What's new

The *OFFICIAL* Russia Is About To Invade Ukraine Thread

The potential for this to quickly spiral into a world war is escalating by the day… all it takes is a few mistakes…

I don’t think anyone is going to declare war over an embassy being blown up. But all it takes is a bad missile strike going off course and hitting Poland. An air strike hitting a NATO ship. Some dumbass reading the radar wrong…

Things can spiral out of control fast. That’s how World War I began…

What we're seeing here is additional proof in what I call the U.S. military's most underrated superpower... logistics.

Russia is struggling to get the right forces to the right positions with the right supplies to leverage its significant advantage in both quantity and firepower. This is something the U.S. military has shown extraordinary ability in going all the way back to the Persian Gulf War in the 90s, but refined and perfected so much that in the war in Iraq, during the initial offensive, the U.S. frequently told our allies to kindly just stay out of the way because they couldn't keep up with our advancement, our battlefield picture (the knowledge of where all our stuff was and where support and supplies needed to be before they were needed), and our ability to put forces in the right places as soon as they needed to be there for the best effectiveness.

I think the U.S. has put more thought and effort into logistics than anyone else in the world by an even bigger margin than we outspend them on our military hardware.

This is a top shelf post. I’m just trying to find out who’s using GF’s profile at home or via hacking.

What we're seeing here is additional proof in what I call the U.S. military's most underrated superpower... logistics.

Russia is struggling to get the right forces to the right positions with the right supplies to leverage its significant advantage in both quantity and firepower. This is something the U.S. military has shown extraordinary ability in going all the way back to the Persian Gulf War in the 90s, but refined and perfected so much that in the war in Iraq, during the initial offensive, the U.S. frequently told our allies to kindly just stay out of the way because they couldn't keep up with our advancement, our battlefield picture (the knowledge of where all our stuff was and where support and supplies needed to be before they were needed), and our ability to put forces in the right places as soon as they needed to be there for the best effectiveness.

I think the U.S. has put more thought and effort into logistics than anyone else in the world by an even bigger margin than we outspend them on our military hardware.

A mate from work has recently left the ADF, as a rifleman he was expected to carry a 50kg pack, up to 90kg if they was no prospect of supply. (packs are weighted by body weight, expectation is that a grunt will hump 50 to 100 percent.) By contrast American troops almost never carry a pack heavier that 35kg.

Immigration/asylum seeking is slavery?

And why should I be more outraged at our immigration policy than Russia threatening nuclear war, invading another country, and bombing kindergartens? I would certainly Hope everyone would be more upset with what’s happening in Eastern Europe. Thousands are being needlessly slaughtered, millions of lives are being disrupted, the entire liberal order is being rocked, and nuclear war is an existential threat to all of us.

A bloody war in Eastern Europe that has the potential of being a world war involving nukes is more important than you being angry over a few Latin Americans coming here to work you ****ing dotard
You misrepresent my comment. Nothing to do with legal immigration. Illegal immigration funds corrupt, lawless gangs who run drugs and children, and women. This is human tr4afficking. A crime by our laws, and anyone who does nothing to enforce our laws is in effect sanctioning this abuse. Most of the people who are br4ought here by the cartelsw are brought at a price that includes payments after they get here and get work. People who hire this..... factual slaves...... are supporting modern slavery.

You don't care about the human cost here, and you don't carry on any good conversation. If someone disagrees with you or your "agenda" you go straight to marginalizing, demeaning, and in various other ways reducing their value as humanity. The first step to worse than Putin.

You misrepresent my comment. Nothing to do with legal immigration. Illegal immigration funds corrupt, lawless gangs who run drugs and children, and women. This is human tr4afficking. A crime by our laws, and anyone who does nothing to enforce our laws is in effect sanctioning this abuse. Most of the people who are br4ought here by the cartelsw are brought at a price that includes payments after they get here and get work. People who hire this..... factual slaves...... are supporting modern slavery.

You don't care about the human cost here, and you don't carry on any good conversation. If someone disagrees with you or your "agenda" you go straight to marginalizing, demeaning, and in various other ways reducing their value as humanity. The first step to worse than Putin.

pull your head out dude. A potential world war is more important than whatever grievance you have against immigration. And human trafficking? What? Get off Facebook dude. Operation underground and Tim Ballard was so 2020.

