What's new

The market for Enes Kanter

No team is going to give us a young guard/wing who can shoot and defend for Enes. Noone is giving us a good draft pick either. At the most we`re getting a serviceable veteran and/or an expiring pluss a late 1st rounder. We don`t need any more late picks so I guess this all comes down to whether you think keeping Enes is bad for the team or not. I think it is way too early to give up on him and unless he gets an insane offer this off season, I hope we`re keeping him around.

another possibility a small salary dump by another team for kanter dont we have 4mil breathing space?

And what`s in it for us?
If it's gonna be a 4 million breathing space for this side, then you are looking for a 1-2 million worth veteran or off the DLeague struggler. Go for the one who can shoot. Anyone can defend up to some level if they are willing to. And for that they need a good coach to kick their ***.

The Nuggs stink and may want to get younger. Would you do Kanter for Afflalo?
I would do it, tank be damned.

Unless afflalo is an ufa.
Also is afflalo a nugget currently? That dude seems to bounce around alot considering that he seems to be regarded as a pretty good player.

I would do it, tank be damned.

Unless afflalo is an ufa.
Also is afflalo a nugget currently? That dude seems to bounce around alot considering that he seems to be regarded as a pretty good player.

Yep, he's there. He's got this year and next left on his contract making about 7M per so it's not like we'd be tied to him long-term on a bad deal either. Burks could then be instant offense off the bench.

But Burke, Exum, Afflalo, Burks, Hayward, Hood + potential 1st rounder is just waaaaaay to many wings.

Yep, he's there. He's got this year and next left on his contract making about 7M per so it's not like we'd be tied to him long-term on a bad deal either. Burks could then be instant offense off the bench.

But Burke, Exum, Afflalo, Burks, Hayward, Hood + potential 1st rounder is just waaaaaay to many wings.
I would do that trade

I don't consider trey and exum too be wings either so it would not be a logjam.

Also, maybe we could use our pick to replace kanter with towns

Dante trey
Afflalo burks
Hayward hood
Favors towns booker
Gobert favors

That trade may even help the tank a little or at least not hurt the tank since we would probably have to play evans alot more in the rotation and play favors out of position more (center)

Plus kanter is a good player in his own right so losing him would hurt us a little though upgrading afflalo for millsap or ingles would cancel out losing kanter.

All in all I think our tank would remain at about the same strength.

I like that trade

Dante trey
Afflalo burks
Hayward hood
Favors towns booker
Gobert favors

Take Hood out of the equation and that's five guys playing just 28.8 minutes per game. We need Hayward to be playing at least 32 so that's more like 28 flat per game. I guess that's possible but then Hood isn't playing at all.

That trade may even help the tank a little or at least not hurt the tank since we would probably have to play evans alot more in the rotation and play favors out of position more (center)

Plus kanter is a good player in his own right so losing him would hurt us a little though upgrading afflalo for millsap or ingles would cancel out losing kanter.

All in all I think our tank would remain at about the same strength.

I like that trade

This is very true.

Take Hood out of the equation and that's five guys playing just 28.8 minutes per game. We need Hayward to be playing at least 32 so that's more like 28 flat per game. I guess that's possible but then Hood isn't playing at all.
Too bad for hood I guess..... not like he is ever healthy anyway, but if he isn't good enough to crack the rotation then that just means that we are loaded at the wings. A good problem to have

Plus he was a late first rounder....... lots of late first rounders don't play alot

I stopped reading halfway through this thread. All I saw posited was ridiculous trades for washed up players. Crazy. Stupid.

Nothing more to say.

This is Afflalo's last year of his contract - next season he's a UFA. His contract was 5 years - $36,712,500

I think that he will be traded. It would be really stupid to let him walk without anything in return. The difficult part would be trading him for someone with a similar contract that has similar talent/potential talent that is feasible. Ideally you want so acquire someone that could come off the bench and make a big difference. The depth of our bench is weak and that is definitely an area we would want to strengthen. Kanter's contract is 5.7 million. It makes sense to bring in a 3rd team and/or multiple players in the deal.
If you go Kanter for X straight up, you have to worry about the contract and is the player your bringing in, willing to come off the bench and be ok with that role?
We're very limited with options player for player.
Maybe Timofey Mozgov? (4.6 million/ current year + 1 remaining)

Another option that would work is Kanter and A. Burks to LAL in exchange for Nick Young and Steve Nash's 4.9 million dollar trade exemption. It would be better than losing good talent for nothing, and it would work even though LAL is over the cap