What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

That’s certainly interesting, especially with recent stigma against a few players going straight into a HC role without any other experience. The thing that gave guys like Kidd and Nash the nod is that they were quarterbacks, among the best in history. That’s not to say that being that type of person as a player does or doesn’t make a good coach, but a lot of things that beefed up both those guys’ résumés and advanced them straight to HC isn’t relevant at all with Redick. Though I do believe Nash was involved with GSW in some capacity before hand.

That’s certainly interesting, especially with recent stigma against a few players going straight into a HC role without any other experience. The thing that gave guys like Kidd and Nash the nod is that they were quarterbacks, among the best in history. That’s not to say that being that type of person as a player does or doesn’t make a good coach, but a lot of things that beefed up both those guys’ résumés and advanced them straight to HC isn’t relevant at all with Redick. Though I do believe Nash was involved with GSW in some capacity before hand.
Maybe I’m lazy but I’d probably take the cushy ESPN job for a while before doing the coaching thing… that stuffs a stressful grind. Especially if I’d made a bunch of money already as a player.

He thinks he deserves it over SGA? Make your team better bro.
Bit of an off-base comment here. Cavs were better this year than last, despite giving up to significant depth to get him, so he did make them better in the regular season. SGA was probably more deserving overall, but I can respect the fire (assuming that was the source).

Bit of an off-base comment here. Cavs were better this year than last, despite giving up to significant depth to get him, so he did make them better in the regular season. SGA was probably more deserving overall, but I can respect the fire (assuming that was the source).
The fire of needing to whine a bit about getting a better spot on an All-NBA team?

Not really. They had almost an identical winning % last year before they got hit with injuries.

I feel like Danny sneaks into the deal and low key steals an asset just for fun.
Like when the Knicks trade they send out Quickley and we snatch him up for giving one of the Minny picks back to Minny... then Quickley becomes an all-star and @KqWIN becomes insufferable.