What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

I was there when DLO hit a game winning SL shot for the Lakers….unbelievable amounts of douche energy after that. As a neutral it was fun as hell to be there though haha.
I was there for Lonzo Ball and it was palpable. Still a good time and so fun if they lose.

I'm suspicious of OKCs record, and small search comfirmed that there is some hot air:
  • They have been 7-3 on the road shooting 43.6% from 3 as a team in those games which has had a huge impact on their overall record (as they are just 6-4 at home). Both that type of road win/loss ratio and their 3P% on the road are not sustainable, especially now that Giddey is causing the boo birds to flock. Their home record is likely going to be better at the end though.
  • They are 15-5 ATS. Thats even better than the most surprising team Magic (15-6). I mean people did expect OKC to be much improved so its not like they are completely blindsiding Vegas like we did last year.
  • They lead the NBA in 3P% at 39.6% but shouldnt based on their shooting talent. Its a mad collective effort from their bench that is skewing the stats. None of their starters (SGA, Giddey, Dort, Williams, Chet) shoot individually above their team average from 3 (only Dort shoots over 38%), but get this, they got 8 bench guys shooting 40% or better.
Now their schedule is piling up some home games during December (they have 9 at home and 3 on the road until Jan 2nd), but then its going to turn absolutely brutal. From Jan 2 to Jan 31 they play 17 games in 30 days of which 11 are on the road. That includes 5 back to backs with travel in between every one of them except in the LA double header.

Last edited:
I'm suspicious of OKCs record, and small search comfirmed that there is some hot air:
  • They have been 7-3 on the road shooting 43.6% from 3 as a team in those games which has had a huge impact on their overall record (as they are just 6-4 at home). Both that type of road win/loss ratio and their 3P% on the road are not sustainable, especially now that Giddey is causing the boo birds to flock. Their home record is likely going to be better at the end though.
  • They are 15-5 ATS. Thats even better than the most surprising team Magic (15-6). I mean people did expect OKC to be much improved so its not like they are completely blindsiding Vegas like we did last year.
  • They lead the NBA in 3P% at 39.6% but shouldnt based on their shooting talent. Its a mad collective effort from their bench that is skewing the stats. None of their starters (SGA, Giddey, Dort, Williams, Chet) shoot individually above their team average from 3 (only Dort shoots over 38%), but get this, they got 8 bench guys shooting 40% or better.
Now their schedule is piling up some home games during December (they have 9 at home and 3 on the road until Jan 2nd), but then its going to turn absolutely brutal. From Jan 2 to Jan 31 they play 17 games in 30 days of which 11 are on the road. That includes 5 back to backs with travel in between every one of them except in the LA double header.

Wait, the magic are 15-6?

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I dont know if this has been discussed but Zion Williamson looks fat. They have a great team and could be contenders but he just doesn't seem to care.

It was clear the 23-year-old did not look in tip-top shape during Thursday's In-Season Tournament semifinals, when he scored just 13 points and struggled to quickly move up and down the floor. Meanwhile, 38-year-old LeBron James, in his 21st NBA season, dropped 30.

According to The Times-Picayune, the Pelicans have "repeatedly" told the 2019 first overall pick his diet and conditioning need to improve, but he "doesn't listen."