What's new

The official 2018 summer league roster thread

Niang is going with the Jazz to the award show tonight. I think they love him.
He is literally the perfect 4 for the Jazz but he is less athletic than Joe Ingles and doesnt have great size.

The Stars were a pathetic team, then Bradley got assigned there permanently when Gobert got healthy and they signed Niang to the 2-way deal. It completely changed the team.

Watching their games use to be brutal before Niang came.

He is literally the perfect 4 for the Jazz but he is less athletic than Joe Ingles and doesnt have great size.

The Stars were a pathetic team, then Bradley got assigned there permanently when Gobert got healthy and they signed Niang to the 2-way deal. It completely changed the team.

Niang is a wizard offensively. Scores from everywhere and is a great passer. Been too long since I've seen him to know if he can defend worth a lick, but I'd guess he's a pretty significant liability on that end.

One of my favorite things to watch is the guys like Joe that are so nonathletic but somehow keep collecting bodies. You know the other guy is just thinking WTF... this guy is given me buckets?

How many minutes did this lineup play last year and how was it in comparison to some of our other lineups?

Rubio-Mitchell-Ingles-Crowder-Gobert

How many minutes did this lineup play last year and how was it in comparison to some of our other lineups?

Rubio-Mitchell-Ingles-Crowder-Gobert

That was our best lineup all season between the five that played over 100 minutes.

+29.2 PTS compared to +11.4 PTS from the starting-five.

More FG, 3PT, FT (essentially better at everything except rebounding and turnovers).

Needless to say the starters did play 4x the amount of minutes.

That was our best lineup all season between the five that played over 100 minutes.

+29.2 PTS compared to +11.4 PTS from the starting-five.

More FG, 3PT, FT (essentially better at everything except rebounding and turnovers).

Needless to say the starters did play 4x the amount of minutes.

Yeah, I feel like if we go with this lineup with BJelly mixed in for Ingles and/or Crowder for a decent amount of minutes, we will have a great team.

I probably worry most about who's backing Rubio and Gobert up respectively. I don't want to sacrifice anything for the long-term but if we can really secure those spots without hurting our cap number for 2019, I feel like that's the difference between a 52 win team and a 58 win team.

I saw Aldridge play in the NCAAs vs. Kentucky. Kentucky won by 5 and Aldridge was less than impressive scoring 12 points on 4-17 shooting 1-9 from 3 with 3 rebounds. Kentucky did have 2 1st round picks on the floor.

Lets not kid ourselves. The best we will get out of undrafted summer league players is a decent role player at best, a la buckets.
Finding our future stretch 4... is a stretch.