What's new

The Paths Forward From Here

Which path should we take?

• Compete now - Trade for a "star" (Dejounte Murray, Zach LaVine, Quickley, or a similar type player)

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Chill mode - Just ride the fence until next offseason

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Consolidate and roll with the young players more - trade some of KO, THT, Clarkson, Collins, Sexton

Votes: 50 65.8%
  • Tank City - Pursue a Lauri trade that nets us a haul and start a true 3-4 year tank

Votes: 8 10.5%

• Total voters

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
These are the routes I see in front of the Jazz. Pick a preferred route. I think the route that most likely yields a title is the tank route but its also a bitter pill to swallow for a few years.

Good lord that is bad. I definitely wouldn't trade Key for the honor of giving IQ a massive contract but to throw in a 1st is comical. Offer the knicks Key for IQ straight up and they say yes immediately.
Yeah, there is no way they would say yes to that.

You have a really odd obsession with the potential of rookie contract players.

Maybe controversial, but if NYK was open to swapping IQ for Keyonte and a single first, I would probably take that.

Would think NYK would want to do a trade that would bring them more immediate help to fortify around Brunson though.
Not sure either team would do it. Just in different spots. I think Key for IQ is more fair. I’d try to build a IQ trade around picks and vet players. I think it’d be more fungible for trades for them.

Not sure either team would do it. Just in different spots. I think Key for IQ is more fair. I’d try to build a IQ trade around picks and vet players. I think it’d be more fungible for trades for them.
How is Key for IQ straight up fair for the Knicks?

IQ is a 20+ PPG starter.

Keyonte would be pretty lucky to be IQ after 4 years.

I think Keyonte is nice and has a lot of potential, but I havent seen enough to call him a surefire bet to be a future top 10 PG. IQ is a top 10 PG once he gets starter minutes.

How is Key for IQ straight up fair for the Knicks?

IQ is a 20+ PPG starter.

Keyonte would be pretty lucky to be IQ after 4 years.
I understand that but young players that show promise early and are playable have tremendous trade value. If NY is going to flip him later or keep him then the difference in salary of 20M adds to what they can get as far as on court value. Part of the reason they’d trade IQ is tax related so Keyonte helps.

I don’t think either team would do it though.

I understand that but young players that show promise early and are playable have tremendous trade value. If NY is going to flip him later or keep him then the difference in salary of 20M adds to what they can get as far as on court value. Part of the reason they’d trade IQ is tax related so Keyonte helps.

I don’t think either team would do it though.
I think Utah would do it in a heartbeat. Laughing to the bank if no picks have to be included.

I think Keyonte is nice and has a lot of potential, but I havent seen enough to call him a surefire bet to be a future top 10 PG. IQ is a top 10 PG once he gets starter minutes.
Right and IQ will be paid like that. He also may regress a bit when moving into the starting lineup. I don’t think it will happen but it’s possible.

Knicks are trying to win now, so trading for Keyonte in a straight up deal is a massive negative for them. Makes no sense unless they are getting a pick.

I don’t know why Key is being discussed in Quickley trades. Makes no sense for NYK. They will be looking for win now vets. KO, Sexton, and THT make a lot more sense depending on their preference and Fournier is easy matching salary.

Knicks are trying to win now, so trading for Keyonte in a straight up deal is a massive negative for them. Makes no sense unless they are getting a pick.
Right… which is why he’s not the piece to consider moving since it makes more sense for us to keep him and for them to get a more ready player.

But if they get the pick, it could make sense for them. Maybe it's a 3 way deal or something.
We could send them a pick or two ourselves and keep Key. THT, Sexton, KO, Yurt would all be players they could use if they moved IQ. Add pick or picks to flavor. If the main draw is the picks then we’d rather keep Key.