What's new

The OKC game has convinced me that jazz need to throw money at jabari

jiggamanjazz

I was back and forth before but it always happens this way. While defense is good, you need offense to win in the playoffs. Listening to the guys on TNT they said OKC has three guys that can get whatever shots they want, we have 1. I love derrick favors...LOVE... But we need another elite offensive player. Donovan cant do it all. I still think jabari has elite offensive tools. I think hes the only one that can realistically be had. Have these playoffs changed anyones mind about taking the risk?

This team has definitely been fun to watch, but Mitchell is the only rotation player capable of getting himself a good look. Last year we had Hill, Hayward, Hood, and Johnson who were all capable scorers. I don’t think the OP is wrong

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

OMG. Yes we need to add a secondary scorer, but my God!! Why would u... how could you possibly come up with Him!! He doesn't fit this team at all. He can't defend, can't shoot, and a shell of his pre injured self.

Idiot!!

OMG. Yes we need to add a secondary scorer, but my God!! Why would u... how could you possibly come up with Him!! He doesn't fit this team at all. He can't defend, can't shoot, and a shell of his pre injured self.

Idiot!!
LOL @ this guy... Life must be terrible!

I agree that the Jazz need another scorer who can create his own shot... however I'm not sure Jabari is the answer. That being said... who else is there in the FA market this summer? Unless it's a trade, Jabari is the best available option as far as offensive threats go. Look at the FA list:

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/

Jabari wont be close to himself until next season. He is still recovering from his second ACL surgery. Just like Exum was at the beginning of last season. I am not sure he is the answer but his current play is not a reflection of who he is. I would love to get him in our system and give him a chance but I also think he is too expensive.

I agree that the Jazz need another scorer who can create his own shot... however I'm not sure Jabari is the answer. That being said... who else is there in the FA market this summer? Unless it's a trade, Jabari is the best available option as far as offensive threats go. Look at the FA list:

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/

I would take a chance on Aaron Gordon over Jabari. But I think both will be too expensive for us. Jazz should probably hold out until 2019 free agency. But if it looks like one or both of those guys could be had for a good deal I would take a chance at them.

Looking at that list I hope some team makes a big offer to Capela. That would really hamper the Rockets or be a big loss to them.

Lol Any Jabari mention and you get dumb takes on either side it never fails. Theoretically he could help. He was benched last game and seems to have a deteriorating relationship going on with the Bucks so I wouldn't put too much stock in that game. But on the other hand he is both an injury and defense risk. He is also a little bit of a ball stopper who has had bad coaching his whole Pro career. You would have to be really sure about his attitude, his medical situation, and his ability to play in this style. That's a lot of question marks. I think it made a lot of sense to try to draft him and grow him in our program that first year. I've been inching farther away from wanting him the last 2 months unless it is on a decent deal.

I do think that the Jazz have a creation concern and a player like Jabari might be a possible answer. I'd prefer Gordon at this point if we are throwing out wishes. But I'm not sure either is exactly what we need.

Yes, your terrible takes is a drain on my life, that was the point. Thank you very much captain obvious!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL @ getting drained from a message board...Funny man..

Jabari has had flashes of his old self... dropped 35 and 12 and 25 and 8 and has had outbursts on some nights. I do worry about his defense... but i see his ballhandling and one on one skills as something we lack.. I dont think he's a great fit with Gi-anus either. Again... we need offensive creators and Aaron Gordon will be matched, I dont think jabari will.

I mean because we have so much cap space to throw money at him and that’s how this whole nba signing players thing goes... throws the munnies at Jabari guis!!!!!!

We. Don’t. Have. Cap. Space.

LOL @ getting drained from a message board...Funny man..

Jabari has had flashes of his old self... dropped 35 and 12 and 25 and 8 and has had outbursts on some nights. I do worry about his defense... but i see his ballhandling and one on one skills as something we lack.. I dont think he's a great fit with Gi-anus either. Again... we need offensive creators and Aaron Gordon will be matched, I dont think jabari will.

Rubio has had a few of those games too. That isn't anything close to the norm with Rubio or Parker. Get over yourself and realize you wasted your time and mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk