What's new

The Rest of the Season Plan - Kind Of

The problem is there is nothing teachable when a guy doesn't actually see the court. You have to give him real minutes to see what he can do and then teach during that process.
I’m sure the jazz are doing what they think is best. I think they see bad habits in him and are trying to teach those things out of him and not playing him is a motivational thing. I’m sure at some point he’ll play. I just don’t think Hardy is completely ready to throw in the towel on the season just yet. It’s coming though.

The problem is there is nothing teachable when a guy doesn't actually see the court. You have to give him real minutes to see what he can do and then teach during that process.
He sees him in practice and is likely communicating with the g league coaches. He knows the strengths/weaknesses and development plan. As flawed as THT is he is still likely to be much more effective than Brice right now. Brice will end up getting some minutes but it’s not like he’s totally earned them… just like Taylor it’s to get a look and see what they have.

He sees him in practice and is likely communicating with the g league coaches. He knows the strengths/weaknesses and development plan. As flawed as THT is he is still likely to be much more effective than Brice right now. Brice will end up getting some minutes but it’s not like he’s totally earned them… just like Taylor it’s to get a look and see what they have.
Yeah, and Hardy has to manage these guys and how their feel about his decisions etc., like THT wouldn't be pleased to see Brice take his minutes.

I think it has more to do with playing three rookies in the rotation rather than just Brice in isolation. Three rookies getting heavy minutes is a disaster. I just can't see how they use 3 picks next year.

My thought is that the Jazz have someone in mind to acquire during the draft. And are collecting vanity first rounds to up the perceived payment. Trading 3 or 4 first round picks is pretty sexy, even if one of them is that late pick this year. They have a young player to trade (Brice, maybe Hendricks) salary ballast. with players who don't actually suck (Collins and Clarkson) In that situation trying to resign Olynyk and Tec doesn't make a lot of sense and could complicate things.

It wouldn't at all surprise me to actually acquire Murray with the three picks that we might conceivably have with Sensabaugh and Clarkson going the other way. It isn't great value for them, but the number of picks helps them save face and we aren't really tapping into our finest pick reserve yet. Ot maybe toss a couple of those in and get Trae Young. . .

I’m probably going to be ratioed for daring to question the wisdom of God Hardy, but why isn’t Brice playing? This season is going down hard in flames and 2/3 of our rookies look like busts. Hendo looks lost (would like to see him get more pt. Throw him in the deep end to figure things out) and Brice is ded apparently. Why? If Brice can’t at least challenge someone like THT for some playing time, then what are we doing?
Still boggles how we drafted Brice but didn't even have Whitmore on the list on draft night.

Have I missed brices minute’s? People giving up on him already too?

Hardy saying he needs to be better at everything else could be taken as a serious swipe or more likely, what he says to every player 5 times a day. Personally, I don’t expect anything else from a 20 year old rookie but thats just me.

The thing is nba practices are super soft because the nba season can be such a grind so I wouldn't take much away from that. Then of course the gleague is pure trash basketball. THT has absolutely zero future with this team so I don't see the point in playing him at all. Hardy already burned that bridge to the point that it is unfixable and there will never be trust there from THT's side so why play him. Also with Dunn now coming off the bench you might as well surround him by as many shooters as possible.

I think it has more to do with playing three rookies in the rotation rather than just Brice in isolation. Three rookies getting heavy minutes is a disaster. I just can't see how they use 3 picks next year.

My thought is that the Jazz have someone in mind to acquire during the draft. And are collecting vanity first rounds to up the perceived payment. Trading 3 or 4 first round picks is pretty sexy, even if one of them is that late pick this year. They have a young player to trade (Brice, maybe Hendricks) salary ballast. with players who don't actually suck (Collins and Clarkson) In that situation trying to resign Olynyk and Tec doesn't make a lot of sense and could complicate things.

It wouldn't at all surprise me to actually acquire Murray with the three picks that we might conceivably have with Sensabaugh and Clarkson going the other way. It isn't great value for them, but the number of picks helps them save face and we aren't really tapping into our finest pick reserve yet. Ot maybe toss a couple of those in and get Trae Young. . .
Three rookies wouldn't be receiving heavy minutes. We are talking about 15-20 minutes for Hendricks and maybe 10-15 for Brice. Personally I would like Hendricks closer to 25 and Brice closer to 20 but that isn't happening unless injuries force Hardy to do that.

The thing is nba practices are super soft because the nba season can be such a grind so I wouldn't take much away from that. Then of course the gleague is pure trash basketball. THT has absolutely zero future with this team so I don't see the point in playing him at all. Hardy already burned that bridge to the point that it is unfixable and there will never be trust there from THT's side so why play him. Also with Dunn now coming off the bench you might as well surround him by as many shooters as possible.
Because you still have to act like you're trying to win to make Lauri happy. You have to let the best players in the group fail before you make changes to play clearly worse players.

Three rookies wouldn't be receiving heavy minutes. We are talking about 15-20 minutes for Hendricks and maybe 10-15 for Brice. Personally I would like Hendricks closer to 25 and Brice closer to 20 but that isn't happening unless injuries force Hardy to do that.
Kessler an Ochai were 2nd year players as well. Of all the 5 Ochai was the odd man out not sure how you throw 3 new rookies next year into the mix. .

Because you still have to act like you're trying to win to make Lauri happy.
For this season I think that ship has sailed. As for the summer and going forward, that's another thing. But I don't think playing THT or Brice sends any other sort of message than: this is all we've got.

Because you still have to act like you're trying to win to make Lauri happy. You have to let the best players in the group fail before you make changes to play clearly worse players.
That definitely isn't true. Lauri knows that THT has zero future here while Brice may have a future here. These guys aren't dumb so if you have an actual conversation with them they will understand it.

Still boggles how we drafted Brice but didn't even have Whitmore on the list on draft night.
I like how we’ve collected draft picks. I think the jury is still out on how well we’ve used them. 2/3 of our picks look like busts so far. We’ve missed out on players that could’ve made an impact. And our coach still doesn’t seem to have a clue about lineups.

I don’t really care much about Brice. If Hardy don’t play him then he probably deserve it. I’m more interested in Hendricks he have the size , defense and shooting jazz really need. But he’s g league level right now hopefully he makes a big jump next year.