What's new

The OKC game has convinced me that jazz need to throw money at jabari

There was some talk on RealGM of a double sign and trade for Favs... Milwaukee posters were 100% for it. I think Parker gets more than Favs, so it might not work and I'm not sure I remember a double sign and trade ever occurring.

Was reading up and some around the team think there is a disconnect because of Greek Freak gets all the attention and touches. Who knows... that team's coaching staff is a **** show. I would be terrified between - Injury issues, defensive worries, and potential attitude issues. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery... any salary above $18M (which I think he will surely get) would make me nervous as hell.

There was some talk on RealGM of a double sign and trade for Favs... Milwaukee posters were 100% for it. I think Parker gets more than Favs, so it might not work and I'm not sure I remember a double sign and trade ever occurring.

Was reading up and some around the team think there is a disconnect because of Greek Freak gets all the attention and touches. Who knows... that team's coaching staff is a **** show. I would be terrified between - Injury issues, defensive worries, and potential attitude issues. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery... any salary above $18M (which I think he will surely get) would make me nervous as hell.
Is double sign and trade even a thing?

Parker fits a stretch four mentality, but we’d really have to compensate for his defense.

I like the idea of Parker, but I do have my concerns. He did average 12.6ppg and 5rpg in 24mpg since he returned from injury. He should be able to play and provide more at the start of next season. Seems like he would provide some offense we need, but I haven't been able to watch much of the series with Boston. He has played 12.5mpg has only scored 2 points- what is the deal there?

Milwaukee's salary cap situation is pretty bad - considering they're a small market team that's under performing it's an absolute dumpster fire.

They're not going to trade Parker and take salary back. It would have to be a three way.

Agree with him not being in Milwaukee's plans - as a team, The Bucks are a mirror opposite of Utah - the parts are way better than the whole.

700480930.jpg

His injuries scare me too much, and probably DL, to take a chance. He doesn't bend his knees right anymore.

Another scorer would be nice, but consider a couple of things:

1. You can have your option as a stretch 4 player. But if he can't play D, you are just as liable to give up as many points as ours would score. In the end, that's a wash. Gobert (and Thabo to a lesser extent) can only compensate so much.

2. For a max deal, you're going to have to renounce Exum, Jonas, and Raul, in addition to not re-signing Favors. That's a lot of depth to give up.

3. Outside of Jabari, there isn't an option that I can see that's a.) available, b.) attractive, and c.) will kill our cap. Even then, I'm not sold on Jabari. A S&T or straight trade may work, but what do you give up to get that?

Beyond that, we are basing this on 1st game in the playoffs against an abnormally hot PG and unusually cool Rubio. Please don't blow up the ship based on a small statistical sample. This team went on a tear in the second half against some good competition with a rookie still learning the game as our number one option.

I wouldn't assume The Jazz are going to pick up next season where they left off this one - they had the second easiest schedule in the NBA after the all-star break, in the last 30 or so games, other than Rubio and Favors missing a couple of games their starters were completely healthy, and they played a bunch of teams that just didn't give a flip.

If they stand pat there is no way I'd feel 50 wins is in the bank. If they lose Favors and don't find a suitable replacement then I doubt they'd make the playoffs.

The turnaround wasn't due to a poor schedule. It was because we had Rudy Gobert healthy. We smashed good teams and were dominant on the road over that stretch. That's NEVER easy to do whether the schedule is in your favor or not. This team is the real deal. I don't think we'd get 60 over a full season but 50 is definitely doable. We'd have been a 55+ win team with a fully healthy Gobert around all year. To think we'd miss the playoffs without Favors is crazy. As long as we have Gobert we are a top 3-5 defense in the NBA. When you have a defense that good you don't miss the playoffs.

I was back and forth before but it always happens this way. While defense is good, you need offense to win in the playoffs. Listening to the guys on TNT they said OKC has three guys that can get whatever shots they want, we have 1. I love derrick favors...LOVE... But we need another elite offensive player. Donovan cant do it all. I still think jabari has elite offensive tools. I think hes the only one that can realistically be had. Have these playoffs changed anyones mind about taking the risk?
So a game in which our defense cost the team the game. You want to go out and get a dude that is horrible at defense?

Jabari Parker with some dumbass comments today... saying only way to get playing time was to be on coach's good side...

Yes a guy coaching for an NBA job isn't playing you when he knows it will make his team better because you aren't on his good side. Also, fantastic timing as your team is trying to win a playoff series.

I'm out on Jabari... too many red flags... too much BS

My worry with a guy like Jabari Parker is that you spend all that money and then get to the playoffs only to find out that he’s not Melo on offense, but is Melo on defense. That would eff the salary cap up for a guy you can barely play when you absolutely need him the most.

I liked the Jazz strategy from this year. Get good role players that fit the culture and play defense, while leaving open the option to add a star in the near future.

Before the season, I thought PG13 would be a great acquisition. I’ve majorly cooled on that. Still think he’s insanely talented, but I don’t know that he’s a good fit for this culture.

Right now, I’d keep Favors, Exum and Rubio for starters. I’d try to start position myself to be able to get Jimmy Butler. I think he would be the perfect fit for Utah’s culture. He’s the star we need.

Imagine what Butler, Gobert, Mitchell and Quin Snyder could do together. Jazz would massacre teams.

My worry with a guy like Jabari Parker is that you spend all that money and then get to the playoffs only to find out that he’s not Melo on offense, but is Melo on defense. That would eff the salary cap up for a guy you can barely play when you absolutely need him the most.

I liked the Jazz strategy from this year. Get good role players that fit the culture and play defense, while leaving open the option to add a star in the near future.

Before the season, I thought PG13 would be a great acquisition. I’ve majorly cooled on that. Still think he’s insanely talented, but I don’t know that he’s a good fit for this culture.

Right now, I’d keep Favors, Exum and Rubio for starters. I’d try to start position myself to be able to get Jimmy Butler. I think he would be the perfect fit for Utah’s culture. He’s the star we need.

Imagine what Butler, Gobert, Mitchell and Quin Snyder could do together. Jazz would massacre teams.

I agree with this. Utah has to zero in on keeping who they have, if possible. It is no coincidence Utah caught fire after Gobert returned. There is absolutely no reason to change that unless Favors leaves.

The team's defense is a legitimate weapon. The team isn't entirely inept offensively either. Just some areas we need to work on and that's entirely fixable on a player development level. But most of all, DON'T KILL THE CHEMISTRY!!!

I'm still not opposed to getting Jabari, because you'd be buying at his absolute lowest value, but I think the smarter thing is to try pretty much the same roster for next year and see what happens in 2019. I'd love to give AB somewhere to go where he can get minutes, but I doubt the Jazz can find someone that wants to pay him.

I would pursue Mario Hezonja who can play (SG,SF,PF) and add to what Jazz lack most ,athleticism. hezonja has way more upside than Crowder and O'Neale and would be a great running mate with Mitchell, Exum,and Rubio next year.

I would pursue Mario Hezonja who can play (SG,SF,PF) and add to what Jazz lack most ,athleticism. hezonja has way more upside than Crowder and O'Neale and would be a great running mate with Mitchell, Exum,and Rubio next year.

i think he can be a good player. magic is magic so i expect him to be pretty decent on jazz uni if we get him

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz