What's new

The OKC game has convinced me that jazz need to throw money at jabari

There are much better options in 2019 than 2018. Just keep money available. If DL needs to pick someone up, do it for a 1 year deal, or trade for someone on the last year of their deal. Guys I like better than Parker in 2019, some realistic, some not.

Kawhi(PO)
Butler(PO)
Thompson
Irving
Love(PO)
Mirotic
Tobias Harris
Khris Middleton (PO)
Paul Milsap (team option for 30 million)

Lots of other names out there that will possibly be FA in that offseason too. I'm sure there are a few other players that would fit. Maybe we will just want to resign Rubio at that point, but I'd be upset if DL didn't at least try for some of the guys listed above.

I think I'm out on Parker. Use the MLE for one year to bring someone in this offseason, but keep the powder dry for 2019 unless something amazing comes knocking.

I don't think we have much of a shot at the blue chippers (Butler signs an extension and Klay stays), but I think we could get two of the second tier guys. If we re-sign Exum around $8-9M a year we will have $40-45M in capspace.

The Parker move is a desperation move when you've run out of options... we ain't there yet.

A good option came up. We didn't take it.

I think I'm going to be sick.

I feel like I should make a mixtape of Niko highlights set to Sarah McLaughlin music.

I feel you... I was pro don’t trade a first for Niko... but it was close. Remember we always get our man... just a year later than we first try.

This may be an outlandish statement, but is it possible that all of this recent noise Jazz fans have made about Jabari stems in large part from something other than his basketball ability?

This may be an outlandish statement, but is it possible that all of this recent noise Jazz fans have made about Jabari stems in large part from something other than his basketball ability?

Not from me... honestly the mormon thing would be an unnecessary distraction imo. The idea of what Parker could become in an ideal scenario is kind of exactly what we need, some serious issues though with the injuries, defense issues, and limited sample size as a shooter.

Given the price, contract, etc. I think I'm with Infection and I'd rather have Niko.

Not from me... honestly the mormon thing would be an unnecessary distraction imo. The idea of what Parker could become in an ideal scenario is kind of exactly what we need, some serious issues though with the injuries, defense issues, and limited sample size as a shooter.

Given the price, contract, etc. I think I'm with Infection and I'd rather have Niko.
I am not mormon and that is the part I would worry about with Parker. It could be a distraction.

I think he has a big upside and could fit very very well in Snyders system. But there are some concerns with him as well. $ is the biggest issue. At 15 mil per or less its an easy yes to me. At max its an easy no for me.

The Jazz need a secondary scorer but they also need that guy to have a good head on his shoulders and to show a team mentality and put some effort every game, so Jabari is probably not the best answer.

Don't get me wrong, I think he would add some much needed offensive talent to this roster, but he wouldn't be my first choice considering his injury risk, lack of defense and price tag.

We really do need a 15 points a game guy. That would really change this team and push us to the next level. Would help Ingles especially. And another offensive threat would take so much pressure off of Donovan. Watching game one, our real problem is the bench. We just don't have guys who can score outside of our starters and sometimes Crowder. We only have six players. Exum is a work in progress. This has been the problem all season. And in game one it became clear--can't play Jerebko, Exum's lack of shooting is going to hurt in the playoffs, crowder is inconsistent. Who can turn to? Our only chance is Rubio shoots well. If he doesn't we lose.

I don't think that player is Jabari... or if he is you better be sure, because you are going to have to pay him. But we need that guy. I'm worried about him. But maybe a new place and a coaching staff that knew how to use him would help him. Bucks are obviously the worst place for him right now.

No. He's too injury prone. We don't have the money to sign him this summer anyway. The 2019 offseason is the time to get the scorer you are talking about. That's when we'll have cap space.

If I was DL I would re-sign Exum and keep the rest of this roster virtually the same next season (minus Favors possibly, depending on price), unless a crazy opportunity presented itself. We went 29-6 to close the season when we were healthy. That's a 60+ win pace over the course of a full season. If we had a 50, 55, 60 win season next year we would draw big time interest from the top free agents in 2019.

No. He's too injury prone. We don't have the money to sign him this summer anyway. The 2019 offseason is the time to get the scorer you are talking about. That's when we'll have cap space.

If I was DL I would re-sign Exum and keep the rest of this roster virtually the same next season (minus Favors possibly, depending on price), unless a crazy opportunity presented itself. We went 29-6 to close the season when we were healthy. That's a 60+ win pace over the course of a full season. If we had a 50, 55, 60 win season next year we would draw big time interest from the top free agents in 2019.

I wouldn't assume The Jazz are going to pick up next season where they left off this one - they had the second easiest schedule in the NBA after the all-star break, in the last 30 or so games, other than Rubio and Favors missing a couple of games their starters were completely healthy, and they played a bunch of teams that just didn't give a flip.

If they stand pat there is no way I'd feel 50 wins is in the bank. If they lose Favors and don't find a suitable replacement then I doubt they'd make the playoffs.