Last edited:
Just swinging by to say that the article about Fiona Hill's impressions of Putin should be viewed as the most reliable source available to us.

I've read a LOT of books about Putin. He's absurdly hard to get a read on and his intentions are almost always opaque. One of the reasons a certain posters unqualified statements about what Putin wants, thinks, or would agree to are so ludicrous is because people who make watching Russia their entire profession struggle to understand the man.

All that said, Fiona Hill's book on Putin is the best one. And it's not even close. It starts all the way back with his parents experiences before he was born, how that affected their parental decisions, and how he responded to specific professional stresses in East Germany and in the St. Petersburg mayor's office. She builds a psychological profile based upon how different events changed him. It's the most complete picture of the guy I've ever seen, and its' been the most predictive of his behavior since he wrote it.

If she says he would use a nuke: you can't ignore that. That's a valid assessment by an expert.

The potential for this to quickly spiral into a world war is escalating by the day… all it takes is a few mistakes…

I don’t think anyone is going to declare war over an embassy being blown up. But all it takes is a bad missile strike going off course and hitting Poland. An air strike hitting a NATO ship. Some dumbass reading the radar wrong…

Things can spiral out of control fast. That’s how World War I began…

Man, this is some scary ****. Never thought I'd see anything like this in my lifetime.

This is pretty solid whataboutism even from you. Well done sir.

Man, this is some scary ****. Never thought I'd see anything like this in my lifetime.
You aren't old enough to remember nuclear attack drills in elementary school apparently. Growing up near Hill Air Force Base it was a constant reminder that it was a level 2 site, or something like that, meaning it was on the 2nd list of known attack targets so we would be seeing the missiles nearly as soon as DC would. So we grew up with that in the back of our minds most of the time, and drilling for the eventuality in school. As if hiding under your desk just a few miles from ground zero would actually do anything.

Not trying to discount the current situation at all. This is a situation we really have never seen, with someone taking unilateral action against a peaceful neighboring country with the threat of using nukes in the process. It is scary as hell.

I remember the Cuban missile crisis of 1962. Hiding under our school desks, as if that would have made a difference. Next door neighbors building a bomb shelter in their basement. Nerve wracking time…

Final text of a Russian soldier to his mom, who didn‘t even know he was in Ukraine…

”We were told they would welcome us….and they are throwing themselves under our wheels….”

Just swinging by to say that the article about Fiona Hill's impressions of Putin should be viewed as the most reliable source available to us.

I've read a LOT of books about Putin. He's absurdly hard to get a read on and his intentions are almost always opaque. One of the reasons a certain posters unqualified statements about what Putin wants, thinks, or would agree to are so ludicrous is because people who make watching Russia their entire profession struggle to understand the man.

All that said, Fiona Hill's book on Putin is the best one. And it's not even close. It starts all the way back with his parents experiences before he was born, how that affected their parental decisions, and how he responded to specific professional stresses in East Germany and in the St. Petersburg mayor's office. She builds a psychological profile based upon how different events changed him. It's the most complete picture of the guy I've ever seen, and its' been the most predictive of his behavior since he wrote it.

If she says he would use a nuke: you can't ignore that. That's a valid assessment by an expert.

Putin is a realist, at its ruthless core. Read Hans Morgenthaue. I am too

Has anyone been following the crazy story about the Chechen assassination squad that was "neutralized"? If the story is true in the manner that it is presented then it is an encouraging sign. That said, I know huge amounts of everything being broadcast is manipulative propaganda and probably shouldn't be trusted but I want it to be true.

If the story is new, supposedly Putin sent in to Ukraine a team or couple teams of Chechen fighters who specialize in hunting down and killing terrorist leaders. Their assignment was to find and assassinate Ukrainian President Zelensky. Ukraine is reporting the team(s) have been found and the threat eliminated. The interesting part is how they found them. The story is that someone inside the Russian FSB, Russia's equivalent to the FBI, leaked the detailed plans to the Ukrainian military so they had soldiers sitting and waiting in a prearranged ambush for the Chechen squad. If people high enough to have access to this kind of information in Russia's own government are thwarting Putin then maybe someone can stop Putin or maybe think twice about launching a nuke.

