What's new

The market for Enes Kanter

Well, there's also salary to be considered. Pay Enes $10-$15M and that's about all you can do. Utah hasplenty of room under the tax this year and next, but that really disappears in years 3 and 4 of Kanter's deal.

Except the cap is expected to jump to around 90 million after next season.

Thats a good question. I think its kinda like the deal for DLee from GS. Yes Affalo would make our backcourt much stronger and hes a solid wing defender with a reliable long ball. I worry though Aaron has only a few good years left and will start to break down just when our core(insert your # here) is reaching there prime growth as a group.

Plus you would need to concider what kind of message that move would send Alec after we just signed his big ext and is now struggeling. The mentality of these guys is very important. Not all were born with the stubborn ftw attitude we saw in MJ, Kobe, Iverson. Some need the kiddie gloves.

All in all I say we keep Kanter. I mean just look at the improvment hes made these last two seasons. Hes a solid big. Hes a guy that can give you 15,10 and has a promising long ball in development. He is in my opinion a pretty rare commodity and since we are still in rebuilding mode its perfect time to retain Kanter and see where his ceiling really is. I think its pretty high.

Keep Kanter!!!
Just want to say.... I don't think we need to worry about Alec Burks confidence or attitude.

I would hate for someone to come here and take his minutes but he would still have his swagger and confidence imo

Kevin Pelton said he thinks that Kanter should get 3 years and $15 million...

.....but I honestly can't tell if he means $15mm total, or $15mm per year.

Neither makes much sense to me.

Kevin Pelton said he thinks that Kanter should get 3 years and $15 million...

.....but I honestly can't tell if he means $15mm total, or $15mm per year.

Neither makes much sense to me.
Ya wtf. 5 Per year? Retarded. 15 per year? Retarded.

I think he must mean 15 per year though

15 million is possible, however unlikely. 5 million is not possible. Utah will pay him more than that even if nobody else offered him a contract. The QO is 7.4 million, and Utah doesn't want Kanter to take that to become a UFA in one year. They want him on a reasonable multi-year deal.

Wasn't Pelton the dude who said Gordon shouldn't get more than 8 per in FA? Can't really remember if he was it but some "expert" was saying that. And I'm quite sure he was that but couldn't find it on his twitter TL.

15 per fo Enes would obviously be ridiculous but 5 per doesn't make any sense considering he would make way more with the QO.