What's new

The Random Question Thread

Does anyone remember the thread about embarrassing things that happened to you? If so, can you bump it? I can't find it.

ahh... that new car smell...

basic-restroom.png

so we drove past this huge parking lot that was filled with Porta Potties, they were literally packed in like sardines, standing shoulder to shoulder and it got me to thinking...

and wondering about the folks who buy Porta Potties and whether or not they get excited when they take delivery of a brand-spanking-new Porta Potty, and wondering if they revel in that new potty smell the way you do when you buy a new car and it has that wonderful new car smell

I think it'd be pretty cool to take a tour of a Porta Potty factory.

That is the american tardis.

This raises another interesting question my wife and I have discussed from time to time. Why do lots of TV shows and movies show that the bad guy is really a good guy until the other good guys (the main protagonist usually) turns him into a bad guy by being a dick to him? Look at Smallville, where they showed Lex as a generally decent guy until everyone treating him like a criminal and an evil person basically turned him into an evil person. Or Gotham (not recommended btw, kind of crappy) where Ed Nygma is turned into a bad guy because the other people at the police station bully him and treat him like crap. So is it the same for Satan? Was he generally a nice guy until Jesus and his pals made fun of him one time too many and turned him evil?

I think I am going to hell for posting this btw.

what other crappy TV do you watch? (Recent Jazz games aside)

@fishonjazz how do you like your electric bike? What's the range in lazy person mode?
I liked it alot but it was stolen a couple of months ago unfortunately. The range was about 25 miles if you are just using the throttle/battery.

I liked it alot but it was stolen a couple of months ago unfortunately. The range was about 25 miles if you are just using the throttle/battery.

I remember now. That sucks ***.

I'm thinking about getting one. I've seen some much cheaper than I remember you posting about (some are only $800 now). I figure I could save about a half an hour every day with one. That would put a nice dent in my 13.5-14 hour work days.

Does anyone still call them Dixie cups? Is that even allowed?

(it does seem like an unusual name for a line of plastic-coated paper tableware products!)

Does anyone still call them Dixie cups? Is that even allowed?

(it does seem like an unusual name for a line of plastic-coated paper tableware products!)

The white hat enlisted sailors wear is called a dixie cup...

ccfeeb4ecae780865a1459264a299185--vintage-sailor-vintage-men.jpg

The little guy's handkerchief is completely unsat.

Here's how you do it, seaman. Both tips should be even...

neckerchief_knot.jpg