What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Those Bucks fans sitting behind the TNT broadcasters… lol. It’s like the broadcast is merely background noise and the fan background noise is the broadcast.

I thought Orlando should’ve played Jingles late in that 4th. Would’ve been another ball handler and shooter rather than just see Paolo chuck prayer after prayer.

Simmons made an all star game. Fultz messed his shoulder up after summer league and was never the same lol. Even after that they just keep Jimmy and the can roll. You can’t say Embiid was just luck and the other stuff wasn’t. Sorry.
Don't forget Simmons as the only multiple ROY winner in NBA history!

The overreaction to way too little sample size that I had during the ORL/CLE game was that the Cavs should put the ball in Garland's hands to close games. The drive and dish to Mobley for the game winner was way better than what I think Don would have come up with.

FWIW, I still enjoy watching Donovan play.

Yep. Banchero is a ****ing beast and will eventually be a top 5 player in the nba.

He's on track for sure. If you look at 2nd year players who are doing what he's doing this year, I'm guessing the list is pretty short and filled with guys who were top 10 players when they played.

Man, a lot of criticism of Orlando and Banchero, but I thought they played great. The Magic lost by one point on the road and Banchero (whos only 21 years old) had 39 pts on 58/57/88 shooting splits. Tough crowd.
Their offense is just such a clogged toilet at times. Down the stretch he took some awful shots and the ball did not move at all. Not necessarily his fault but I hope the gameplan at the end wasn’t just go at Mobley one on one and hopefully make the toughest shots imaginable. With Garland and Don on the court I’d think you’d try and find them on that end and punish them ya know.

Their offense is just such a clogged toilet at times. Down the stretch he took some awful shots and the ball did not move at all. Not necessarily his fault but I hope the gameplan at the end wasn’t just go at Mobley one on one and hopefully make the toughest shots imaginable. With Garland and Don on the court I’d think you’d try and find them on that end and punish them ya know.

Some of the decision making was bad, but you also look at age and obviously some of that is on coaching too. I remember Banchero made at least one shot over Donovan in the clutch, so they were at least trying to go at him a little. If I was an Orlando fan I would be pretty encouraged.

I didn't say Embiid was just luck. I'm saying you gotta do better than hit one of the 8 or so lottery picks you've had. Else everything is bad luck. Okafor being garbage is bad luck.
Hah… Okafor was the guy I wanted most when I left on my mission and first thought, “wow, has ‘The Process’ really been going on that long?”

Then I realized we weren’t talking about Emeka because I totally forgot about Jahlil.

Some of the decision making was bad, but you also look at age and obviously some of that is on coaching too. I remember Banchero made at least one shot over Donovan in the clutch, so they were at least trying to go at him a little. If I was an Orlando fan I would be pretty encouraged.
Oh I think he’s good. It was mostly an indictment on the coaching and just lack of any spacers. I like when Franz had the ball and they ran a screen action for an open jumper for Paolo. It was just the iso ram it down Mobley’s throat approach that was maddening. One or two respectable shooters would change their world on that end.

Banchero is a top 5 potential player for people who love scorers/"hooper's hoopers"

He just isn't that great overall and I don't think he ever will be. Top 20 at his peak type player.

Oh I think he’s good. It was mostly an indictment on the coaching and just lack of any spacers. I like when Franz had the ball and they ran a screen action for an open jumper for Paolo. It was just the iso ram it down Mobley’s throat approach that was maddening. One or two respectable shooters would change their world on that end.
And a PG