What's new

The OKC game has convinced me that jazz need to throw money at jabari

I’m very bullish on Exum... not renouncing him to throw an offer at Parker that gets matched.

Get Niko for our unguaranteed guys and a couple seconds. Throw a really protected 2019 1st if u must.

If Niko continues to play well in the playoffs they might just forgo signing Cousins and keep Mirotic. I'm no longer confident he is that gettable for Utah via trade.

If Niko continues to play well in the playoffs they might just forgo signing Cousins and keep Mirotic. I'm no longer confident he is that gettable for Utah via trade.

I think they’d still try and keep cousins but might use yet another pick to offload hill or other salary.

There is something to this though. He got hot and played well in the first game... can’t imagine them moving him if he continues to play well.

Seeing where our pick landed and thinking we likely could have sent AB out in the deal to get Niko it kind of stings. Still hope we can get him.

Seeing where our pick landed and thinking we likely could have sent AB out in the deal to get Niko it kind of stings. Still hope we can get him.
I really hope for our sake that the 21st pick and Burks is a lot better than Niko...

I really hope for our sake that the 21st pick and Burks is a lot better than Niko...

Or that we can get Niko for our unguaranteed guys and 2nd rounders... and the 21st pick turns into something good.

We need to keep Exum.

I'm not sold on Parker or Otto. And I'm not sure why NOLA would trade Mirotic. They have other pieces they could dump that would make more sense. Mirotic gives Boogie Cousins time to come back slowly.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

We need to keep Exum.

I'm not sold on Parker or Otto. And I'm not sure why NOLA would trade Mirotic. They have other pieces they could dump that would make more sense. Mirotic gives Boogie Cousins time to come back slowly.

If u sent Jerebko they might convince themselves that Jonas at $4M is better than Niko at 12.5 when they get Boogie back.

It will cost a first to move Hill or possibly Moore/Ajinca.

They will have serious money issues if they decide to keep cousins and Rondo (even at a modest 3-5M on rajon). Their situation is worth watching... they have an ownership in flux and a superstar to appease. They may end up selling off more picks to fix the cap issues rather than selling off contributors... but something will be sold imo.

As far as new orleans wanting to keep him, what if he doesn't want to be there? Would they still trade him to us knowing he would leave when free agency hits?

NOLA only has $92 million guaranteed for contracts. I dont think Cousins gets a max deal with his age and that injury. I'm thinking $25 per. If he gets $30, all they have to do is shed Ajinca's $5.3 via trade or stretch and they are around the luxury. The rest of their roster would be minimum guys, but they would be able to pull it off.

And trading for Mirotic using a draft pick is unrealistic. Why would they dump Mirotic before they know Cousins' fate? Free agency is after the draft.

NOLA only has $92 million guaranteed for contracts. I dont think Cousins gets a max deal with his age and that injury. I'm thinking $25 per. If he gets $30, all they have to do is shed Ajinca's $5.3 via trade or stretch and they are around the luxury. The rest of their roster would be minimum guys, but they would be able to pull it off.

And trading for Mirotic using a draft pick is unrealistic. Why would they dump Mirotic before they know Cousins' fate? Free agency is after the draft.

They are closer to $93M in guaranteed money... they will pick up Miller's 2.2M cuz its a good cost effective deal... say DMC signs for $25M (I don't think it happens but I'll play along). That puts them at the tax with 9 players. So they let Rondo, Clarke, Okafor walk unless they can get them for the min. Waive and stretch Ajinca saves them 3.6, but then they have another roster spot to fill. They have depth issues so filling a roster with 7-8 minimum guys seems kinda rough.

They may just pay the tax in an effort to keep AD, but I think they will do some maneuvering. If they re-sign Boogie they will not be able to re-sign Niko the following year anyway. They will be at $100M+ for 5 guys.

If they can convince someone to take Hill for their 2019 pick it changes things for them this year and next. Not sure they find a taker though.

There was a reason NO wanted the team option on Niko's deal... costs are hanging out in the back of their mind.

I wonder if Parker is going to available in a sign and trade situation this summer. Given his injury issues I don't think he gets max. I think his defensive issues will also hinder his value. I think Aaron Gordon will be the first choice of teams like Dallas (who is actually kind of injury adverse... sometimes). Could see Parker getting a big offer from Chicago or Atlanta, but Milwaukee may threaten to match unless he will work with them on a sign and trade. I don't think they let him walk for nothing.

If it was AB, Jae Crowder, and Thabo or Jonas or Udoh's unguranteed salary are we in? Say Parker comes in at 4/80.... are we excited about that. Even if he is healthy I wonder if his defense will improve enough.

I don't think he is on the Bucks next year and I don't think they let him walk for nothing.

There are much better options in 2019 than 2018. Just keep money available. If DL needs to pick someone up, do it for a 1 year deal, or trade for someone on the last year of their deal. Guys I like better than Parker in 2019, some realistic, some not.

Kawhi(PO)
Butler(PO)
Thompson
Irving
Love(PO)
Mirotic
Tobias Harris
Khris Middleton (PO)
Paul Milsap (team option for 30 million)

Lots of other names out there that will possibly be FA in that offseason too. I'm sure there are a few other players that would fit. Maybe we will just want to resign Rubio at that point, but I'd be upset if DL didn't at least try for some of the guys listed above.

There are much better options in 2019 than 2018. Just keep money available. If DL needs to pick someone up, do it for a 1 year deal, or trade for someone on the last year of their deal. Guys I like better than Parker in 2019, some realistic, some not.

Kawhi(PO)
Butler(PO)
Thompson
Irving
Love(PO)
Mirotic
Tobias Harris
Khris Middleton (PO)
Paul Milsap (team option for 30 million)

Lots of other names out there that will possibly be FA in that offseason too. I'm sure there are a few other players that would fit. Maybe we will just want to resign Rubio at that point, but I'd be upset if DL didn't at least try for some of the guys listed above.

I’m not sure how I feel about Parker. I like a lot of the guys in 2019 FA but FA is a bit tough to plan for and we may miss out on our target... so if a good option comes up I may just take it. Parker seems more available than I originally thought. They really should have moved him before the deadline.

I don’t think we bring Ricky back unless Exum flames out or can’t stay healthy. I can’t see us running with two defensive point guards who don’t shoot straight. I think Exum is younger with the bigger ceiling and puts pressure on the rim... so we roll with him. Maybe Ricky takes a backup role cuz he loves us but I’d want to pay him like a backup.

We have a couple big opportunities to improve... next two offseasons will determine if we are able to build a championship quality roster or just a perennial 2nd round team.