What's new

The Perfect Movie

I have a confession to make..... I don't like Star Wars at all.

*Besides the N64 Podracer video game, that thing was dope*

Noone has mentioned Léon yet. Very disappointed in you guys.

Lord of the Rings
City of God
Any Hayao Miyazaki movie
The Fall
Fight Club
Breakfast Club
The Devis's Advocate
The Matrix
Shaun of the Dead
In Bruges
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Life of Brian
Back to the Future
Up
The Incredibles(maybe the best superhero movie of all times.)
The Crow
Baraka
Samsara
One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest
Dead Poets Society
Ghostbusters
Grave of the Fireflies
Into the Wild
Pan's Labyrinth
Silence of the Lambs

Pretty sure I can dig more and find some more.

Star Wars
City slickers (the first one only)
Mighty ducks. (Loved it as a kid)
Tin Cup
8 men out
50 first dates
Rocky (1,2,3,4, and the last one)
Field of dreams
Sandlot
The first Beverly Hills cop
The first diehard
Princess bride
Rad
Goonies
Miracle on ice

I know I'm missing a lot, but this is a good start.

The first two were great, and the first movie in particular was the source of some great lines.

1. Cop stops Bombay for drunk driving, then says "Breathe, blood, or urine?" Bombay's response: "No thanks, I'm full."

2. Bombay asks one of the kids if he knows what sarcasm is. The kid responds (sarcastically): "NooooooOOOOOoooooo."

And then of course there's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaaEzOH9YFE

Noone has mentioned Léon yet. Very disappointed in you guys.

Lord of the Rings
City of God
Any Hayao Miyazaki movie
The Fall
Fight Club
Breakfast Club
The Devis's Advocate
The Matrix
Shaun of the Dead
In Bruges
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Life of Brian
Back to the Future
Up
The Incredibles(maybe the best superhero movie of all times.)
The Crow
Baraka
Samsara
One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest
Dead Poets Society
Ghostbusters
Grave of the Fireflies
Into the Wild
Pan's Labyrinth
Silence of the Lambs

Pretty sure I can dig more and find some more.

Do you just like the Ghibli movies, or is there a second anime fan on the board besides me?

No love for the sports movie Hoosiers and Rudy?

Also got to give a shoutout to Ben Affleck. He's the reason for my favorite movies of the last 8 years or so.

Gone Baby Gone

The Town

Argo

Haven't read thru the thread yet, but aside from the glory that is Roadhouse, I'd say Shawshank Redemption is my idea of a perfect movie. The acting and directing were suburb, the story was great, and it had perhaps the most satisfying ending in a movie ever.

what_about_bob_front_large.jpg

Prob the most perfect movie ever IMNSHO^.

Great choice. The scene where he's saying "I think I have a copy of my book around here" and it goes to the bookshelf which is nothing but copies of his book never fails to make me laugh.

Don't. Please, for the love of humanity, don't. "Pulp Fiction" is one movie I would strongly advise you to stay away from, in any version.

I can't even fathom what an edited version of it would be like. Part of me wants to find out.

Almost forgot Robin hood Prince of thieves. One of my favorites. Used to watch every day as a kid.

Also night of the living dead. I think that's what it's called.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Maybe I should have added Ghost in the Shell and Akira to the list. Yep, another anime fan here.

What are the odds on a Jazz board. I've posted anime-related stuff here before, no one really cares. :p I'm also into AMV's, video games, and sci-fi/fantasy novels. A geek's geek.

FWIW, my favorite anime films: Ghibli (pretty much anything/everything), Satoshi Kon's films (all four of them), Ghost in the Shell, Akira, a couple of Yoshiaki Kawajiri flicks -- Ninja Scroll and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust -- and a couple of Mamoru Hosoda flicks -- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars. I also like Makoto Shinkai's 5cm Per Second, although that's more like an OVA series.

For series, favorites include Texhnolyze (this is my very favorite, although it's quite slow and not for everyone), Mushi-Shi, Dennō Coil (not available in the US, but there are fansubs around if you google it), Elfen Lied, Paranoia Agent, Kino's Journey, Gunslinger Girl (first season only), Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (both seasons 1 and 2), Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit, Ergo Proxy, RahXephon, Claymore, Ouran High School Host Club, and Emma: A Victorian Romance.

I also have to add "Batman" (1989) and "Batman Returns" to the list. Tim Burton's Batman movies are far better than what Nolan did to Batman. Nolan also managed to ruin Superman with the horrid "Man of Steel".

I also have to add "Batman" (1989) and "Batman Returns" to the list. Tim Burton's Batman movies are far better than what Nolan did to Batman. Nolan also managed to ruin Superman with the horrid "Man of Steel".

Wrong, Superman was ruined a few years back. Man of Steel was a much better attempt.

Also you can't compare those Batmans, two very different approaches to the story and both very good.

Wrong, Superman was ruined a few years back. Man of Steel was a much better attempt.

Also you can't compare those Batmans, two very different approaches to the story and both very good.

Of course I can compare the Batman movies. They are based on the same character and universe. Burton's Batman had more character. Nolan's Batman tired way too hard to be realistic. I like Keaton's Batman better than Bale's.

No love for the sports movie Hoosiers and Rudy?

Also got to give a shoutout to Ben Affleck. He's the reason for my favorite movies of the last 8 years or so.

Gone Baby Gone

The Town

Argo

I'd have liked Rudy so much more if I didn't know the true story. And even that I could forgive if they didn't turn a real life guy (Dan Devine) into a total and complete *** for no reason.

That being said both Rudy and Hoosiers brought a great sense of atmosphere into the movies. It's as if I was in that time in Indiana while I'm watching it.

What are the odds on a Jazz board. I've posted anime-related stuff here before, no one really cares. :p I'm also into AMV's, video games, and sci-fi/fantasy novels. A geek's geek.

FWIW, my favorite anime films: Ghibli (pretty much anything/everything), Satoshi Kon's films (all four of them), Ghost in the Shell, Akira, a couple of Yoshiaki Kawajiri flicks -- Ninja Scroll and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust -- and a couple of Mamoru Hosoda flicks -- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars. I also like Makoto Shinkai's 5cm Per Second, although that's more like an OVA series.

For series, favorites include Texhnolyze (this is my very favorite, although it's quite slow and not for everyone), Mushi-Shi, Dennō Coil (not available in the US, but there are fansubs around if you google it), Elfen Lied, Paranoia Agent, Kino's Journey, Gunslinger Girl (first season only), Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (both seasons 1 and 2), Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit, Ergo Proxy, RahXephon, Claymore, Ouran High School Host Club, and Emma: A Victorian Romance.

Good list. There are some I don't know but I will definitely take a look at them. I read more mangas than I watch animes though. I seriously doubt you didn't watch or read Monster but if you haven't you definitely should. Takehiko Inoue's Slam Dunk(also an anime), Vagabond, Real are great mangas too.

And Mushi-shi is my favorite series. I didn't think I would meet anyone who liked it.