from the beginning and without question marks he wont sign with the Knicks. Are Marc Gasol and Carmelo enough to be a contender? Either he stays in Memphis or signs with the Spurs. If he is just after money he will take the check from the big apple....

So thats the one million dollar question. I have no clue if there is a market for Enes.Maybe Hornets (If Big Al declines his PO) and the Hawks or Pistons if Monroe leaves them?depending on Millsap. It's maybe too early to answer.

Of course the knicks and the lakers wants to get bigger fishes but i doubt if they could land them. They have nothing thats promising success. Kobes Career is in jeopardy but he will still get paid. If Marc Gasol wants to be succesfull from the beginning and without question marks he wont sign with the Knicks. Are Marc Gasol and Carmelo enough to be a contender? Either he stays in Memphis or signs with the Spurs. If he is just after money he will take the check from the big apple....
Lol.. Enes gon git way more than a million. Watch and see.

Rule out the Hawks. Bad fit, those guys like to pass the ball....

It's much more likely that he goes Monroe and plays this out to become unrestricted. I dont see the money being there is coming off season.

And who are they going to give away to make room for him?

I've been wondering if Brooklyn would consider Burke and Kanter for Jack? I'm sure they want to get younger and think they may do it.

Would we though? They have virtually no picks to offer. And I feel like we could do better.

I'm a big Jack fan though.

I've been wondering if Brooklyn would consider Burke and Kanter for Jack? I'm sure they want to get younger and think they may do it.

Would we though? They have virtually no picks to offer. And I feel like we could do better.

You`re so desperate to get rid of Kanter that you`d just give him away for a back up PG - a nice one though - that we could easily find on the open market if we wanted to?

We had better be getting more than Jarrett jack if we are trading kanter and Burke. We need some picks.

i have another guess.the pelicans should have enough capspace to give enes plenty of money when asik is a free agent. Big rotation of Davis, Kanter, Anderson and Whitey seems pretty cool. If the jazz keep enes till the summer they will have the last say and its gonna be so exciting because its a 50/50 situation. in gordons case it was clear that the jazz gonna keep him...

I don't think it is likely that someone else will offer kanter $10 M per... Just can't see the fit out there. There's a 75% chance he just accepts the QO imo. There may be a chance the Jazz resign him for 8-10 M per but I'm not sure he'd take it.

If anyone offers him close to max they are crazy.

Good post. I don't do it though since I think kanter (a pretty good, upside having, young big) is more coveted than jack (an older, mediocre, low ceiling small)

i have another guess.the pelicans should have enough capspace to give enes plenty of money when asik is a free agent. Big rotation of Davis, Kanter, Anderson and Whitey seems pretty cool. If the jazz keep enes till the summer they will have the last say and its gonna be so exciting because its a 50/50 situation. in gordons case it was clear that the jazz gonna keep him...

Nope. Even if they renounce Asik, they`l have about 60 million tied up in 6 players + draft picks and cap holds. If Eric Gordon were to opt out they would have the space, but there is absolutely no chance that he is doing that.