Obviously this could all be fake. There may have never been a Chechen assassination squad. If there was a squad, the source of the deployment information could have been from western intelligence agencies or satellite tracking and credited to the Russian FBS to sow distrust.

Last edited:
Has anyone been following the crazy story about the Chechen assassination squad that was "neutralized"? If the story is true in the manner that it is presented then it is an encouraging sign. That said, I know huge amounts of everything being broadcast is manipulative propaganda and probably shouldn't be trusted but I want it to be true.

If the story is new, supposedly Putin sent in to Ukraine a team or couple teams of Chechen fighters who specialize in hunting down and killing terrorist leaders. Their assignment was to find and assassinate Ukrainian President Zelensky. Ukraine is reporting they team(s) have been found and the threat eliminated. The interesting part is how they found them. The story is that someone inside the Russian FSB, Russia's equivalent to the FBI, leaked the detailed plans to the Ukrainian military so they had soldiers sitting and waiting in a prearranged ambush for the Chechen squad. If people high enough to have access to this kind of information in Russia's own government are thwarting Putin then maybe someone can stop Putin or maybe think twice about launching a nuke.

Obviously this could all be fake. There may have never been a Chechen assassination squad. If there was a squad, the source of the deployment information could have been from western intelligence agencies or satellite tracking and credited to the Russian FBS to sow distrust.

With the understanding that this could all be propaganda (like the supermodels-in-arms, or the sunflower granny), this is also in the same vein, showing that Putin's power base may be starting to crack.

Jerusalem Post: $1 million bounty on Putin offered by Russian businessman

A sad, sad but somewhat welcome byproduct of this whole situation is that NATO countries (besides the US) will be bulking up militarily. In other words, the United States will no longer need to be the only significant armed country in NATO.

Telling are a few paragraphs from this opinion piece, which I agree with:

It isn't just Putin's aggression that has woken Europe from its slumber. The diplomat explained that in conversations with counterparts, officials had taken note of the lead that US President Joe Biden has taken in coordinating the West's response.

"A big fear in European capitals: what would have happened if Biden wasn't in the White House at the moment? No one seriously believes that Trump would have handled this well and we may have him or someone like him back in a couple of years. Effectively, that means we have to assume we are alone," the diplomat added.

One of the main reasons that the Western response, especially in Europe, has been so unusually coordinated is that the EU and NATO have operated unexpectedly well. Officials in both institutions said this is because for the first time that many of them could remember, both institutions stuck to their competences and worked in lockstep.

Europe's thinking on defense, security and foreign affairs has evolved light years in the matter of a few days. It is now waking up from a decades-long dream that the stability provided by an interconnected world would prevent war breaking out and that, should the worst happen, America would sort it out.

Last edited:

I disaagree of course, with Fiona Hill. She's a political hack with a pre-determined anti-Putin "cause". Like I said, in other threads, Putin has been critical of the UN and our (the West, as in NATO, EU, US/UK for repeatedly pushing NATO to his doorstep, contrary to many diplamatic assurances, in Putin's view, negotiated terms for various agreements. I have cited a recent book by a historian on that subject.

Kicky questions my assessment that I know his politics, views, and such on this subject. I said I doubted anyone could see daylight between Kicky and Fiona Hill. Now, was I right about that/

I know I have read and looked for whatever valid points Putin may have from some sources, which are noted in balanced reviews as one of three or more possible viewpoints on it all, and that source characterized what I have been saying as Putin's point of view.

Far from being opaque, he has openly and publicly campained for an agreement to honor the statements our top diplomats made when Russia was deciding to withdraw its forces from East Germany, that NATO military would not move "One incher close" to Moscow.

Beyond looking for some kind of rationality in Putin, I basically equate him with Obama and Hillary except these leaders of ours are clearly still communist ideologues with Cloward-Piven notions of reducing superpower USA to a rough equivalency with China, maybe India and even Brazil. J. William Fulbright's advice on essentially adopting a Confucian value system in one respect.

