What's new

The Paths Forward From Here

Which path should we take?

• Compete now - Trade for a "star" (Dejounte Murray, Zach LaVine, Quickley, or a similar type player)

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Chill mode - Just ride the fence until next offseason

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Consolidate and roll with the young players more - trade some of KO, THT, Clarkson, Collins, Sexton

Votes: 50 65.8%
  • Tank City - Pursue a Lauri trade that nets us a haul and start a true 3-4 year tank

Votes: 8 10.5%

• Total voters
Why isnt Dunn on the list? He has made the most of his recently increased workload.
Honestly a big part is age and not being around in 2-3 years. Plus you used the word "recently". He hasn't played the best, the most when looking at the season as a whole. Mostly not his fault because he didn't get minutes for most of the season but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

The rotation needs to tighten. Some guys that maybe deserve to get some minutes simply don't get them. It's tough but giving everyone minutes isn't the way imo. Gotta upset some dudes.

Btw Im fine if you go with Dunn and never play tht. Just gotta pick between them. Don't play 4 pg's for ****s sake.
I go with tht cause he is younger and has more potential.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

JJ Redick talked with Tim Legler on his most recent podcast episode and Lauri to OKC was brought up by JJ. No trade details or anything but JJ said he is the perfect player OKC should go after.

The thing about Dunn is that no matter how well he plays, he's still an extremely limited offensive player who teams can so easily game plan against.

He was great last night in the clutch. But is his 3 ball and a running 15 footer really something we can bank on?

Sexton/Yurt and a pick for IQ/Fournier is about the price I'd pay. KO/Dunn/Yurt plus a pick for IQ/Fournier would be another iteration.

If the price is higher than that right now I wait until the offseason and try to do a sign and trade maybe... or move on to other targets. If you know what you are going to have to pay him I'm willing to push more onto the table.

Another iteration that came to mind....THT to WAS and Delon to NYK. We send out KO/THT and receive IQ/Fournier. NYK gets two really useful role players in Delon+KO. We make up the difference in picks, I don't think it should be much more than one pick though.

lmao if IQ was a rookie averaging 6 and 3 you'd declare him the next Steph Curry.
Stop being a dumbass. Dejounte Murray has proven a lot in this league while Quickley is still a bit of a question mark with heavy minutes. I definitely like his game but to act like he is hands down a better player than Murray like you claim is pure speculation at this point. Of course you are the king of hyperbole ******** so obviously I'm not surprised.

Stop being a dumbass. Dejounte Murray has proven a lot in this league while Quickley is still a bit of a question mark with heavy minutes. I definitely like his game but to act like he is hands down a better player than Murray like you claim is pure speculation at this point.

Their advanced stats are comparable. Murray does play 10 more minutes per game, but you're acting like Murray is an all star while Quickly is a scrub. They are of comparable quality, and Quickly has higher potential imo.

Stop being a dumbass. Dejounte Murray has proven a lot in this league while Quickley is still a bit of a question mark with heavy minutes. I definitely like his game but to act like he is hands down a better player than Murray like you claim is pure speculation at this point. Of course you are the king of hyperbole ******** so obviously I'm not surprised.
He's hand down better.

Murray so proven. He had that one great season on a bad Spurs team. Proven soooo much. Then he got traded in one of the most lopsided trades that did nothing to help Atlanta. Soooooo proven.

Their advanced stats are comparable. Murray does play 10 more minutes per game, but you're acting like Murray is an all star while Quickly is a scrub. They are of comparable quality, and Quickly has higher potential imo.
Would you rather have an overrated defender who plays slow and doesnt get to the FT line or a 3pt marksman who can shoot with volume who is an underrated defender and plays fast?

Good lord some of you are weird. In what way have I made it sound like Quickley is a scrub? Was it when I said I really like his game or when I said he was likely to get a 30+mil a year new contract. Sure sounds like I am calling him a scrub.

Murray so proven. He had that one great season on a bad Spurs team. Proven soooo much. Then he got traded in one of the most lopsided trades that did nothing to help Atlanta. Soooooo proven.
So you are telling me that Murray is a scrub. Good to know.