What's new

The official 2018 summer league roster thread

There about five Aussies ahead of you that weren't drafted. Sorry younger and fewer injuries.
You haven’t even heard my measurables or how well I preform the Jazz 100. Not to mention my interview skills. Guaranteed I can bring some things these 61st picks can’t.

You haven’t even heard my measurables or how well I preform the Jazz 100. Not to mention my interview skills. Guaranteed I can bring some things these 61st picks can’t.

gonna need to see the hand pads and balance beam routine, but I think I'm on board.

This is the most stacked starting lineup in Jazz summer league history. Not the most talented, but 4/5ths of them played most of last year together on the stars + a 4 year college star.

They should actually be able to play like a functional team.

Kelan Martin has some potential as an instant offense guy off the bench.

Malcolm Hill former UI player. Could always score but was bad defender. Saw they say he dropped 15 pounds cuz he was playing chubby in college. So maybe that improved his defense. He can stroke the ball

And Kelan Martin is interesting. To me he is most likely in need of a year in the G-League. He has to either lose a lot of weight if he wants to be a NBA 3, or he has to get much tougher and expand his game outside of scoring to be a NBA 4. In college he played more of a Carmello style. Not really good at anything outside of shooting and scoring. Really used his size to his advantage in college.

And Kelan Martin is interesting. To me he is most likely in need of a year in the G-League. He has to either lose a lot of weight if he wants to be a NBA 3, or he has to get much tougher and expand his game outside of scoring to be a NBA 4. In college he played more of a Carmello style. Not really good at anything outside of shooting and scoring. Really used his size to his advantage in college.

Not sure if you mentioned it, and I know we didn’t draft him, but would you have been happy if we had kept 52 and drafted Vince Edwards ourselves?

Not sure if you mentioned it, and I know we didn’t draft him, but would you have been happy if we had kept 52 and drafted Vince Edwards ourselves?
I dont know **** about Vince Edwards so idk. The late 2nd round guy I was most intrigued by where Derrickson and Martin, so I was pretty pleased when they signed Martin.

I dont know **** about Vince Edwards so idk. The late 2nd round guy I was most intrigued by where Derrickson and Martin, so I was pretty pleased when they signed Martin.

Edwards was a jacked 6’8” with a 7’0” wingspan and shot 51.8% from 2, 39.2% from 3, and 82% from the line for his career along with 5.6 rebounds and 2.9 assists. Supposedly tough as ****. Just seemed like he’d be great addition to play some 3/4 and I imagine he’ll take Moute’s place.

Edwards was a jacked 6’8” with a 7’0” wingspan and shot 51.8% from 2, 39.2% from 3, and 82% from the line for his career along with 5.6 rebounds and 2.9 assists. Supposedly tough as ****. Just seemed like he’d be great addition to play some 3/4 and I imagine he’ll take Moute’s place.
Yeah, idk. He came in for a workout, so I guess they werent too impressed with what they saw.