One of my Chinese friends explained to me this way. If you go to Chinese restaurant and notice an old slow poke janitor doing menial chores, that's probably the owner. The Boss. It is very important not to be the target. This would be the least of reasons, among many, to make the case that neither Mao nor Xi are genuine Confucian believers. They are Western in many respects. More like the emperor sort of figures. But it might still be important to look for the puppet master running the show.

I think that was Oscar Wilde's point about British diplomacy circa 1890 in his comedy "The Importance of Being Earnest"

I actually prefer Brit and US legal tradition following from the Magna Carta and the Constitution and Bill of Rights. I would expand the notions of inalienable human rights and the necessity of limiting government power.

I am in no sense a supporter of Putin or Biden. neither Putin, Xi, or any of our Honchos are genuine supporters of those American "Exceptional" traditions.

I know I am not one of Kicky's favs or literally anyone else's here. In fact, it is precisely these values that annoy so many in here.

Last edited:
I disaagree of course, with Fiona Hill. She's a political hack with a pre-determined anti-Putin "cause". Like I said, in other threads, Putin has been critical of the UN and our (the West, as in NATO, EU, US/UK for repeatedly pushing NATO to his doorstep, contrary to many diplamatic assurances, in Putin's view, negotiated terms for various agreements. I have cited a recent book by a historian on that subject.

Kicky questions my assessment that I know his politics, views, and such on this subject. I said I doubted anyone could see daylight between Kicky and Fiona Hill. Now, was I right about that/

I know I have read and looked for whatever valid points Putin may have from some sources, which are noted in balanced reviews as one of three or more possible viewpoints on it all, and that source characterized what I have been saying as Putin's point of view.

Far from being opaque, he has openly and publicly campaing for an agreement to honor the statgement our top diplomat= made when Russia was deciding to withdraw its forces from East Germany, that NATO militgary would not move "One incher close" to Moscow.

Beyond looking for some kind of rationality in Putin, I basically equate him with Obama and Hillary except these are s clearly still communist ideologues with Cloward-Piven notions of reducing superpower USA to a rough equivalency with China, maybe India and even Brazil. J. William Fulbright's advice on essentially adopting a Confucian value system in one respect.

One of my Chinese friends explained to me this way. If you go to Chinese restaurant and notice an old slow poke janitor doing menial chores, that's probably the owner. The Boss. It is very important not to be the target. This would be the least of reasons, among many, to make the case that neither Mao nor Xi are genuine Confucian believers. They are Western in many respects. More like the emperor sort of figures. But it might still be important tol look for the puppet master running the show.

I think that was Oscar Wilde's point about British diplomacy circa 1890 in his comedy "The Importance of Being Earnest"

I actually prefer Brit and US legal tradition following from the Magna Carta and the Constitution and Bill of Rights. I would expand the notions of inalienable human rights and the necessity of limiting government power.

I am in no sense a supporter of Putin or Biden. neither Putin, Xi, or any of our Honchos are genuine supporters of those American "Exceptional" traditions.

I know I am not one of Kicky's favs or literally anyone else's here. In fact, it is precisely these values that annoy so many in here.
This is Russian propaganda.

What’s funny is that conquering Ukraine would’ve brought him closer to NATO than if he had just left Ukraine alone. LOL

Far from being opaque, he has openly and publicly campaing for an agreement to honor the statgement our top diplomat= made when Russia was deciding to withdraw its forces from East Germany, that NATO militgary would not move "One incher close" to Moscow.

Beyond looking for some kind of rationality in Putin, I basically equate him with Obama and Hillary except these are s clearly still communist ideologues with Cloward-Piven notions of reducing superpower USA to a rough equivalency with China, maybe India and even Brazil. J. William Fulbright's advice on essentially adopting a Confucian value system in one respect.

One of my Chinese friends explained to me this way. If you go to Chinese restaurant and notice an old slow poke janitor doing menial chores, that's probably the owner. The Boss. It is very important not to be the target. This would be the least of reasons, among many, to make the case that neither Mao nor Xi are genuine Confucian believers. They are Western in many respects. More like the emperor sort of figures. But it might still be important tol look for the puppet master running the show.

Lol. You are a hack. You have not made coherent sense in one post. If that was your intent, well done. If not, also, well done.