What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Agreed. I really enjoyed that series
I think the Knicks vs pacers will be very fun as well.
Knicks are just a fun, scrappy, high effort, low ego team. I'm rooting for them

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
Agree 100%. And well-coached. I'm rooting for them as well.

Tobias is the expect at getting checks. He’s made $250M in his career. I expect him to get $25M a year to be a Piston.

I don’t even want to mention it…but yeah the Jazz could be in the Harris “sweepstakes”.

Tobias is the expect at getting checks. He’s made $250M in his career. I expect him to get $25M a year to be a Piston.

I don’t even want to mention it…but yeah the Jazz could be in the Harris “sweepstakes”.
Nah… the John Collins trade at least saved us from jumping in here. If we keep Lauri he gets extended and we won’t have the space. If we trade Lauri we don’t want Harris. Maybe if he’s like 15M per year… and at that price… whatevs. I can see him being solid and having some value.

Nah… the John Collins trade at least saved us from jumping in here. If we keep Lauri he gets extended and we won’t have the space. If we trade Lauri we don’t want Harris. Maybe if he’s like 15M per year… and at that price… whatevs. I can see him being solid and having some value.

Depends on how much of a bump we give Lauri....I think it was $12-15M to allow him to get the full 30% extension years. Keith Smith has us at $38M in cap space including our draft picks.

Depends on how much of a bump we give Lauri....I think it was $12-15M to allow him to get the full 30% extension years. Keith Smith has us at $38M in cap space including our draft picks.
I think it’s closer to 17 for Lauri. Also a caphold for Dunn. Functional space in the 15M range.

Is there anyone out there that could be the next Brunson? I.E. underutilized player that could have a huge bump with increased usage?

Despite the fact that we have Collins and Hendricks? I think that would be a mistake.

I was actually thinking about him, lol.

Here are a few names from the 2020 draft:
- Isaiah Joe
- Aaron Nesmith
- Payton Pritchard

It looks like Isaiah Joe is the only one on this list that doesn't have a longer term contract. I've watched him enough to know that he could definitely take on a larger offensive role. Maybe OKC feels like they are going to have too many mouths to feed and is willing to let him walk (I doubt it). He's actually a pretty decent defender for his size as well.

Not saying these guys are the next Brunson, but they are guys in less than ideal situation, second draft guys, or may have better luck somewhere else IMO. I'm being VERY generous on some of these guys.

Sexton
Towns
Lavine
DJ Murray
Simons
Kuminga
Giddey
Jalen Green
Moody
Jalen Smith
Jarace Walker
Okongwu
Jaden Ivey
Keldon Johnson
Bitzade
Mo Wagner

I gotta admit, I love the way Mitchell is playing this game.

Attacking the rim very relentlessly, keeping the heroball shots to a minimum.

Man, a lot of criticism of Orlando and Banchero, but I thought they played great. The Magic lost by one point on the road and Banchero (whos only 21 years old) had 39 pts on 58/57/88 shooting splits. Tough crowd.
Ant was chucking at an insane level during his first series with Minnesota against the Grizzlies -- one of the major reasons they lost was his inclination to keep chucking instead of creating for others. Look at him now. Give Banchero time, he'll figure it out.

- George

Donovan is incredible, but this full on hero ball clearly isn’t a winning formula. The storyline for this game should be that his teammates only got 3 shots in the 4th quarter.

I gotta admit, I love the way Mitchell is playing this game.

Attacking the rim very relentlessly, keeping the heroball shots to a minimum.
Well this aged really poorly.

From the 11:24 mark of the 4th quarter to the 8 second mark, the Cavs had 2 shot attempts from players who are not Mitchell.