What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Imagine the meltdown on here if it was Conley instead of Paul.
not really. we are better equipped this time. we have Forrest and butler and maybe NAW. Forrest is a defensive upgrade in terms of size and youth. last year we had mudiay who will dribble 12 seconds to nowhere then pass.

Damn. Hope this is nothing serious. I love watching Ja play.

Memphis lost tonight. Jazz are only 2 games back in the Loss column. Catching the Grizzlies is definitely doable, but the Jazz need to probably go 19-6 or better.

Memphis lost tonight. Jazz are only 2 games back in the Loss column. Catching the Grizzlies is definitely doable, but the Jazz need to probably go 19-6 or better.
At this point I dont really want to see the Jazz push hard for better seeding. If they could get to a top 2 seed that might be worth it, but not if we arent healthy.

I just want us playing well overall and very healthy for the playoffs.

At this point I dont really want to see the Jazz push hard for better seeding. If they could get to a top 2 seed that might be worth it, but not if we arent healthy.

I really struggle with this. I mean if the Jazz can stay in the 4 spot I'm fine with it. But I think seeding matters. I know the Jazz were 1 seed last year and it didn't do much for us, and that was because of health. I know both things matter. In today's NBA load management is part of the game and the Jazz need to do it just as much as any other team.

I'll take a 100% healthy Jazz with homecourt in the first round over any other option that involves an injured rotation player.

I think playoff matchups are going to matter for the Jazz. If we can get a #3/#6 matchup with Dallas, followed by Golden State in the 2nd round, we might reach the WCF.

Doesn't much matter. Dallas and Denver may be trying to either win/lose down the stretch in order to face us in the first round anyway. Then if we get past that matchup it's either Phoenix or Golden State (or Clips/Lakers if either manage to get things together enough to pull the upset). Not a big difference.

I can only fathom matchup angling in the last 3-4 game of the season, at the most.

Elijah Hughes is DNP-CD after just 3 games with the Blazers. He may be behind Ben McLemore in the rotation.

Edit: Nevermind. Blazers just put him in down 30 pts in the 4th quarter.

Suns get blown out tonight. Jazz have a great opportunity on Sunday.

Suns are without 3 point guards (CP3, Payne, Holiday), and are relying on Booker to run PG, and when he goes out, Elfrid Payton is the option.

Jazz have a chance to blow the Suns out Sunday and send the Suns and the league a message. Make the Suns doubt themselves heading down the stretch without CP3.

Should CP3's MVP chances rise if the Suns turn mediocre in his absence? Not expecting a major decline by the Suns, but I think he should be getting more MVP love than he's getting, regardless.

Should CP3's MVP chances rise if the Suns turn mediocre in his absence? Not expecting a major decline by the Suns, but I think he should be getting more MVP love than he's getting, regardless.
Did you watch the Pelicans blwo them out?

Jazz should beat this Suns team without 3 point guards by 10+ in Phoenix on Sunday. They have an opportunity to make a statement. This time, the Suns are injured, and the Jazz are not. Send a message.

Last year we finished in 4th place.
Right now we are in 12th place.
It is not funny.

By the way, I see the Jazz right now are sitting in 4th place.
Get ready next year for a 12th place finish.
12th? The first number in 12 is 1. Looking at the standings, I thought you were in first place. Could have fooled me.

Did you watch the Pelicans blwo them out?

Jazz should beat this Suns team without 3 point guards by 10+ in Phoenix on Sunday. They have an opportunity to make a statement. This time, the Suns are injured, and the Jazz are not. Send a message.
But is that really a message? And what is the message, “We can beat you when your top three point guards are out.”? It’s kind of like saying, “I can beat you with one hand tied behind YOUR back.”

But is that really a message? And what is the message, “We can beat you when your top three point guards are out.”? It’s kind of like saying, “I can beat you with one hand tied behind YOUR back.”
The Suns have gone 5-0 against the Jazz the last 2 seasons.

I don't care if the Suns have their 3 top PGs out - if the Jazz are a top team, they should double and blitz Booker on every possession. Make his life absolutely miserable - beat him up, make him frustrated, and go into Phoenix and beat them by 10+.

If the Jazz win convincingly, and make the Suns start 1-2 without CP3, they'll have doubt kick in that they won't be able to stay afloat without their leader.

They have a golden opportunity tomorrow - the Suns have been extremely lucky with injuries. Not tomorrow.