What's new

The *OFFICIAL* Russia Is About To Invade Ukraine Thread

Really...? So your saying that folks here see through the Trump prosecution?
What's to see through? He committed the crimes.

I would certainly prefer if we weren't relying on technicalities when it comes to involvement and willingness for our military to accomplice/contribute to war crimes and the destruction of our planet.
War is destruction.

Have you seen surveys from Ukrainians with overwhelming support for this war? It certainly is difficult to find anything. I would personally be very interested in knowing how many Ukrainian citizens would support peace efforts?
There are millions of Ukrainian refugees. You see any forming peace protests?

Really...? So your saying that folks here see through the Trump prosecution?
When I see the ex-president trying everything he can to keep documents dealing with our military, other militaries, nuclear secrets, both ours and others, my biggest still unanswered question is why did he need that information as a civilian, and why did he have it shuffled around at Mar-a-Lago in an effort to keep hiding it? My mind trends towards thoughts of $$$$$. Trump really, really, likes $$$$. Don’t know if the coming prosecution will even get into the “whys” for what Trump did. But Trump only cares about Trump. And I do believe Donald Trump would sell out his country in a heartbeat if the almighty buck is involved. I believe Donald Trump is fully capable of treason of the highest order. Do not trust him as far as I could throw him. I’m not seeing though a prosecution that is 100% justified. We should all be glad he is being prosecuted, it’s our democracy trying to work!! And I hope all Americans someday fully understand why Donald Trump stole those documents. He will be branded the traitor he has always been…..

When we know that just about every ex president has taken documents and apparently some vice presidents and First Ladies took boxes and boxes and hard drives full of documents and they prosecute just trump?
When we have ex presidents that started a torture program, ordered drone strikes that killed 90% innocent people, lied about WMD’s to get us into war, and I could go on. The prosecution of trump has to seem suspect. When I say “see through the trump prosecution” I’m talking about the fact that it’s an obvious attempt to silence a political opponent because we have ex presidents that have done far worse with no consequences.

View: https://youtu.be/QBLNohqquRk

Last edited:
When we know that just about every ex president has taken documents and apparently some vice presidents and First Ladies took boxes and boxes and hard drives full of documents and they prosecute just trump?
When we have ex presidents that started a torture program, ordered drone strikes that killed 90% innocent people, lied about WMD’s to get us into war, and I could go on. The prosecution of trump has to seem suspect. When I say “see through the trump prosecution” I’m talking about the fact that it’s an obvious attempt to silence a political opponent because we have ex presidents that have done far worse with no consequences.
It doesn't seem suspect because once the government found out about the docs they asked for them back. Trump played musical chairs with the documents and hid them not just from the government but from his own lawyers to avoid giving them back. Then he got himself on tape saying basically "Look at this classified document that I'm not keeping secure in any way. When I was President I could have declassified this document just because I wanted to (even though this document shouldn't be declassified) but I'm not President anymore so I can't do that. Yet here it is, I'm waiving it in your face." His housekeeping staff had full access to our classified documents, along with any random guest at Mar-A-Logo. I mean I watched enough 80s spy movies to know that this would be a treasure trove for a secret agent just sitting there asking to be photographed and sent back to the motherland.

In short, Trump has been way way stupider than any of those other Presidents. There is evidence for days. Not just speculation or assumptions. Evidence, the kind you can put in front of a jury in a court room. That's on Trump for being as dumb as he is.

Listening to the first 1:06, my response was "No kidding, Sherlock!". The US has never pretended that they did not have the degradation of Russia as one of their goals, and has never claimed most of their aid has been humanitarian. That said, the alternative was to let Russia roll over Ukraine. Did RFK Jr. address that at any point?
I just looked at the title and was like, oh okay, they've decided to kill a strawman. Pass.

Trump did not return them when asked. The others did.

When I say “see through the trump prosecution” I’m talking about the fact that it’s an obvious attempt to silence a political opponent because we have ex presidents that have done far worse with no consequences.
If Trump goes to jail, it would not be the first time someone has run for President from jail. Prosecuting Trump doesn't silence him. You have a faulty assumption you are relying on.

Trump did not return them when asked. The others did.
Really, Hilary have hers back? When else have they even asked for docs from ex presidents? It doesn’t make any sense.
If Trump goes to jail, it would not be the first time someone has run for President from jail. Prosecuting Trump doesn't silence him. You have a faulty assumption you are relying on.
It’s not an assumption it’s an obvious logical conclusion.

It doesn't seem suspect because once the government found out about the docs they asked for them back. Trump played musical chairs with the documents and hid them not just from the government but from his own lawyers to avoid giving them back. Then he got himself on tape saying basically "Look at this classified document that I'm not keeping secure in any way. When I was President I could have declassified this document just because I wanted to (even though this document shouldn't be declassified) but I'm not President anymore so I can't do that. Yet here it is, I'm waiving it in your face." His housekeeping staff had full access to our classified documents, along with any random guest at Mar-A-Logo. I mean I watched enough 80s spy movies to know that this would be a treasure trove for a secret agent just sitting there asking to be photographed and sent back to the motherland.

In short, Trump has been way way stupider than any of those other Presidents. There is evidence for days. Not just speculation or assumptions. Evidence, the kind you can put in front of a jury in a court room. That's on Trump for being as dumb as he is.
Do you really think a president is going to come out and say “we tortured some folks” if there weren’t a mountain of evidence that it happened? Bush started a torture program and we have the evidence. We still have the damn program for heavens sake. Your argument that trump is just dumb is incredibly silly and disingenuous.
I’d ask if you think having documents at your house is more dangerous than starting a war based on lies about WMD’s that killed millions of people and starting a torture program, but I know that you’ll do the gymnastics to justify the docs as worse for the simple fact that it’s trump.

Do you really think a president is going to come out and say “we tortured some folks” if there weren’t a mountain of evidence that it happened? Bush started a torture program and we have the evidence. We still have the damn program for heavens sake. Your argument that trump is just dumb is incredibly silly and disingenuous.
I’d ask if you think having documents at your house is more dangerous than starting a war based on lies about WMD’s that killed millions of people and starting a torture program, but I know that you’ll do the gymnastics to justify the docs as worse for the simple fact that it’s trump.
I am certainly no Bush booster, but, unfortunately, what he did was probably not illegal. I think it should be, personally, but it's not. Also, he didn't start a war after he left office, so there's a certain amount of protection there.

Other members of the Mafia did worse things that Al Capone's tax evasion, but that's what he ended up going to prison for.

Really, Hilary have hers back?
Yes.

When else have they even asked for docs from ex presidents?
I would think pretty much all of them.

It doesn’t make any sense.
It does, you just don't like the reality for some reason.

It’s not an assumption it’s an obvious logical conclusion.
Detail out the argument, particularly the premises, and I'll find the faulty assumption.

No, my entire point is that I DON'T think any other president would be stupid enough to say that. That's basically my whole post, bro.

Oh and you can only prosecute what you can prove. I mean it is what it is on that one. Kill 1 million people but there's no proof, you don't do time. Steal a gummy bear but it's on tape, depending on your income bracket you might be doing some jail time.

Oh and you can only prosecute what you can prove. I mean it is what it is on that one. Kill 1 million people but there's no proof, you don't do time. Steal a gummy bear but it's on tape, depending on your income bracket you might be doing some jail time.
What? You don’t think you can prove that millions of people died as a result of the war on terror? I’m pretty sure there’s burials, death certificates, citizenship records, military records, and so on. You make no sense.